Pre-Cruise Concierge for all suite guests

Nalagh

So you can't request a specific one.....good to know! I'll just be happy to get one before they're all gone!! Thanks!!!

You can always try to ask if the concierge can have their say to the assignments, but as said, there is no method of booking a specific one. :)

You can always try to ask if the concierge can have their say to the assignments, but as said, there is no method of booking a specific one. :)

That's a great idea! But again...I'll be happy just to get one!!:eek: Thanks for the advice!!!

I couldn't keep that secret for that long from my husband ... what a wonderful surprise tho. We have our first Aft Penthouse on the Pearl in May 2014 and can't wait. Our first suite ever!!!

When I found the great rates, I immediately told my husband and he told me to upgrade so we did.

I too have the AFT Penthouse suite and it's a secret from my husband. It's our first paid suite, but we actually had a suite in Hawaii too. But we got extra lucky with that. We booked 2.5 years out for Hawaii and we booked the AFT 2 bedroom family cabin. When we booked it was "just a regular cabin" but 3 months before sailing NCL changed the status of this cabin and it became a suite and came with all the suite perks!! YEEEHAAA It was the best! And I am so glad I came across this thread which began years ago. Such a treasure! Our new suite cruise is in January 2014!

But over all it is possible for you to ask them to stock the minibar with sodas that you like, just remember that unless you are in higher suites, you pay normal price ($2.25+15% IIRC) for each can consumed - same goes with the bottled water after the one that is complimentary in all suites.

Wow they go all out for suites, hunh? a single bottle of water, eh? J/k....for those of you who might be inclined to harass me for such a comment.;):p

AFAIK you can't book a specific cabana as they are assigned automatically in the order of booking, some have said here that they start from the middle cabanas and move outwards to both ends.

On our last NCL cruise I forgot to make a specific cabana request with the pre cruise concierge.

When I arrived on board I asked the concierge to see if she could arrange a specific cabana.

She could not because the tickets for the cabanas are printed and placed in the cabins before arrival on board.

She did mention that I should remember to make the request in advance next time with the pre cruise concierge.

Got our priority luggage tags this week and a letter informing us about the pre-concierge ability with the website link and phone number we can call. I wasn't expecting that as so many said they were never informed :D

We received ours in today's mail. I am unsure as to what to even ask for. So excited!!

I'm sailing in 19 days and we didn't get anything about the pre-conceirge either. Are you in the GV as opposed to the DOS that we are in? I am actually going to call tomorrow (someone posted the # for me) to see if we can get a rollaway.

We are sailing August 31 on the Gem, and we received the Pre Cruise Concierge letter, and luggage tags today

Got our priority luggage tags this week and a letter informing us about the pre-concierge ability with the website link and phone number we can call. I wasn't expecting that as so many said they were never informed :D

They have a website now?

I wasn't informed for my 9/8/13 Breakaway Cruise I called my self and prebooked my shows and ordered pillows I wanted and extra towels and coffee as well

Suzanne

The procedure from NCL, is to send a letter with the luggage tags advising you of the concierge desk. The letter has a phone number and email address to reach the desk.

Cherie

The procedure from NCL, is to send a letter with the luggage tags advising you of the concierge desk. The letter has a phone number and email address to reach the desk.

Cherie

Yes but I never received it so I just called and got everything done

Suzanne

I had a lovely experience with the pre-concierge desk yesterday. I was calling from abroad with a poor connection, and it is less than one week until we sail (yay!!!), so the concierge took all of my requests by phone and was just as pleasant as can be. We did not receive any info by mail, but I knew I would find the info here on these board, thank you CC!

We did not receive any info by mail, but I knew I would find the info here on these board, thank you CC!

They don't mail anything outside US or Canada.

We have never received any suite related mail from NCL but when our address was mistakenly changed to our friends Canadian address in NCL's records a while ago (our next year's GV booking is in their name and either their TA or NCL messed up our info in the process), they received our suite welcome pack for our cruise this Friday - that's the first time NCL has ever mailed "us" anything. :D

Edited by Demonyte

Just called the pre-concierge and didn't really know what to expect. Informed Darius that I was a first time cruiser and wasn't sure what to request. I was informed that an email would come in the next 24-48 hours with various requests I could make. Very friendly and sweet but I had the assumption all this would be done on the phone call? Maybe because I wasn't sure what I could request, it was felt it would be easier via email? I did ask about soda/water (bringing it onboard) and confirmed it was ok (put in a bag OR you can have your suite number put right on it for the porters). Also said I can do the same with diapers (put room number right on the box). Guess I will fill out my form when I get it and know then what to expect :)

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone else having issues getting the e-mail once you make the initial phone call to the Concierge Desk? We have now called 3 times, and each time we are told the letter will be arriving via e-mail. It has now been 10 days since our original call to the Concierge Desk and it still has not arrived.

Obviously there is no request that can't be dealt with on board, but I have to say I am a little disappointed thus far.

Because of the time difference (and the unnecessary cost of calling overseas) what I did was to originally send them an email and within days got everything sorted out, never had a problem with them.

Also all our extra requests (like lactose free milk and our preferences for snacks) were relayed to our butler even though they say that they can't guarantee it.

Edited by Demonyte

Not sure much was accomplished by calling ahead.

1. Don't understand the advantage of knowing the concierge's name before you arrive.

2. Feather pillows banned? I guess that is good if you have allergys.

3. Stopping at one of the numerous bars to grab a beer is too much trouble?

4. Refrigerator emptied? That is really an issue? Fridges are so small not much fits in them anyway.

Promises on the phone are easy to make. Having those promises fulfilled is a different story.

We have always had our requests fulfilled, of course they aren't ridiculous requests, in fact they pretty much align with Nalagh's.

1. In our travels we have had wonderful concierges and ok concierges, knowing that we will have one of our favorites adds to the excitement of the anticipation of the cruise.

2. I need extra feather pillows and my husband need hypoallergenic.

3. We enjoy sitting on our balcony for sailaway, and having my wine and DH

beer already there makes it much more relaxing than fighting the crowds for drinks to have to then take back to our suite.

4. You can fit way more that you think in those fridges.

I had Darius too, very nice man, and we got everything we asked for.

Bottomline - it's a great program and I hope that it continues.

Because of the time difference (and the unnecessary cost of calling overseas) what I did was to originally send them an email and within days got everything sorted out, never had a problem with them.

Also all our extra requests (like lactose free milk and our preferences for snacks) were relayed to our butler even though they say that they can't guarantee it.

I took your advice and e-mailed them this morning. So far no response, but I will give it a day or two.

Our requests are minimal - as long there is a nice robe in the room for me, and ample coffee with creamer, we will be very happy!!

I took your advice and e-mailed them this morning. So far no response, but I will give it a day or two.

Our requests are minimal - as long there is a nice robe in the room for me, and ample coffee with creamer, we will be very happy!!

You can request to make your selections over the phone. I have never used the email. Ask for Gretchen, she is bar far the best! ;)

Email them and got my letter back With choices of pillows etc. etc. Are their choices of snacks we can choose also?

If you call you can add desired snacks in your comment section for the concierge. It will not be guaranteed, and of course subject to availability. Our snack requests for the most part have been fulfilled. There is not a list per-say but we always request orange juice, cheese, and canapés along with what we purchase from the gifts selection for sail away parties. Some things that are not available through the gift selection we request and are charged to our on-board account like caviar.

Hope this helps, and happy planning!

If you call you can add desired snacks in your comment section for the concierge. It will not be guaranteed, and of course subject to availability. Our snack requests for the most part have been fulfilled. There is not a list per-say but we always request orange juice, cheese, and canapés along with what we purchase from the gifts selection for sail away parties. Some things that are not available through the gift selection we request and are charged to our on-board account like caviar.

Hope this helps, and happy planning!

Thank you. I have/had no idea what types of snacks were even available