Can you get Buffalo Wings on a Celebrity ship?

scorben

I would like to see a cruise line get a real sportsbar. to me a sportsbar is not just a bar with T.V. screens that show sports. Real sportsbars have sportsbar foods too, Like: buffalo wings, nachos, and other foods of that sort.

Do they not have buffalo wings because they are american bar food?

I'm guessing it's because not enough people have asked for them. If suddenly a large proportion of their customers wrote in on their comment cards "could we have buffalo wings and a real sports bar" then they'd have to think about it. After all, a huge proportion of their customers are Americans.

I'm not! Who wants to see a bunch of people up to their elbows in hot sauce. And with the cloth napkins, what a laundry nightmare.

Use the cruise to explore new foods, not deplore the lack of common stuff. Try the escargot, the sushi, the spinach turnovers, the French potato pie, rack of lamb, the Mawr en Hand. Things you won't find at the local sports bar or Dominoes!

I agree with you Gail...I just didn't want to be the first person to say what you said :) There's so much GREAT food available ALL the time that I can't imagine not finding something new and delicious or comforting and delicious. But then I'm a culinary adverturist....

We live approx. 30 miles from Buffalo N.Y. and I thought I would recommend to those craving authentic Buffalo Wings, that it's not a bad place to plan your next vacation :rolleyes:

Here's a little history re the Anchor Bar where they originated for those of you who are wing aficionados: http://www.anchorbar.com/origins.asp

After 8 or 9 days of gourmet food, one may crave 'regular' food that they may have from time to time at home. I remember on one cruise my brother-in-law expressed to our waiter that, after all the fine food, he found himself craving a plain, old hot dog. You guessed it....a hotdog on a fine china plate appeared.

Most people do not get the sauce up to their elbows and the stains are no harder to remove from cloth napkins than red wine. Don't underestimate Buffalo wings, they are delicious.

OK what is up with bashing of more common foods. I like all sorts of foods. It is not bad to want buffalo wings on a ship. The ships serve late night pizza don't they. To me there is no difference in pizza, nachos, and buffalo wings. They are all common foods that can be found at a local restaurant. How many of you eat the pizza. There has to be enough otherwise they wouldn't serve it anymore.

One thing I like to do is try foods that I can get at home. I like to see how the cruise line food compares to what I can get at home. Most of the time the ship food wins hands down. I like trying new things too.

<telephone ringing .....>

<Tobacco shop clerk> 'Hello tobacco shop, can I help you?'

<caller..>, 'Umm , yes do you have Prince Albert in a can?'

<Tobacco shop clerk> 'Why, yes we do ....'

<caller> 'WELL LET HIM OUT!> ...

<click> ...

scorben; While not "Buffalo" style wings with the Tabasco based sauce, there were really good, slightly spicy BBQ style wings and ribs at the island night buffet on our recent Summit cruise.

BTW...why is it so difficult for cruise lines to provide vinegar? Most of us Canucks and Brits love some on french fries and Heinz for one puts it out in those little packets. Our ass't maitre d' who was irish said that he had been asking for it to be stocked for years.

give me some wings, I love Buffalo wings

I feel what ever a person loves to eat should be avaiable

Some love Beer, some love wine, some love both

I love eating my wings with my fingers,

Some would spend an hour eating a wing with a fork and knife

To each his own LOL

We are all paying big bucks for our cruise

Some can just write a check

Others have to get a loan and pay it off all year

We all deserve the best!!!!!

Plumeria

The old saw about most things tasting just like chicken. H'mmmm!!! Now if I put enough tabasco sauce on these frog legs, do you think they will taste like buffalo wings???? "Waiter, please bring me some blue cheese dressing. Also, do you have beer by the pitcher???" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Les

What a neat idea. I would like that Sports Bar with wings and nachos. I will definitely write that on my next comment card.

I do love all the gourmet , but sometimes you just get a craving for the good old plebian junk food.

Potato chips are my downfall.

celtic

At one time, didn't Millenium have a sports bar? (maybe still does--I know the other M class ships do not)

I agree--sometimes you do get a craving for comfort food. We spent a month in Indonesia for our honeymoon. The food there was wonderful, especially the fresh fish and I enjoyed trying different preparations that you would never find at home (small whole dried fish--eyes and all :eek:--as a garnish for eggs at breakfast is one that looked awful but tasted great). My husband still laughs about the fact that, by the end of the trip, I had a kiiler craving for a tostada. I made him stop at Taco Bell on the way out of the airport. Go figure. :D

Linda

The problem with anyplace trying to do Buffalo Wings is they usually are a very poor substitute for the real thing. So rather then ask Celebrity to serve them just come on over to Buffalo and sample the real thing here. As was said above Anchor Bar--Duff's--Bozanno's the list goes on and on of the good places in Buffalo to have Buffalo wings.

Hello everyone ~ thought it was time to jump in with a gentle reminder that responses here on the boards need to comply with our Community Guidelines. :) Please re-read a post before hitting "Submit Reply" to make sure you're in compliance.

Remember -- we're talking cruising here! I hope you'll agree that it's a pleasant topic! Everyone and all opinions are welcome, but not when they turn against the guidelines.

Thanks so much!

Archived