Pre-Cruise Concierge for all suite guests

Nalagh

[quote name='Demonyte']Sorry to say this but since you didn't escalate the issue, it was not NCL that let you down but those individuals only. Had you contacted the HD (or even just Concierge, they too are very interested about how suite guests are treated) and expressed your problem, it'd have taken care of - we have never had a problem onboard that couldn't been fixed with a call to HD. If contacting HD fails too, then one might say that NCL has failed.

I'm definitely not high maintenance and I always give the crew reasonable amount of time to act on any requests but on bed-related things the reasonable time is capped to the timeframe before somebody actually using the bed in question, if things can't be arranged before that, then it's time to escalate.[/quote]

Since he/she stated that they contacted the head of housekeeping, I would think that is escalating the matter...

This thread was created to advise those who wish to use this service. I and others have benefited and some have not been successful. Please respect the spirit of this thread as it was to advise and answer questions pertaining to this service.

[quote name='Nalagh']This thread was created to advise those who wish to use this service. I and others have benefited and some have not been successful. Please respect the spirit of this thread as it was to advise and answer questions pertaining to this service.[/QUOTE]

Which is exactly what I was doing when I stated what I requested from pre-cruise concierge and what I did or did not receive once onboard.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Forums mobile app

[quote name='Demonyte']Sorry to say this but since you didn't escalate the issue, it was not NCL that let you down but those individuals only. Had you contacted the HD (or even just Concierge, they too are very interested about how suite guests are treated) and expressed your problem, it'd have taken care of - we have never had a problem onboard that couldn't been fixed with a call to HD. If contacting HD fails too, then one might say that NCL has failed.

I'm definitely not high maintenance and I always give the crew reasonable amount of time to act on any requests but on bed-related things the reasonable time is capped to the timeframe before somebody actually using the bed in question, if things can't be arranged before that, then it's time to escalate.[/QUOTE]

I did not contact the HD as I did not think it was necessary after speaking with 3 different people and being told it "would be taken care of". We are not high maintenance at all...and don't normally run to management, etc for things. I would disagree with you about the concierge being "concerned" about us as he never even bothered to learn our name and did nothing for us other than reservations one night!! I guess we were just spoiled by Virginia on the Dawn. I never said NCL "failed"....I said I had a "less- than- sweet suite experience"....which I did!! I did not even think to call the HD because we were too busy off the ship doing other things and were too tired at the end of the day to bother with all that. We had other issues too (such as a dirty room when first arriving-well after it was announced all rooms were ready), which is how head of housekeeping got involved. We did not seek her out, she arrived after we had complained about it to butler). My whole point in bringing any of this up on this thread is that if pre-cruise concierge had provided egg crate like requested, there would have been no issue with that for 4 days!! Why offer a service if they arent able to fulfill requests?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Forums mobile app Edited by ksimpso3

[B][/B][quote name='ksimpso3']I did not contact the HD as I did not think it was necessary after speaking with 3 different people and being told it "would be taken care of". We are not high maintenance at all...and don't normally run to management, etc for things. I would disagree with you about the concierge being "concerned" about us as he never even bothered to learn our name and did nothing for us other than reservations one night!! I guess we were just spoiled by Virginia on the Dawn. I never said NCL "failed"....I said I had a "less- than- sweet suite experience"....which I did!! I did not even think to call the HD because we were too busy off the ship doing other things and were too tired at the end of the day to bother with all that. We had other issues too (such as a dirty room when first arriving-well after it was announced all rooms were ready), which is how head of housekeeping got involved. We did not seek her out, she arrived after we had complained about it to butler). My whole point in bringing any of this up on this thread is that if pre-cruise concierge had provided egg crate like requested, there would have been no issue with that for 4 days!! Why offer a service if they arent able to fulfill requests?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

With all due respect....
I can't see why someone would[B] not[/B] go to the HD if there was a problem....and then come to CC and complain.

Harriet Edited by hpecorari

[quote name='hpecorari'][B][/B]

With all due respect....
I can't see why someone would[B] not[/B] go to the HD if there was a problem....and then come to CC and complain.

Harriet[/QUOTE]

I did not come here to complain! If you read my other posts I have been very positive about pre cruise concierge! I only replied with my experience as far as that goes!!! I did not go into the other issues we had as they didn't apply here. My point was IF PRECRUISE CONCIERGE HAD FULFILLED MY REQUEST FOR AN EGG CRATE then I would not have needed to contact HD or anyone else ! You people need to relax!!

[quote name='hpecorari']OP Said:

"I did not even think to call the HD because we were too busy"

Harriet[/QUOTE]

I said we were too busy at the end of the day to deal with an egg crate!! Excuse me!!! We spoke with our room steward every morning before we got off the ship to "remind " him of the topper and were assured it would "be on that evening". I do not spend my vacation chasing people around like that. It wasn't the end of the world !! Again...I only mentioned it here in relations to precruise concierge. I wasn't looking for "answers" from all you "experienced complainers". Just stating a fact that a service offered by NCL wasn't fully taken care of.

This my first penthouse and I was so excited when I read OPs post. Please keep to that topic and give suggestions.

I feel like the rich and famous have taken over here. It is a cruise, enjoy. Please get back on topic as many of us want advice on how to make the most of this wonderful experience.

[quote name='Kaboochi']This my first penthouse and I was so excited when I read OPs post. Please keep to that topic and give suggestions.

I feel like the rich and famous have taken over here. It is a cruise, enjoy. Please get back on topic as many of us want advice on how to make the most of this wonderful experience.[/QUOTE]

The biggest tip I've learned is to ask for confirmation of special requests and to go with the flow.

Sent from my iPhone using [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk[/URL]

[quote name='Sparkygirl']The biggest tip I've learned is to ask for confirmation of special requests and to go with the flow.

Sent from my iPhone using [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk[/URL][/QUOTE]

Thank you for your informative post. Others please keep the positive info coming.

[quote name='hpecorari']OP Said:

"I did not even think to call the HD because we were too busy"

Harriet[/QUOTE]

Well, she stated that after I posted the statement you quoted. :rolleyes:

Frankly, I'm with ksimpso3. I wouldn't have bothered the HD with that either. She felt she escalated it accordingly, and only reported her experience as it related to the topic at hand.

Back to the topic at hand, I did utilize the pre-concierge for the Breakaway, and my requests were carried out, but incorrectly. Quickly rectified on the ship, however.

I have contacted the pre-cruise concierge for my upcoming cruise only because we're in an owner's suite and I want to pre-order our bar...which should have it in our cabin a day early. We shall see. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Cubechick']Well, she stated that after I posted the statement you quoted. :rolleyes:

Frankly, I'm with ksimpso3. I wouldn't have bothered the HD with that either. She felt she escalated it accordingly, and only reported her experience as it related to the topic at hand.

Back to the topic at hand, I did utilize the pre-concierge for the Breakaway, and my requests were carried out, but incorrectly. Quickly rectified on the ship, however.

I have contacted the pre-cruise concierge for my upcoming cruise only because we're in an owner's suite and I want to pre-order our bar...which should have it in our cabin a day early. We shall see. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for backing me up. I did not post here to start any trouble. I have not had any problems with pre-cruise concierge in the past. I think it is very helpful for people who want to plan everything out down to type of coffee/tea to have opportunity to request it. It is nice to know that you will have certain little things that you like in your room waiting for you (or will be brought shortly by butler/room steward). It is a nice perk of the suite life. I got some really helpful hints on these boards from others as to what to even ask for (which is how the whole egg crate thing started;)!)

[quote name='DMH15']I am just going to give my opinion and if anyone feels differently, so be it, I respect theirs. But... I think the pre-cruise concierge thing is kind of silly. All of those things can be asked for on day one. They need to get the existing pax OFF before the new PAX get on. Those things take time. Besides, it has never made sense to me that so many of tge things requested are actually duties of the BUTLER not the CONCIERGE.

Off my chest now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]now Free[/URL][/QUOTE]

My point was that if they're going to send me a letter saying they will do specific things and then not do them, they're just shuffling papers.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='kchiumento']YES!!! I bring my contoured tempurpedic pillow everywhere. I have neck issues, so it is a must for me. I have become so high maintenance in my 40's.:eek:[/quote]

I'm aware this post is a little dated, but I'm hoping someone has an answer for me. Is the memory pillow on the pillow menu shaped like a contoured tempurpedic neck pillow?

(example: [URL]http://www.tempurpedic.com/Contoured-Pillows/Tempur-Pedic-TEMPUR-Neck-Pillow.asp[/URL] )

My neck gets really stiff without one and while I know I [U]should[/U] just bring my own to be on the safe side, we're Americans cruising out of Rome and it'd be nice to have one less thing to lug along.

Thanks!

[quote name='Cretia']I'm aware this post is a little dated, but I'm hoping someone has an answer for me. Is the memory pillow on the pillow menu shaped like a contoured tempurpedic neck pillow?

(example: [URL]http://www.tempurpedic.com/Contoured-Pillows/Tempur-Pedic-TEMPUR-Neck-Pillow.asp[/URL] )

My neck gets really stiff without one and while I know I [U]should[/U] just bring my own to be on the safe side, we're Americans cruising out of Rome and it'd be nice to have one less thing to lug along.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

The memory foam pillows we got were not contoured. I do not know if they are available.

[quote name='Cretia']I'm aware this post is a little dated, but I'm hoping someone has an answer for me. Is the memory pillow on the pillow menu shaped like a contoured tempurpedic neck pillow?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

My mom carries on her own. On many airlines/flights it is allowed as an extra carry on. And she likes having it for her flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]now Free[/URL]

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I have a travel tempurpedic pillow ( pyou know, the donut shaped kind that's open on one end). I have degenerative disk disease in my neck pretty bad and the small donut shape is perfect for extra support under any other pillow, works just like my big contoured one. I simply ring it around the top of.my carry-on and clip it closed oth a binder clip to carry. It's awesome to have on long flights as well. I highly recommend. The memory pillow onboard did nothing for me.

Robin Edited by Fishbait17

Thanks![/QUOTE]

If you are spending any time pre or post cruise in hotels in Rome I would bring your pillow anyway. Always plan that they won't have what you need, then you may be pleasantly suprised, rather than disappointed.

Thanks so much everyone! I appreciate the info and advice. It looks like I'll be lugging it (or some version of it) along. It even looks like one direction will be a direct flight into Rome, so maybe carrying it as a carry-on as suggested won't be too bad.

[quote name='Fishbait17']I have a travel tempurpedic pillow ( pyou know, the donut shaped kind that's open on one end). I have degenerative disk disease in my neck pretty bad and the small donut shape is perfect for extra support under any other pillow, works just like my big contoured one. I simply ring it around the top of.my carry-on and clip it closed oth a binder clip to carry. It's awesome to have on long flights as well. I highly recommend. The memory pillow onboard did nothing for me.

Robin[/quote]

The donut shaped ones have never really worked for me, but maybe I should give it another try. I've thought about getting the little travel version of my pillow (there's one on Amazon that actually compresses into a little tube like thing), but they are only 10 inches across and I can just see myself falling off :(

In between baking and preparing for Christmas, I somehow managed to read all 22 pages of this thread! phew... Lots of great tips. Thank you so much for all the helpful info. I made a list of things I would like to request and am looking so forward to having a great time for the moment I get on board. Its nice knowing that we can just board the ship and not have to run around making sure to get this or that!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Nalagh']Every request was filled. There were 2 buckets of beer waiting in the room for dh. Not a feather in sight, the fridge was empited, my bar set up mixers in the fridge, champagne on ice, and the reservation change from Le Bistro to Moderno's at 7:30 (unavailable online or through NCL pre-cruise) was all done! I tipped very well both the butler Maxi and the concierge Monica. :)

Yup, the NCL suite life rocks!

Cherie[/quote]

can someone tell me what a proper tip would be for the butler, room steward and concierge

[quote name='nonnudie']can someone tell me what a proper tip would be for the butler, room steward and concierge[/QUOTE]

It's at your discretion.

Room stewards are compensated from the daily service charge so no additional tipping is necessary. However if you receive exceptional service from your room steward you can tip him/her in addition.

Butlers and concierges are not compensated from the daily service charge. there are no hard and fast rules on how much to tip. It should reflect how much service you receive from them (some people use them very little, others a lot) and the quality of that service. We make almost no use of their services and typically tip our butler and concierg about $50 each (total for the two of us) for the week. Others may tip two, three or four times that amount...or even more.

[quote name='njhorseman']It's at your discretion.

Room stewards are compensated from the daily service charge so no additional tipping is necessary. However if you receive exceptional service from your room steward you can tip him/her in addition.

Butlers and concierges are not compensated from the daily service charge. there are no hard and fast rules on how much to tip. It should reflect how much service you receive from them (some people use them very little, others a lot) and the quality of that service. We make almost no use of their services and typically tip our butler and concierg about $50 each (total for the two of us) for the week. Others may tip two, three or four times that amount...or even more.[/quote]

thanks!! i was just on celebrity and they add an extra 3.00 or 3.25 to the dsc if you are in a suite for the butler.. i didnt know that until i got home so that should be taken into account when tipping. not sure what other lines do this.