Pre-Cruise Concierge for all suite guests

Nalagh

[quote name='SissasMomE']Is half and half available for coffee? I have some recently discovered allergies, and I'm not sure I will be able to use those little containers of ... well, whatever it is. Should I even request this, or just bring my own?[/QUOTE]

They have half and half Edited by sjnyc323

[quote name='Fine and Jim Dandy']Not sure much was accomplished by calling ahead.

1. Don't understand the advantage of knowing the concierge's name before you arrive.

2. Feather pillows banned? I guess that is good if you have allergys.

3. Stopping at one of the numerous bars to grab a beer is too much trouble?

4. Refrigerator emptied? That is really an issue? Fridges are so small not much fits in them anyway.

5. I have always had ample supplies and varieties everytime I have a suite. Never had to ask.

6. Highly doubtful you will get any other butler than what is assigned for that week. They rotate on a regular basis, and generally have blocks of rooms to make things easier for them and you.

Promises on the phone are easy to make. Having those promises fulfilled is a different story.[/QUOTE]

JEALOUS much!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Fine and Jim Dandy']Not sure much was accomplished by calling ahead.

1. Don't understand the advantage of knowing the concierge's name before you arrive.

2. Feather pillows banned? I guess that is good if you have allergys.

3. Stopping at one of the numerous bars to grab a beer is too much trouble?

4. Refrigerator emptied? That is really an issue? Fridges are so small not much fits in them anyway.

5. I have always had ample supplies and varieties everytime I have a suite. Never had to ask.

6. Highly doubtful you will get any other butler than what is assigned for that week. They rotate on a regular basis, and generally have blocks of rooms to make things easier for them and you.

Promises on the phone are easy to make. Having those promises fulfilled is a different story.[/QUOTE]

Not a helpful post at all. Why bother, except to upset OP. I found the op's post very informative

[quote name='Kaboochi']Not a helpful post at all. Why bother, except to upset OP. I found the op's post very informative[/QUOTE]

Yeah, except the post is two years old. A lot of folks have reported very mixed reviews on the success of using the service. Did not work well for us in a DOS and got more done at the pier than through the pre concierge. It's ok if you don't let it bother you when they fail, and if it works, great!!

[quote name='rvsullivan']Yeah, except the post is two years old. A lot of folks have reported very mixed reviews on the success of using the service. Did not work well for us in a DOS and got more done at the pier than through the pre concierge. It's ok if you don't let it bother you when they fail, and if it works, great!![/QUOTE]

I know the age of this post. The offensive poster just needed to know. No need for further replies. Enjoy your next cruise.:)

[quote name='Kaboochi']I know the age of this post. The offensive poster just needed to know. No need for further replies. Enjoy your next cruise.:)[/QUOTE]

The poster you reference has long since moved on... That was probably 2 or 3 screen names ago. When people go out of their way to be helpful there will always be some who rain on their parade. Thanks for posting.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='MomnKidsNC']I am setting sail on the Norwegian Pearl Xmas/NYE 11 day cruise. I am in an Oceanview room and was wondering if I could purchase the beverage package before sailing?

Thanks!

Lis[/QUOTE]

You know this is a message thread about services for suite guests, right?

If you scroll down the page, you will find some postings about buying the package in advance.

• 2 months later...
FYI: NCL recently changed their online pre-cruise reservation booking policy (dining, entertainment, etc). I spoke with Adrian at the Pre Cruise Concierge Line today and she said advance reservations for Suite passengers have changed from 55 days from your sail date to 100 days. For the non-suite cruise guests it has changed from 45 days to 90 days. We are 54 days from sailing on the GetaWay so I thought I was getting started early. She said it changed a couple of months ago.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I found out about the earlier date for reservations here on Crusie Critic- not from the NCL website. Even though we are in a suite, I did not receive any reminder or notice from NCL to " make your fun dinner and entertainment reservations" until it was 45 days out. A hooked in member of CC tipped us off and our own cruise line did not! Oh well......

But we are low maintenance ..don't require a lot of pre- anything.

:D

We are very happy that this service is there even if we are not in a Haven suite this time. We did not get a letter, hear about it from our PC, or know from prior service. We found a CC thread that said that the concierge desk had a number, so I called to ask if was just haven guests or was it all suites. I was told ALL full suite guests (meaning no mini suites) were included.

What does pre-cruise concierge service offer?

1. The name of our concierge at sea...Yea we have Monica on the Star next week!

2. Pillow service planned ahead...means no feathers in the room for me when I enter!

3. Beer on ice for my DH when he gets in the room. (not gonna happen otherwise)

4. All of the stuff in the fridge will be taken out so to make room for what I want.

5. The coffee I want will be in the room for the machine will be well stocked.

6. We requested a certain butler....MAXI

So, if you are staying in a suite, you can do this too! Just call 1-855-625-4283. Yup, any suite on any ship! I sooooo love NCL!!:D

Thank you for the info!

I see there is a phone number but is there an email. We are staying in Haven suite and would like to request a few things.

I requested things before my Getaway cruise none were done even though I got an e mail response saying it would be. My butler took care of all

Suzanne

I requested things before my Getaway cruise none were done even though I got an e mail response saying it would be. My butler took care of all

Suzanne

That's a shame. While it probably wasn't a big deal, why offer this if they aren't going to follow thru?

Three weeks before our cruise on the Getaway (5/24) I contacted the pre-cruise concierge via email.

My email contained several requests from pillows, bar setup, fridge clear out and restock, wine, egg crate bed covers as well as instructions for the Butler of my family's preferences for snacks and goodies that they deliver in the afternoons. I also left my requests for dining reservations for the week for the concierge to book before our arrival but not in advance and charged to my CC online.

I am happy to report that all my requests were met and in order before I arrived. The Butler also did a great job mixing up finger sandwiches, cookies, popcorn, candies, chips, guac, salsa, cheeses , crackers, sliced fruits etc over the week. Very nice selections arrived every afternoon and he was always soliciting requests.

Edited by Zimomiller

OK, so this is our first cruise, so I am kinda clueless. I DID receive the Pre-cruise letter, but really was unsure how/where to reply. There is a general email given in the letter, which came as an attachment, but it is different than the email it came from. Don't want to reply to somewhere and have them just delete or something.

Also, the letter has a short list of liquor to choose from for our 3 bottles--is it possible to choose something else NOT on the list (specifically, it lists the only vodka choice as Smirnoff, and I would rather have Absolute Apeach, or even just Absolute)

Feel silly even asking these things, but have been staring at the email for about 3 days now..

Thanks for your help here :)

OK, so this is our first cruise, so I am kinda clueless. I DID receive the Pre-cruise letter, but really was unsure how/where to reply. There is a general email given in the letter, which came as an attachment, but it is different than the email it came from. Don't want to reply to somewhere and have them just delete or something.

Also, the letter has a short list of liquor to choose from for our 3 bottles--is it possible to choose something else NOT on the list (specifically, it lists the only vodka choice as Smirnoff, and I would rather have Absolute Apeach, or even just Absolute)

Feel silly even asking these things, but have been staring at the email for about 3 days now..

Sounds like the standard suite info, the address provided will get you to the person that takes care of these things. It appears your in an Owners Suite or higher? You can change out the alcohol to something that is not listed, but there is an upcharge. It is NOT cheap! My change from the standard Smirnoff to Gray Goose was $40 per bottle, my memory says it was the same for Absolute. Other choices can be higher. Tell them what you want, they will give you a price. If you accept it will be charged to your credit card in advance.

Edited by rvsullivan

We always phone the pre-cruise concierge desk a couple of weeks before departure, so we can discuss any questions/uncertainties we may have. Our requests include:

-pillow preferences

-clearing out fridge (to make room for our wine!)

-skim milk in fridge

-menus for all the restaurants (don't know if this is something they do anyway)

-extra hand towel

We also let them know we want chocolate croissants delivered every morning (nice to nibble on w/coffee as I wake up) AND first night out, lobster tails delivered to cabin pre-dinner, which we have w/our bottle of champagne, before changing for dinner. [specify the lobster tails be served same night as they serve them in the main dining rooms, so you avoid the crowds and won't be charged extra. It's usually on the menu the first night.]

We think the pre-concierge requests are helpful to NCL, so they can prepare ahead of time for the 'turn around day,' which is always so exhausting for the crew.