Canon powershot lost in kona

Snorkel guy 35

On Tuesday, Wednesday August 8, we lost our Canon Powershot underwater camera in Kona. It is blue and silver and somewhat bulky. It was in a black hard case. It was lost somewhere between the cruise ship pier and Coconut Grove Market Place in downtown Kailua-Kona. The Pride of America was in port so a passenger may have found my camera.

The pictures are EXTREMELY sentimental to my wife. If you or anyone you know found this camera please contact me at mtcdn@live.ca.

Mahalo

I agree. I would put this on the Roll Call as well.

I am so sorry that you lost the camera and hopefully somehow it will be found and returned.

Keith

What's most important is the internal storage card, if someone finds the camera, and decides to keep his/her new "find", they should simply return the card.

Two suggestions:

The local newspaper is West Hawaii Today. If it's really important to you, consider posting an ad in the paper. Here's their online link: http://www.westhawaiitoday.com/. You could look under "contact us" or "classified ads" to find out how to do your ad.

Another possibility - Konaweb (http://konaweb.com/), with all kinds of information about the Kona area. They have a "Visitors" and a "Moving To and Living On The Big Island" forum. You could post a message there asking for help in finding your camera. You have to sign up to post, but it's free and people are usually very helpful. I'd post your message on both forums.

Good luck!

I would definitely go to Konaweb and post in both areas that Kartgv mentioned. It is a very good forum and has had good results with solving problems like this in the past. Good luck!

If anyone on the Aug 4th cruise which stopped in Kona on the 8th has the camera, please contact me regarding the card. It is critically important to get it back as there are photos of people we will never see again.

Mahalo

Would love to hear if and when you're successful

Good luck!

Don't know if you've seen the response on the Konaweb "Visiting" forum:

"Damon Tucker writes a blog and has found a camera in the ocean. He has posted a pic taken from the camera to identify. His blog is Damontucker.com - hope it's yours!"

Have our fingers crossed for you!

On Tuesday, Wednesday August 8, we lost our Canon Powershot underwater camera in Kona. It is blue and silver and somewhat bulky. It was in a black hard case. It was lost somewhere between the cruise ship pier and Coconut Grove Market Place in downtown Kailua-Kona. The Pride of America was in port so a passenger may have found my camera.

The pictures are EXTREMELY sentimental to my wife. If you or anyone you know found this camera please contact me at mtcdn@live.ca.

Mahalo

Aloha, post your question on the Konaweb.com forums.

Archived