Pre-Cruise Concierge for all suite guests

Nalagh

Okay, this is probably a really dumb question but here goes....

We are in a suite next week on the Spirit. We did receive our priority luggage tags and a link to the Suites Welcome Aboard booklet. However, no where have I seen an email or phone number to contact the pre-concierge. I would like to contact so that some things can (hopefully) be done in advance. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me on this.

Thanks in advance.

Okay, this is probably a really dumb question but here goes....

We are in a suite next week on the Spirit. We did receive our priority luggage tags and a link to the Suites Welcome Aboard booklet. However, no where have I seen an email or phone number to contact the pre-concierge. I would like to contact so that some things can (hopefully) be done in advance. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me on this.

Thanks in advance.

Hi -We just upgraded to a suite today and all our info has been changed online. But where did you find the suite welcome aboard booklet?

Another note - this is only our second cruise and first suite...suite experts...any tips or tricks? I want to make sure we take full advantage of this perk! Thanks!

It's our first suite as well so I won't be too much help :D

The link I received for the booklet is http://www.ncl.com/welcomesuites

At first I thought it was the same booklet that I have received in the past for just a regular cabin but there are differences.

If you do a search on here there are some good lists of the things that the suites offer.

Hope that helps a bit.

This is another dumb question...we are not buying the soda/alcohol packages. I know we could request to have milk in our fridge - would there be a charge (we don't drink coffee)? I notice throughout all of these little treats that people say they have delivered to their room...do those cost or are they part of suite perks? Also, is there a charge for laundry service?

thanks and sorry if these are lame questions :)

This is another dumb question...we are not buying the soda/alcohol packages. I know we could request to have milk in our fridge - would there be a charge (we don't drink coffee)? I notice throughout all of these little treats that people say they have delivered to their room...do those cost or are they part of suite perks? Also, is there a charge for laundry service?

thanks and sorry if these are lame questions :)

Daily treats are free, laundry is not (unless you a platinum which gets you 1 bag free) otherwise i believe it is $24.99 a bag

• 4 weeks later...
When I got my luggage tags in the mail, they included a letter with a pre-concierge number and email address. I am not a phone person, so I emailed them, they responded with a two page pdf of various options: pillows, coffee, tea and extra towels. They also stated the concierge could make dining, spa and art gallery reservations and asked that you let them know what time you would be arriving at the pier.

Any chance anyone can upload this pdf of options?

We always phone the pre-cruise concierge desk a couple of weeks before departure, so we can discuss any questions/uncertainties we may have. Our requests include:

-pillow preferences

-clearing out fridge (to make room for our wine!)

-skim milk in fridge

-menus for all the restaurants (don't know if this is something they do anyway)

-extra hand towel

We also let them know we want chocolate croissants delivered every morning (nice to nibble on w/coffee as I wake up) AND first night out, lobster tails delivered to cabin pre-dinner, which we have w/our bottle of champagne, before changing for dinner. [specify the lobster tails be served same night as they serve them in the main dining rooms, so you avoid the crowds and won't be charged extra. It's usually on the menu the first night.]

We think the pre-concierge requests are helpful to NCL, so they can prepare ahead of time for the 'turn around day,' which is always so exhausting for the crew.

Lobster tails? seems strange as we have been in the Haven twice over the past six months and have not been able to find a lobster tail on ANY menu! But maybe because we eat in specialty restaurants mostly? As I was under the impression that they were not being offered anywhere?

Would love to know as we are going again in a few weeks.....once more on the Jewel.

Lobster tails? seems strange as we have been in the Haven twice over the past six months and have not been able to find a lobster tail on ANY menu! But maybe because we eat in specialty restaurants mostly? As I was under the impression that they were not being offered anywhere?

Would love to know as we are going again in a few weeks.....once more on the Jewel.

This experience was likely before the more recent changes. We were on the Jewel at the end of May, and there was no more lobster in the MDR or at the buffet (maybe they brought it back?, but haven't seen word of it yet). We had lobster tail at Le Bistro (in the extra cost Homard Buerre dish) and as an add-on extra cost side at Cagney's.

Robin

I am not in a suit I was trying to post a new question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will answer you, Yes you can purchase the drink, and dining packages prior to embarkation. You will receive a message from NCL .. check your My Vacations regularly for messages from NCL.

That said search CC for the proper thread and you'll find out all you could want to know.:cool:

Happy sailing

Thank you

Your dining package should already be available to purchase. Log into my NCL, find the sailing reservation you are looking for, then click on "Explore & Plan."

You will see that dining is an option tab on the left hand side. Just click on it and you should find it at the top.

Hope this helps,

Cherie

:D

We are very happy that this service is there even if we are not in a Haven suite this time. We did not get a letter, hear about it from our PC, or know from prior service. We found a CC thread that said that the concierge desk had a number, so I called to ask if was just haven guests or was it all suites. I was told ALL full suite guests (meaning no mini suites) were included.

What does pre-cruise concierge service offer?

1. The name of our concierge at sea...Yea we have Monica on the Star next week!

2. Pillow service planned ahead...means no feathers in the room for me when I enter!

3. Beer on ice for my DH when he gets in the room. (not gonna happen otherwise)

4. All of the stuff in the fridge will be taken out so to make room for what I want.

5. The coffee I want will be in the room for the machine will be well stocked.

6. We requested a certain butler....MAXI

So, if you are staying in a suite, you can do this too! Just call 1-855-625-4283. Yup, any suite on any ship! I sooooo love NCL!!:D

What are the choices of the coffee that are offered?

Does that mean Regular, Espresso or Cappucino?

Don

• 1 year later...

You know what's dumb? NCL Concierge "Service" Maybe I am just way too used to DCL's concierge service but I have never heard so many "no's" and "we can't do that." Seriously, I am forking out some extra dough for some extra service. They acted so put out that I had a list of questions...

One example? Their stupid wet bar. We don't drink alcohol. So, I asked them to empty the fridge of alcohol and fill it with water. We even purchased the unlimited beverage plan -rather it was included with the special we got when booking. They have to charge for the water. But, if we wanted unlimited booze, it would all be free. I tried explaining water was infinitely cheaper than alcohol and they certainly don't want my kids drunk. But nope. Unlimited beverages is ONLY alcohol. Not even sodas. Not waters.

UGH. if it weren't for the extra space, I wouldn't even bother with the stupid service in the first place. we did it once before (without the "unlimited drinks") and had the same type of service.

You know what's dumb? NCL Concierge "Service" Maybe I am just way too used to DCL's concierge service but I have never heard so many "no's" and "we can't do that." Seriously, I am forking out some extra dough for some extra service. They acted so put out that I had a list of questions...

One example? Their stupid wet bar. We don't drink alcohol. So, I asked them to empty the fridge of alcohol and fill it with water. We even purchased the unlimited beverage plan -rather it was included with the special we got when booking. They have to charge for the water. But, if we wanted unlimited booze, it would all be free. I tried explaining water was infinitely cheaper than alcohol and they certainly don't want my kids drunk. But nope. Unlimited beverages is ONLY alcohol. Not even sodas. Not waters.

UGH. if it weren't for the extra space, I wouldn't even bother with the stupid service in the first place. we did it once before (without the "unlimited drinks") and had the same type of service.

The Ultimate Beverage Package DOES include Fountain Soda. It just doesn't include canned soda. For water, you can get your own flavored waters in the buffet or ask your Butler to keep a pitcher full in the mini-fridge. :) (This is a very old thread)

The Ultimate Beverage Package DOES include Fountain Soda. It just doesn't include canned soda. For water, you can get your own flavored waters in the buffet or ask your Butler to keep a pitcher full in the mini-fridge. :) (This is a very old thread)

I am aware this is a very old thread. Just proves they have been dumb for a long long time.

It sounds to me like they were not saying no to your request, but rather were making sue that you understood the extra charges up front. As annoying as it is, bottled water, canned soda, and items in the mini-bar are not and never were included as part of the beverage package. Therefore, if you wanted your fridge filled with water or soda, there is an extra cost associated (unless you are in an Owners Suite, Deluxe Owners Suite or Garden Villa). Even the alcohol in the mini fridge is not included. You are incorrect that the beverage package is alcohol only - it includes many items - including fountain sodas - that are nonalcoholic. This is not a problem with the concierge being unhelpful, but a problem with your understanding of what you purchased. I recommend that you go the ncl website and read the terms and conditions of your included perks.

It sounds to me like they were not saying no to your request, but rather were making sue that you understood the extra charges up front. As annoying as it is, bottled water, canned soda, and items in the mini-bar are not and never were included as part of the beverage package. Therefore, if you wanted your fridge filled with water or soda, there is an extra cost associated (unless you are in an Owners Suite, Deluxe Owners Suite or Garden Villa). Even the alcohol in the mini fridge is not included. You are incorrect that the beverage package is alcohol only - it includes many items - including fountain sodas - that are nonalcoholic. This is not a problem with the concierge being unhelpful, but a problem with your understanding of what you purchased. I recommend that you go the ncl website and read the terms and conditions of your included perks.

We are in a Garden Villa. I did read my package. I am repeating what they told me at the concierge call center. They told me the ONLY thing included for our beverage package is alcohol. I repeated it back to her over and over because it was quite different than what I read.

I am repeating what they told me at the concierge call center.

Like you seem to be aware already, the pre-cruise concierge desk is just a department in their call center doing exactly the same as the other call center reps and in addition making notes of requests they can't do.

They are only customer service drones and very different from actual concierges and butlers onboard.

There is a saying here that if you ask something from three different NCL call center reps, you'll usually get three different answers.

Edited by Demonyte

We are in a Garden Villa. I did read my package. I am repeating what they told me at the concierge call center. They told me the ONLY thing included for our beverage package is alcohol. I repeated it back to her over and over because it was quite different than what I read.

It sounds like there was a miscommunication of sorts because items other than alcohol are absolutely included. However, the non-alcoholic items that you are requesting (bottled water and canned soda for the mini fridge) are NOT included.

It looks from your posting history like you are sailing in an H4 suite on the Epic. The H4 is a Family Villa in the Haven, but it is not a "Garden Villa" that would qualify for unlimited soda and water in the suite. On that point, the concierge was correct. (You will, however, get one large bottle of water complimentary in the suite on embarkation.)

I understand the frustration that the items are not included, and I agree that it is a bit mind boggling. But that is the way it has been for a long time, so I don't think they will make an exception for you. You can request to have your suite stocked with these items but it will carry an extra cost.

Garden villa is the H1 suite that has 3 bedrooms and like 5-6000 square feet. It's about 20k+, and includes water, sodas and limousine service. I don't think the epic HAS a GV. H4 does *not* include bottles of alcohol, does include 1 bottle sparkling wine and 1 bottle of water on embarkation. Similarly, UBP doesn't include bottled water, canned soda, or specialty coffees.

We're in an H4 in March.

My mistake. Not a garden villa. I am only spending $10k - so I guess it doesn't add up to enough for water.

Honestly, I really wasn't trying to offend anyone here or start a debate. I am sorry if I have done that. I really am a nice person and rarely get worked up over this kind of stuff. This issue is really not whether or not I have to pay for bottled water. A few extra bottles of water on top of my bill is not going to kill me.

The issue is the lack of service I repeatedly get when calling NCL. Demonyte said it best... I get different answers every time I speak with someone. And, it doesn't matter whether I am calling the main number of the concierge number, I always feel like they are in a rush to get me off the phone and give me the bare minimum of answers. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they are just the same call center.

Today's phone call was no different. The water was only ONE example. Even as a teenager, I was taught to speak with respect, curtesy and patience. When working, if I didn't know the answer to a customer's question, I went and found the answer. And I was paid $3.52 an hour to do it.

It just gets frustrating when I hear - in one phone conversation - "I don't know," "you'll have to ask when you arrive," "look it up in your documents," and "no, we don't do that." It begins to feel like their object isn't to help the customer.

That is WITHOUT adding in the concierge aspect to the call. By definition, concierge is staff who is in charge of special services for a guest. Now, I am not going to have promotions memorized, say the right terminology, or even understand all the things the staff is trying to tell me. But, I don't consider common curtesy or patient answers as "special service" - that should be just regular service.

The thing is, like I mentioned earlier, this has not been my only interaction with online customer care - concierge or otherwise - for NCL. And, they just don't cut it. Honestly, I get better service at my local supermarket - when I am spending $30. Once on board, NCL does a fine job and I have no complaints with their staff (we have sailed concierge with NCL before) But the phone service is almost enough to make me stop using the cruise line all together. Almost.

That's all. No offense meant to NCL diehards. Wishing you all happy cruising.