Pre-Cruise Concierge for all suite guests

Nalagh

Called prior to our cruise on theDawn Oct-Nov Cruise- none of my little requests were taken care of, no big deal, Butler and Room Attendant took care of them ASAP.

The Conciergne on the Dawn at that time was Virginia (very good service and nice lady).

Our Butler was Lazarro (second time with him) he is a very dedicated employee and his service was the best.

We were in an AFT Penthouse.

;)

Darius Rhodes | Concierge Desk

1.855.625.4283 | Ext 7511

Ddrhodes@ncl.com

I emailed the NorwegianConciergeDesk@ncl.com address that they put in the suites welcome letter. Got back an email with an attached PDF from Darius. Looks like a rather standard one with my reservation details plugged into it.

Looks like the Bon Voyage items need to be ordered through the standard channels.

• 3 weeks later...

I love this thread!

We are sailing on the Dawn on January 20 in the Owner's Suite

I called last week and spoke to Adrienne about setting up some things for us.

Picked our pillows, extra towels, requested a bucket of beer for DH (thanks for that suggestion OP!), requested the type of mixers for the fridge and requested some items for a sailaway party we are throwing in our cabin.

We were able to purchase wine for this (was a Bon Voyage purchase) but was able to make this purchase through Adrienne.

I have a feeling she was new though as she had to put me on hold a few times to ask someone for an answer to my questions.

Called back yesterday and spoke to Darius to pre-book Teppanyaki.

We'll see how it goes for doing this all ahead of time. I know last year on the Star, my mom did a small sailaway party in the Owner's Suite and our Butler, Lucky, took great care of us and my mom's requests.

:D

We are very happy that this service is there even if we are not in a Haven suite this time. We did not get a letter, hear about it from our PC, or know from prior service. We found a CC thread that said that the concierge desk had a number, so I called to ask if was just haven guests or was it all suites. I was told ALL full suite guests (meaning no mini suites) were included.

What does pre-cruise concierge service offer?

1. The name of our concierge at sea...Yea we have Monica on the Star next week!

2. Pillow service planned ahead...means no feathers in the room for me when I enter!

3. Beer on ice for my DH when he gets in the room. (not gonna happen otherwise)

4. All of the stuff in the fridge will be taken out so to make room for what I want.

5. The coffee I want will be in the room for the machine will be well stocked.

6. We requested a certain butler....MAXI

So, if you are staying in a suite, you can do this too! Just call 1-855-625-4283. Yup, any suite on any ship! I sooooo love NCL!!:D

Thank you for posting. I don't have any special requests other than we don't drink liquor so asked my PCC a couple of weeks ago if we could switch the liqiour out for 3 bottles of wine, this was not an issue but then again I chose 3 bottles of their Beringer White Zinfandel which is cheap. I believe you are in DOS 17030 on the Epic this coming week. I am booked now in 17030 for the Mar 9th cruising.

Edited by dlynn0366

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
OK, I've got it, they really didn't make a reservation. I called an they said it would have to be done after we reach the ship. And the concierge does not do the reservations for Chef's Table, it is handled by the same group that does all the reservations for the ship, the concierge just calls them to help suite guests. I'm sure that if you ask the concierge at VIP check in, he/she can help.

What is the Chef's table?

What is the Chef's table?

The Chef's table is a special dinner usually with a tour of the kitchen pre-dinner while the kitchen staff is working. On another cruise line it included hor'deoves with champagne in the kitchen. There were some extra gifts to us and a picture of the group. It costs $89.

Norine

The Chef's table is a special dinner usually with a tour of the kitchen pre-dinner while the kitchen staff is working. On another cruise line it included hor'deoves with champagne in the kitchen. There were some extra gifts to us and a picture of the group. It costs $89.

Norine

This is the first time that I have heard of a "tour of the kitchen pre-dinner while the kitchen staff is working". My Chef's Table included a tour of the kitchen and food storage/prep areas the following day. I would have enjoyed a pre-dinner tour like yours did. Other than the dinner itself and the photo gift, I think anything extra is at the discretion of the head chef and should not be expected.

• 3 months later...
:D

We are very happy that this service is there even if we are not in a Haven suite this time. We did not get a letter, hear about it from our PC, or know from prior service. We found a CC thread that said that the concierge desk had a number, so I called to ask if was just haven guests or was it all suites. I was told ALL full suite guests (meaning no mini suites) were included.

What does pre-cruise concierge service offer?

1. The name of our concierge at sea...Yea we have Monica on the Star next week!

2. Pillow service planned ahead...means no feathers in the room for me when I enter!

3. Beer on ice for my DH when he gets in the room. (not gonna happen otherwise)

4. All of the stuff in the fridge will be taken out so to make room for what I want.

5. The coffee I want will be in the room for the machine will be well stocked.

6. We requested a certain butler....MAXI

So, if you are staying in a suite, you can do this too! Just call 1-855-625-4283. Yup, any suite on any ship! I sooooo love NCL!!:D

Thanks for the info. I will use the number when it gets closer to my cruise.

Not sure much was accomplished by calling ahead.

1. Don't understand the advantage of knowing the concierge's name before you arrive.

2. Feather pillows banned? I guess that is good if you have allergys.

3. Stopping at one of the numerous bars to grab a beer is too much trouble?

4. Refrigerator emptied? That is really an issue? Fridges are so small not much fits in them anyway.

5. I have always had ample supplies and varieties everytime I have a suite. Never had to ask.

6. Highly doubtful you will get any other butler than what is assigned for that week. They rotate on a regular basis, and generally have blocks of rooms to make things easier for them and you.

Promises on the phone are easy to make. Having those promises fulfilled is a different story.

SOURPUSS!!!:p

We're in an Aft Penthouse Suite on Pearl in Dec. It's our 1st suite and this thread has been a great help! THANKS!! BTW my wife doesn't know about the suite yet so shhhhh.

I couldn't keep that secret for that long from my husband ... what a wonderful surprise tho. We have our first Aft Penthouse on the Pearl in May 2014 and can't wait. Our first suite ever!!!

When I found the great rates, I immediately told my husband and he told me to upgrade so we did.

With special requests, do you thing there would be any chance of getting diet caffeine free pepsi or coke in the suite? Like a six pack? Hate to go to the store in between the airport and the hotel and no store within walking distance. I just do water and I am sure there would be bottled water in the cabin, but my husband prefers diet caffeine free colas.

With special requests, do you thing there would be any chance of getting diet caffeine free pepsi or coke in the suite? Like a six pack? Hate to go to the store in between the airport and the hotel and no store within walking distance. I just do water and I am sure there would be bottled water in the cabin, but my husband prefers diet caffeine free colas.

NCL carries Pepsi products, so no Coke onboard unless you bring your own.

Also there is normal diet but I haven't seen caffeine free varieties (normal or diet), granted that I'm not target audience and have never asked. But still I don't think that there are more varieties available than normal Pepsi and diet Pepsi.

But over all it is possible for you to ask them to stock the minibar with sodas that you like, just remember that unless you are in higher suites, you pay normal price ($2.25+15% IIRC) for each can consumed - same goes with the bottled water after the one that is complimentary in all suites.

NCL carries Pepsi products, so no Coke onboard unless you bring your own.

Also there is normal diet but I haven't seen caffeine free varieties (normal or diet), granted that I'm not target audience and have never asked. But still I don't think that there are more varieties available than normal Pepsi and diet Pepsi.

But over all it is possible for you to ask them to stock the minibar with sodas that you like, just remember that unless you are in higher suites, you pay normal price ($2.25+15% IIRC) for each can consumed - same goes with the bottled water after the one that is complimentary in all suites.

Thanks, good to know. We are in one of the AFT Penthouse Suites, not the haven. So will be pay for the sodas and water? Not a problem, just curious. This is our first time ever in a cruise, so a bit of a learning curve to say the least. :D

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/freestyle-accommodations/suites-and-penthouses

found this ... since it is listed as an amenity, does this mean it is no charge?

Edited by MilliesMom

Thanks, good to know. We are in one of the AFT Penthouse Suites, not the haven. So will be pay for the sodas and water? Not a problem, just curious. This is our first time ever in a cruise, so a bit of a learning curve to say the least. :D

Yes, none of the beverages are free in those suites - besides the one large bottle of water and one bottle of sparkling wine that will be waiting for you when you arrive to the cabin.

Don't worry about stupid questions - only stupid questions are the ones not asked. I wish that I would have had time to do proper research before our first cruise in a suite (our first cruise ever) so that I'd had known exactly what to expect and what not. :)

Yes, none of the beverages are free in those suites - besides the one large bottle of water and one bottle of sparkling wine that will be waiting for you when you arrive to the cabin.

Don't worry about stupid questions - only stupid questions are the ones not asked. I wish that I would have had time to do proper research before our first cruise in a suite (our first cruise ever) so that I'd had known exactly what to expect and what not. :)

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/freestyle-accommodations/suites-and-penthouses

Eats, Treats and Libations

• Champagne, custom selection of liquor, fruit, bottled water and sodas
  • Sparkling wine, bottled water and fruit on Embarkation Day
  • Mini-bar and espresso/cappuccino machine
  • 24-hour Room Service
  • Special Suite menus
  • Treats delivered right to your door each night

Not a problem if we have to pay for them. My husband is the only pop drinker. I just drink water, so we joke that I'm a cheap date. We will probably get him some type of soda card if offered. Neither of us are big drinkers, so overall our costs are minimal. Because of early booking, etc., we have a great on-board credit already so plan to take advantage of the specialty restaurants etc while on board.

Not sure much was accomplished by calling ahead.

1. Don't understand the advantage of knowing the concierge's name before you arrive.

2. Feather pillows banned? I guess that is good if you have allergys.

3. Stopping at one of the numerous bars to grab a beer is too much trouble?

4. Refrigerator emptied? That is really an issue? Fridges are so small not much fits in them anyway.

5. I have always had ample supplies and varieties everytime I have a suite. Never had to ask.

6. Highly doubtful you will get any other butler than what is assigned for that week. They rotate on a regular basis, and generally have blocks of rooms to make things easier for them and you.

Promises on the phone are easy to make. Having those promises fulfilled is a different story.

A totally different story. The lovely person who took our requests for our first ever suite was a wonderful pre-cruise experience. However nothing we talked about was done. I did take the e-mail confirmation with us. When our Butler "K" came by to introduce himself I showed him the e-mail. He took this and all items were done. I don't know much about wine but we changed from booze to wine and he was great and had some wonderful suggestions. Next time I will try again when we go on NCL, but HINT bring the confirmation. Still loved this line :D

I couldn't keep that secret for that long from my husband ... what a wonderful surprise tho. We have our first Aft Penthouse on the Pearl in May 2014 and can't wait. Our first suite ever!!!

When I found the great rates, I immediately told my husband and he told me to upgrade so we did.

I'll have to let her know before we sail. She has choices to make! :D

We're in an Aft Penthouse Suite on Pearl in Dec. It's our 1st suite and this thread has been a great help! THANKS!! BTW my wife doesn't know about the suite yet so shhhhh.

I am in the same boat for our Dawn repo cruise in April. Not only does the wife not know about the suite, she still doesn't know about the cruise :eek:

I booked it in December and plan on giving it to her for Xmas. My goal is for her to not know about the suite until we get on the ship. :D

I am in the same boat for our Dawn repo cruise in April. Not only does the wife not know about the suite, she still doesn't know about the cruise :eek:

I booked it in December and plan on giving it to her for Xmas. My goal is for her to not know about the suite until we get on the ship. :D

What a wonderful Christmas present!!!!