Pre-Cruise Concierge for all suite guests

Nalagh

Sadly disappointed with the service from the pre concierge group. Sent in all of my requests, pretty minimal, and asked for a different choice of vodka. They now want a $100 up charge for a couple of bottles that would normally cost about 2-3 dollars more. After the cost of a DOS, you would think a minimal change would be ok. I would understand if I asked for some superior booze. First time I felt let down. So many on here have mentioned that they were able to change all of the requested booze to something else, seems like they are now looking at this as another profit center.

Maybe you could request this when you get on the Star. Sean and Monica have always been accommodating, and do not let the little stuff get in the way. I think the price of $100 to upgrade 3 bottles is unreasonable especially in a DOS. Best of luck to you!

Cherie

Maybe you could request this when you get on the Star. Sean and Monica have always been accommodating, and do not let the little stuff get in the way. I think the price of $100 to upgrade 3 bottles is unreasonable especially in a DOS. Best of luck to you!

Cherie

No, I won't bother after I get there. Like I said, if I was asking for a fancy cognac or Crown Royal, I would expect an up charge, but for some cheap Vodka, not so much. If it's what they want to do, so be it. We were in the process of booking our next DOS and have changed that and will for the first time give another cruise line a chance. For us, loyalty is a two way street. For the money a DOS cost these days there are options with other lines.

I've always been one of those that have supported NCL almost 100%, but this one really hit a nerve, there are dozens of posts recently of folks that have had their booze upgraded significantly without charge. Oh well, that's life.

Edited by rvsullivan

Gave them a call on Friday and received their email pretty quickly. I'm still working on my "wish" list and hope to return it by tomorrow. I spoke with Adrian, who was very helpful, and is still working on a very special request for my DWs comfort.

[ATTACH]251428[/ATTACH]

I hope they are able to facilitate your special request. Keep us posted.

Cherie

No, I won't bother after I get there. Like I said, if I was asking for a fancy cognac or Crown Royal, I would expect an up charge, but for some cheap Vodka, not so much. If it's what they want to do, so be it. We were in the process of booking our next DOS and have changed that and will for the first time give another cruise line a chance. For us, loyalty is a two way street. For the money a DOS cost these days there are options with other lines.

I've always been one of those that have supported NCL almost 100%, but this one really hit a nerve, there are dozens of posts recently of folks that have had their booze upgraded significantly without charge. Oh well, that's life.

You should wait and ask your butler for the brand you want , he after all is the one that will be trying to please you . This past March we were in the OS . I requested Wild Turkey (bourbon) instead of Jim Beam and Goose instead of (whatever the vodka was) . He made it happen , no charge.

Bother , its your vacation ;)

You should wait and ask your butler for the brand you want , he after all is the one that will be trying to please you . This past March we were in the OS . I requested Wild Turkey (bourbon) instead of Jim Beam and Goose instead of (whatever the vodka was) . He made it happen , no charge.

I agree. Sometimes I wisk we had a like button. :)

The choices in coffee is strength rather than flavor. I enjoy the purple top coffee, I could not even tell you what it is named after all my NCL cruises...LOL. It is a strong coffee and I love being able to brew a fresh cup when I want in my cabin. The creamers and provided, but basic. If you want someyhing flavored, it would be best to bring it with you.

I am sorry that I could not be of more help. I just order the purple ones:o.

Cherie

The purple ones are Espresso Delicato. There are others that are stronger. I'm going to order the Delicato as well as the Espresso Tierra! and Caffe Crema Dolce. YUM!!!

I'll agree with this. All the folks who have reported success have made their special requests on board. The pre-cruise concierge concept is still relatively new and the folks handling requests are likely not equipped to make exceptions. Your butler, however, will know how (and be motivated to) get whatever approvals are required on board to make it happen. Good luck & I hope you enjoy your upcoming cruise!

Edited by puddles99
Clarity

• 1 month later...
THANKS!! just called to have 2 blankets on the bed instead of one large one since im sharing the bed with a friend :) and fridge emptied asside from diet coke easier to be annoying on the phone :D

Blankets! That is a wonderful idea as I'm always freezing

We had Maxi during Thanksgiving! Loved him, he brought chocolate milk for my kids in our fridge everyday, he was so sweet!

Yes, he is the best! We are sailing on the Epic in Jan. for him instead of the Gem 9 day because we want him!

Cherie

I called the number listed, the person i spoke to sent me an email with a list of perks to choose from. We sail on Dec 9th on the Jewel and I just emailed them my request list. It is fairly significant with Liquor, soda, water, tea, coffee, pillow selections, plus a few personal requests so I will let you all know how they handle it once we get there. YIPPEE. Getting excited.

On the Jewel Now, in the Garden Villa. I must say that every single request submitted to the pre cruise concierge was in fact honored and in our suite upon arrival. I was very impressed. We even asked for a large cooler of ice to be left in the room in addition to the small ice buckets and it is here full of ice all the time. Excellent service.

You are so lucky! Our girls loved him, and he was always so nice to them.

:D We can not wait to see him! I already asked if he could have a bit of time off to go to Cirque dreams with us. I offered to pay for him for the 9 pm show and offered to tip whomever backed him up. I hope they let this happen as I am sure he has not been able to see the show. Maxi had dinner with us on the Star, cause Monica the concierge rocks!

Nalagh, thanks for the info and phone number. I appreciate it.;)

You are most welcome. :)

On the Jewel Now, in the Garden Villa. I must say that every single request submitted to the pre cruise concierge was in fact honored and in our suite upon arrival. I was very impressed. We even asked for a large cooler of ice to be left in the room in addition to the small ice buckets and it is here full of ice all the time. Excellent service.

Enjoy the GV! Yes, the Concierge desk is wonderful and I am so happy to hear that all of your requests were filled!

Cherie

Unfortunately this didn't work for me - I called the pre-cruise concierge about 10 days before our trip on the Gem on 11/25, just to ask for the fridge to be cleaned out, and requested some specific pillows. None of it happened, but we asked our fabulous steward Gigi once we'd gotten settled, and she took care of it all. Not sure if the request just didn't make it to the boat or what?

Unfortunately this didn't work for me - I called the pre-cruise concierge about 10 days before our trip on the Gem on 11/25' date=' just to ask for the fridge to be cleaned out, and requested some specific pillows. None of it happened, but we asked our fabulous steward Gigi once we'd gotten settled, and she took care of it all. Not sure if the request just didn't make it to the boat or what?[/quote']

us to - nothing I requested was there --- waste of time, but our butler took care of it all

I was getting ready to place an Bon Voyage order for our cruise in January. Staying in a Penthouse. Would I be better arranging this through the concierge?

Also, I haven't seen anything asking about pillow choices, coffees, etc. I am about 40 days out, so not sure if this is something they do closer to sailing? :confused:

I was getting ready to place an Bon Voyage order for our cruise in January. Staying in a Penthouse. Would I be better arranging this through the concierge?

Also, I haven't seen anything asking about pillow choices, coffees, etc. I am about 40 days out, so not sure if this is something they do closer to sailing? :confused:

;)

Darius Rhodes | Concierge Desk

1.855.625.4283 | Ext 7511

Ddrhodes@ncl.com

Hi everyone great posts. I was wondering about the suite life on the POA havn't read anything about them. Staying in a two bedroom deluxe family next year.

You have the same amenities as the other ships. The only difference that instead of having breakfast in Cagney's, you have breakfast in the Lazy J, POA's steakhouse.

Aloha

After reading this thread, I called to have a few things taken care of 2 weeks before we left on the Gem Dec. 4th out of NYC. I asked:

No feather pillows, I am allergic

Mini Bar emptied

A bucket of beer in the cabin on arrival

On arrival non of them had been accomplished and we chalked it up to being to close to departure for requests and let it go. Our cabin attendant, Sheila, was a sweetheart and introduced herself and said, we took out the feather pillows for you. So someone received the message.

This is not a complaint, just information. Our butler Rodney and our Concierge Ryan were awesome and could not do enough for us, I felt guilty we did not use them more.

Lynda

On our cruise (during Sandy from NYC on Jewel), requests around our allergies were taken care of, but nothing else. Seemed a bit strange, honestly, that they got the message about not killing kiddo or DH, but didn't take care of anything else on the list. I put it down to "HURRICANE HITTING NYC!1!!!" and just reiterated the requests when we saw the butler and steward.

First off I am very excited to be posting because I just upgraded my balcony to a suite on the Dawn!!!!!!! First time in a suite and I cannot wait! Does anyone know who the butler and concierge are on the Dawn now? I have no idea who is better than who, because I wouldn't really check the threads re: suite life. Now it's fun to be able to look at them all :D