Beer Cooler on Oasis

We've seen on other threads that there is a beer cooler special on some ships, the Oasis being one of them. Has anyone been on the Oasis recently and seen this available? I believe you buy the cooler with eight or so beers for $40, then you can get it refilled for $29.

We've seen on other threads that there is a beer cooler special on some ships' date=' the Oasis being one of them. Has anyone been on the Oasis recently and seen this available? I believe you buy the cooler with eight or so beers for $40, then you can get it refilled for $29.[/quote']

Yes, not sure of the exact price, think it was just shy of $40 to buy the cooler with eight beers. Once you have the cooler, you pay@25 for a refill of 8 beers. Works out to @ $3 a beer. You can't get all beers though. Think it was just domestic Budweiser products.

Also once you own the cooler you can bring it on either the Oasis or Allure on future cruises and reuse it for the $25 refill price.

I just sailed last week.

Beer Cooler is $39 for 8 beers. Offered Bud, Bud Light, Michelob, or Michelob Light.

Refilling the bag thereafter is $29.

I asked for Corona instead and they obliged but said that I wouldn't be eligible for the $29 refill after, it would be $39. I never got a refill after that but highly doubt that would be true, especially if the last poster said you could bring the bag back for the refill on another cruise.

Back last year on the Allure if you bought 8 beers of any kind (even a mix) you got the cooler free. The next fill up you paid for 7 and got 8. What was nice about it was at any point they would provide you with more ice to keep your beer chilled.

This promotion is to be fleet wide DH called RCCL in April before we sailed on the Explorer and they told him fleet wide. Then he told them they needed to contact the Explorer because they didn't have it. They did and we had them when we got on board.

They are on all ships but may be sold out on your ship...

DSCN4631.jpg

DSCN4635.jpg

Hmmmm...... If they are displaying it like this then it gives the impression that you can mix and match. Would be a brilliant deal for 8 fosters oil cans :-)

I might push my luck with that one. if the picture on the table shows the mixture of beers I think they would be foolish from a false advertizing perspective to not allow you to do that. Unless there is some fine print.

Every ships is different on what you can get in the coolers. On Allure, they sold like 8 different types of beer (like the beers in the picture). On Oasis, it had to be Bud products. Majesty only Bud products. So mostly it has to be Bud (which is why I don't get the cooler) but on a few ships you can get other brands also.

Every ships is different on what you can get in the coolers. On Allure, they sold like 8 different types of beer (like the beers in the picture). On Oasis, it had to be Bud products. Majesty only Bud products. So mostly it has to be Bud (which is why I don't get the cooler) but on a few ships you can get other brands also.

Thanks so much for that info.

WOW that is crazy......

They carry all those beers on the Oasis.

So there must be NO corporate policy here.

When I get on the ship I will seek out the Cooler Sales and see if it shows a picture with a variety of beers. If it does then my next port of call (Pardon the Pun) will be the Food and Beverage director. I will ask him directly do you support what you advertise? If he says yes then I will ask why members of my Cruise Critic family have purchased the cooler and been told they can only get beers that are mostly Bud. If the picture shows all Bud type products then I will leave it at that.

Sound like a Plan. I will try to remember to post my findings back to thei thread. I have subscribed to it so some time after Sept 8th I should be able to post.

• 1 year later...

When I sailed on Oasis I wanted one of these, but I don't consider Bud products to be beer. I had read that you could buy them empty at some bars. I tried on the first two days and was told they were sold out.

Walking along the promenade on the last sea day there was a table set up outside the pub that had some glassware, the coke cups and a couple of the bags. I reached through the crowd to grab one and bought it empty. I don't remember the price but I want to say is was around $10 for just the bag.

Now that I know I can bring it back and use it on future sailings, I will have to try that. Is that a fleet wide thing?

When I sailed on Oasis I wanted one of these, but I don't consider Bud products to be beer. I had read that you could buy them empty at some bars. I tried on the first two days and was told they were sold out.

Walking along the promenade on the last sea day there was a table set up outside the pub that had some glassware, the coke cups and a couple of the bags. I reached through the crowd to grab one and bought it empty. I don't remember the price but I want to say is was around $10 for just the bag.

Now that I know I can bring it back and use it on future sailings, I will have to try that. Is that a fleet wide thing?

You can certainly bring it back and use it. There will not likely be any discount offered. We bought ours a few years ago (I think on Explorer) and were told at time of purchase that we could always refill it at a discounted price. That did not work on Oasis or Freedom.

It was convenient to have it and take beers back to our cabin but no discount.