Breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill

PY33

I am sorry that some have had problems in the P/G. We have eaten there many times on the Osterdamm and other HAL ships and never had any problems and as del suite guest we have eaten breakfast there many times and again the wait staff was great. many times the same staff we would have in the evening and sometimes at lunch also. There always can be problems on some staff but I have to say they have always prepared the food as we wished and went out of their way to accomadate us. Just our expierence but different people and a differient experience can have a different result for sure.:)

I am sorry that some have had problems in the P/G. We have eaten there many times on the Osterdamm and other HAL ships and never had any problems and as del suite guest we have eaten breakfast there many times and again the wait staff was great. many times the same staff we would have in the evening and sometimes at lunch also. There always can be problems on some staff but I have to say they have always prepared the food as we wished and went out of their way to accomadate us. Just our expierence but different people and a differient experience can have a different result for sure.:)

I agree. I think breakfast (and lunch and dinner) in Pinnacle are wonderful. We were on Oosterdam in June and had Pinnacle breakfast every morning but one and enjoyed it each time.

We saw Zuiderdam's Pinnacle Grill Galley and my memory is that it is it's own space.....not a part of Main Galley.

I grant it it was years ago we were taken there and perhaps I am not remembering accurately??? :confused:

We saw Zuiderdam's Pinnacle Grill Galley and my memory is that it is it's own space.....not a part of Main Galley.

I grant it it was years ago we were taken there and perhaps I am not remembering accurately??? :confused:

My first HAL cruise was on the Zuiderdam. We took the Galley Tour, and I posted a photo show of it. We entered the galley through the MDR and exited through the PG. The comment was made at the time that this was the reverse of the usual order, so we were reading our paperwork "down to up." Admittedly, this was in 2007, so unless a major dry dock completely rearranged the floor plan of the galley, they are part of the same space.

That breakfast menu has about 3X the choices that I've seen for breakfast on Princess, Royal Caribbean, or Carnival.

The "new" HAL breakfast menu is indeed quite extensive compared to that offered by other lines.

I emphasize the word "new" as it was changed a few years ago.

The "new" HAL breakfast menu is indeed quite extensive compared to that offered by other lines.

I emphasize the word "new" as it was changed a few years ago.

We think the menu outstanding. Just about anything you could want for breakfast is on it and if not, ask. They may be able to provide it.

It is the same menu in the MDR.

If extra staff is being assigned to the PG breakfast and very few diners are showing up, then they just might be redirecting suite passengers from the MDR to the PG for breakfast.

igraf

Our first cruise with HAL, on the Oosterdam, we were lucky enough to be in a Deluxe Suite. We ate breakfast in PG every morning and absolutely loved it. Every morning of the cruise, except the last two, we were the ONLY passengers in the restaurant. Talk about service!! The staff were tripping over each other taking care of us. We had 4-5 people at our beck and call. By the end of the cruise, they knew all our likes/dislikes, names, children's names, blood types....:D It was wonderful!!

I think that most of the suite passengers weren't aware of the PG perk until those last two days. Fine by us! ;)

On the S class ships -- the Pinnacle galley is part of the main kitchen.

On the R class ships and the Vista and Signature class ships -- the Pinnacles have their own galley.

Do not know about the Prinsendam.

On previous posts I read the breakfast in the PG came from the main kitchen so service was slow and somewhat "cold" food. What about lunch and dinner - would the food also be slow and "cool" having to come a further distance from the galley? I'm referring to the Westerdam as we will be in a Deluxe suite this fall.

On previous posts I read the breakfast in the PG came from the main kitchen so service was slow and somewhat "cold" food. What about lunch and dinner - would the food also be slow and "cool" having to come a further distance from the galley? I'm referring to the Westerdam as we will be in a Deluxe suite this fall.

We had breakfast every morning in Pinnacle on Westerdam and dinner at least twice. The food was not slow and 'cool'. It was hot and served promptly.

We don't look for supersonic speed meals. We're on vacation and like to have our breakfast at a steady but not rushed pace. We like our dinners to be spaced such that we can enjoy our conversation and wine and yet not feel like we are waiting for our next course.

Most Pinnacles do that just fine,,,,,, in our experience.

IMO

Because we had a problem with the Pinnacle Manager, on one of our Westerdam cruises we ate only a couple of breakfasts there -- they are prepared in the main dining room galley -- which is down the hall. The food was not as hot as we would have liked it.

Something else we have noticed on the Vista and Signature class ships -- the food is brought from the kitchen and then is set down while the wait staff look over their order forms and then sometimes have to run back to the kitchen to get something that they forgot. Even the meal is under a dome -- it does start to cool down.

Our Pinnacle Breakfasts have been hot, served quicker (IMO) than in the MDR and delicious.

Lunch and dinner are wonderful. Pretty hard to resist dinner and yes, the dinner was HOT:)

Don't worry - give it a try - I did have one PG breakfast experience not good (on the N.A.) and we just talked to the manager - by the next day it was much improved.

On the S class ships -- the Pinnacle galley is part of the main kitchen.

On the R class ships and the Vista and Signature class ships -- the Pinnacles have their own galley.

Do not know about the Prinsendam.

I'm not sure either - I believe they have their own galley but I don't want to swear to it:) One thing I will say - the Prinsendam has the best Pinnacle Grill that we have ever experienced - whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner:D Tremendous staff, tremendous room and tremendous food:):)

We've never eaten lunch in the PG. Am I correct in thinking there's a charge for that? I would assume it's a different menu than the MDR. We'll need to try it on this next cruise.

Yes, there's a charge for lunch in the Pinnacle. IIRC, it's $10, before any *Mariner discount.

And again, yes, it is the same menu every time, and is totally different from the dining room menu. Do a quick search for the menu; I know it's been posted several times just in the last few days.

I had lunch there once, and it was very good. I want to go again on my next cruise.

Do a quick search for the menu; I know it's been posted several times just in the last few days.

I had lunch there once, and it was very good. I want to go again on my next cruise.

Thanks, Ruth. I will do that!

If we were to make PG reservations now, before we leave, is our credit card charged now, like shore excursions are charged. What happens then if you want to cancel or change the reservation once at sea?

Yes, the credit card is charged when you make the reservation. You can cancel up to a few days before boarding (I think 5), and get a refund on your credit card.

Should you decide to cancel once you are on board, then you will receive an on-board credit for whatever the price was. If you just change the reservation to another day/time, then the amount you paid still covers that.

If you switch from dinner to lunch, or lunch to dinner, the difference will be charged/credited to your on-board account, as appropriate.

Archived