July 2012 Splendor Review w/Pics

pyroguy

Love the Lido deck photo from under the movie screen. Appears to be nine of the front row seats have some sort of Chair Hog Spoor on them. ;)

On the issue of using US money. The prices posted are retail. Make your lowest price deal in US dollars rounded to nearest dollar and tell them you want you change in US dollars only. I've never had a vendor refuse and I don't get a handful of foreign bills or change.

I watched a guy buy a hat for around 5 bucks and he gave them a 20. I saw them later and they were still trying to figure out how much change the got back...he admitted that he paid more for the hat than be relized.:eek:

And a great review.

Thank you for your review. We were on the Splendor in April in 2009. Swine Flu Cruise. So loved loved loved your picture. We are going to do Las Calentes also so was nice to hear about this excurision. We can hardly wait til December and your review sure helped with the wait. Again thanks.

Thanks for a great review with some really outstanding pictures. I really enjoyed the way you weaved your family into everything - we are going on the Pride out of Baltimore with most of our family (kids and grandkids) in a couple of weeks and are really looking forward to cruising together.

Where are you from in Kansas? My wife was born in Hutchinson and went to school in Topeka (Highland Park HS) and nursing school in Wichita where we met and married. We still have family in KS.

By the way, baked beans are a standard dish in a British breakfast. I travel to London almost every year for my work and the guest house where we stay serves them every morning. Often see them on buffets when there is any chance of have someone from GB on board.

Thanks again for a great review.

Thank you for the excellent review! Your children are beautiful. I love that you surprised them.

I love the fact that yours was a west coast review. I don't get to see many of them and it was interesting to read about different ports.

You have a great eye and warm spirit. I am sorry that Cabo's vendors made it difficult to view your children.

If you ever do go back, I would suggest going to one of the quieter, restaurant/bars towards the end of Medano Beach and sitting in the lounge chairs a row or two back from the sand entrance. Then you can have your waiter put a barrier low table to keep the vendors away. We always just tip the waiter and the vendors disappear and we have a clear view to the water. Also, they don't charge you for a lounge chair or umbrella. Yes, you buy food and drink but it is reasonably priced, ie. $2.00 for a beer.

You should let your kids read this thread so they can be proud of what a great and artistic guy Dad is.

Great review!!!!!

Question-do you recall what time Muster was? I have never paid attention to the time we mustered on Splendor and our group is trying to plan a meet and greet. I dont want to cut it too close to the Muster. Thanks so much for any info!!!

Still doing the Dave Ramsey thing? Didn't see your wife wearing the shirt like on your review at HMC... :D

I am inspired by your photos and the landscape shots with the special effects. Maybe someday I'll spring for a DSLR. "It's not in the budget" right now. :(

Thanks again for sharing!

Bruce

aka Counsel

That was one of the BEST reviews I've read in a long time. I stopped myself from commenting until I knew you were finished so as not to interrupt the flow of the review. The photos are amazing, the family is lovely.. and the face on that little one... ohhhh he's so cute!! :)

The Splendor and the Miracle will be switching coasts in the spring. Although the itineraries are bound to be the same for each ship, and I swore the next time we cruise it will be somewhere different, the Splendor looks like a nice ship and worthy of consideration.

Again.. thanks for the great (sincerely.. it was GREAT) review.

By the way, baked beans are a standard dish in a British breakfast. I travel to London almost every year for my work and the guest house where we stay serves them every morning. Often see them on buffets when there is any chance of have someone from GB on board.

Must be a New England thing too. I've never been to a restaurant serving breakfast where baked beans were unavailable.

Thanks for a great review with some really outstanding pictures. I really enjoyed the way you weaved your family into everything - we are going on the Pride out of Baltimore with most of our family (kids and grandkids) in a couple of weeks and are really looking forward to cruising together.

Where are you from in Kansas? My wife was born in Hutchinson and went to school in Topeka (Highland Park HS) and nursing school in Wichita where we met and married. We still have family in KS.

Very nice. My wife and I are from a little town Clay Center but we have made our home in Topeka.

Glad the baked beans thing wasn't my imagination!

• 2 weeks later...
I have to comment on the La Isla barge you went on. We vacation in Cabo in a condo on the marina and we can see that barge from our balcony. We nick named it The redneck boat club. Ha ha ha ha! That's what it looks like coming in and out of the marina. :)

I have to comment too :). We are from a small town and the term "redneck" flows freely here. We did the La Isla tour when we were on the Splendor in May and we loved it! It was casual, relaxing and we were totally okay with our margarita's made with Squirt. However, we didn't take kids and had no intentions of snorkeling so we didn't have big expectations there. The tamales were really good too! We plan to book it again when we go in October 2013. It is what you make it and we had a great time :).

Archived