Pre-Cruise Concierge for all suite guests

Nalagh

Is there an email address for the pre cruise concierge? We just switched to a suite last week

They sometimes give this to your over the phone when you book the suite, otherwise you can call back and ask them for it. It will also be in the welcome packet they send you before your voyage.

We sail on the EPIC in 48 days, can't wait, just hope its a positive suite experience.

I did call NCL to get a couple of bottles of liquor pre-positioned in the suite upon arrival.

I also received our "priority" luggage tags and a welcome letter from NCL (Concierge desk) yesterday.

As far as a welcome aboard booklet, it told me to go online to http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/ncl/welcomeaboard_haven/

We're on the same sailing...need to go check my mail for our luggage tags now LOL

We have a M&G planned with the info over on the roll call thread if you're interested. :)

We're on the same sailing...need to go check my mail for our luggage tags now LOL

We have a M&G planned with the info over on the roll call thread if you're interested. :)

I have a Aft penthouse S6 first week of December and printed my luggage tags from NCL website do i get differant luggage tags in the mail?

I have a Aft penthouse S6 first week of December and printed my luggage tags from NCL website do i get differant luggage tags in the mail?

You should see the pre-printed tags in the mail very soon unless you booked through a TA... in that case the tags will go to them and then the TA is supposed to get them to you.

Either tags will work...

You should see the pre-printed tags in the mail very soon unless you booked through a TA... in that case the tags will go to them and then the TA is supposed to get them to you.

Either tags will work...

Thanks for the quick responce.

Sailed on the 10/6. None of the pre cruise concierge requests were taken care of. Someone dropped the ball. Once on board everything was quickly taken care of.

Ruth and her assistant Elvina were very good. They were able to make reservations throughout the cruise for us.

The S6 cabin was the highlight of the cruise for me. Too bad it is so far from the Haven.

Our last cruise I requested a few things to be ready before the cruise (fridge cleaned out, coffees stocked-no tea required, a bowl of M&Ms (can't hurt to ask)), though I sent it in by e-mail. When we got onboard none of the items had been taken care of when we first got to the cabin, but the butler had the list and took care of it all very quickly. I love the Suite life!!

• 1 month later...

I am just going to give my opinion and if anyone feels differently, so be it, I respect theirs. But... I think the pre-cruise concierge thing is kind of silly. All of those things can be asked for on day one. They need to get the existing pax OFF before the new PAX get on. Those things take time. Besides, it has never made sense to me that so many of tge things requested are actually duties of the BUTLER not the CONCIERGE.

Off my chest now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I am just going to give my opinion and if anyone feels differently, so be it, I respect theirs. But... I think the pre-cruise concierge thing is kind of silly. All of those things can be asked for on day one. They need to get the existing pax OFF before the new PAX get on. Those things take time. Besides, it has never made sense to me that so many of tge things requested are actually duties of the BUTLER not the CONCIERGE.

Off my chest now.

Normally I'd agree, and in the past have just waited till we meet our butler and then made our request. However, on a recent cruise the butler didn't come by until almost the muster (not normal I'll admit), and by then our request to change out down pillows for non due to allergies, and requested some other pillows couldn't be accomplished (at least the first day). So, in the future I will be using the pre-cruise concierge for some items.

We just came back from POA 12/7. I requested memory foam pillows and feather (and was told by pre-cruise concierge that feather pillows are already in the room), an egg crate mattress for the bed in 2nd bedroom, fridge cleaned out and bucket of bud light on ice. We got memory foam pillows but that was it. No big deal as far as beer and fridge goes because butler took care of that right away but no one could seem to understand what I meant by egg crate...I tried saying "foam mattress, mattress topper," etc...and was told for 3 days straight "oh yes ...it will be on the bed tonight"....but it wasn't until 4th night we received it :-(. That pull out couch was extremely uncomfortable without it. I don't really see why they tell you to contact pre-cruise concierge if they can't fulfill requests.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Forums mobile app

Off my chest now.

I personally agree and think you worded it perfectly. Everything we needed we received within minutes of asking. I think to ask in advance in cases of allergies etc is perfectly understandable but I don't see what the big deal is in having to ask once on board for things such as an crate topper...as you said just my opinion and I respect others as well.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I personally agree and think you worded it perfectly. Everything we needed we received within minutes of asking. I think to ask in advance in cases of allergies etc is perfectly understandable but I don't see what the big deal is in having to ask once on board for things such as an crate topper...as you said just my opinion and I respect others as well.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I really only cared about the eggcrate topper because I heard they go quickly. It is a "perk " of being in a suite so why not be able to put the request in before others?? Our butler was pretty much non-existant on this cruise so we couldn't rely on him for anything.

I really only cared about the eggcrate topper because I heard they go quickly. It is a "perk " of being in a suite so why not be able to put the request in before others?? Our butler was pretty much non-existant on this cruise so we couldn't rely on him for anything.

Butlers tend to be busy. If you don't see him/her when they deliver your daily goodies you can always call him for whatever else you want/need.....that's why they leave their phone numbers in your room.

Eggcrates - When I've stayed in a suite and when I have not.....I've always had them mark my reservation with a note that I wanted one on my bed when I made my reservation......and they've always had one on the bed for me when I got to my room.

Harriet

I called yesterday and requested egg crate topper for 2nd bedroom & refrigerator cleaned out. Since I ordered bar set-up I requested mixers and ice. She said that would be taken care of onboard. I also asked if I could reserve 2 spa passes and she said she would forward that to the concierge who would take care of that when we checked in.

We will see if it is done. If not, it will be OK. I am happy either way.

Life is good!:)

Butlers tend to be busy. If you don't see him/her when they deliver your daily goodies you can always call him for whatever else you want/need.....that's why they leave their phone numbers in your room.

Eggcrates - When I've stayed in a suite and when I have not.....I've always had them mark my reservation with a note that I wanted one on my bed when I made my reservation......and they've always had one on the bed for me when I got to my room.

Harriet

I understand how butlers work...we asked ours SEVERAL times (as well as room steward and even head of housekeeping). None of them seemed to have any idea what we were talking about !! I'm glad your mattress topper has always been there for you. We had a not-so-sweet suite experience this time around. I am one of NCL's biggest fans but felt let down this time. It doesn't really matter to me about requesting things ahead of time but did it since it was offered. I would have been fine with requesting egg crate on first day if I ever got it !!! To have to ask for 3 days in a row in a suite is a bit ridiculous.

I understand how butlers work...we asked ours SEVERAL times (as well as room steward and even head of housekeeping). None of them seemed to have any idea what we were talking about !! I'm glad your mattress topper has always been there for you. We had a not-so-sweet suite experience this time around. I am one of NCL's biggest fans but felt let down this time. It doesn't really matter to me about requesting things ahead of time but did it since it was offered. I would have been fine with requesting egg crate on first day if I ever got it !!! To have to ask for 3 days in a row in a suite is a bit ridiculous.

I agree. If it wasn't done and you asked about it that day or the next day......it SHOULD have been taken care of!

Harriet

I agree. If it wasn't done and you asked about it that day or the next day......it SHOULD have been taken care of!

Harriet

It was taken care of on the 4 th day. I did ask the butler everyday (usually by phone since we rarely saw him ).

I agree! Did you contact the Hotel Director? I think I would have thrown a hissy fit. :mad: That certainly wasn't asking for anything beyond the norm. Sheesh.........:confused:

Sorry to say this but since you didn't escalate the issue, it was not NCL that let you down but those individuals only. Had you contacted the HD (or even just Concierge, they too are very interested about how suite guests are treated) and expressed your problem, it'd have taken care of - we have never had a problem onboard that couldn't been fixed with a call to HD. If contacting HD fails too, then one might say that NCL has failed.

I'm definitely not high maintenance and I always give the crew reasonable amount of time to act on any requests but on bed-related things the reasonable time is capped to the timeframe before somebody actually using the bed in question, if things can't be arranged before that, then it's time to escalate.

Sorry to say this but since you didn't escalate the issue, it was not NCL that let you down but those individuals only. Had you contacted the HD (or even just Concierge, they too are very interested about how suite guests are treated) and expressed your problem, it'd have taken care of - we have never had a problem onboard that couldn't been fixed with a call to HD. If contacting HD fails too, then one might say that NCL has failed.

I'm definitely not high maintenance and I always give the crew reasonable amount of time to act on any requests but on bed-related things the reasonable time is capped to the timeframe before somebody actually using the bed in question, if things can't be arranged before that, then it's time to escalate.

I agree with you. HD gave me his card at our last M&G. Our service was so good I didn't need to call him, but I certainly would have. They encourage it.