Pre-Cruise Concierge for all suite guests

Nalagh

When I called the shoreside concierge to reserve the Chef's Table, the person I spoke to said she would put my name on the "list" that would be provided to the ship concierge.

The ship concierge has the final determination about who fills the limited number of seats if more sign up than are available.

As far as cost, I presume that after I board, the ship concierge will inform me if I made the cut and will charge me if I do.

OK, I've got it, they really didn't make a reservation. I called an they said it would have to be done after we reach the ship. And the concierge does not do the reservations for Chef's Table, it is handled by the same group that does all the reservations for the ship, the concierge just calls them to help suite guests. I'm sure that if you ask the concierge at VIP check in, he/she can help.

Please keep in mind that these are all requests, not promises. It would be nice for my requests to be filled, but at the same time they are all things that taken care of after embarckation.

Cherie

FYI... Off the Star last week and the concierge was Patrick. I know Monica was on the Star earlier this year and maybe she is coming back after a break but Patrick has been listed as concierge for the past month or so.

Monica came back from vacation today 8/19/12

Hi everyone, we have had Monica twice, most recently on the Epic and we love her. I have never used the pre cruise concierge before but I did call today, we are sailing on Dec 9th on the Jewel and I found Darius very helpfull. He has told me that our concierge will be Ruth. I am not familiar with her so if anyone knows her I would love to hear any reviews. Also Daruis promised to email me a complete list of perks that I can pre arrange as a suite guest and also a list specific to our suite. such as liquor selections. He also explained that dinner reservations can be made prior to sailing but only within 55 days of the cruise date.

Hi everyone, we have had Monica twice, most recently on the Epic and we love her. I have never used the pre cruise concierge before but I did call today, we are sailing on Dec 9th on the Jewel and I found Darius very helpfull. He has told me that our concierge will be Ruth. I am not familiar with her so if anyone knows her I would love to hear any reviews. Also Daruis promised to email me a complete list of perks that I can pre arrange as a suite guest and also a list specific to our suite. such as liquor selections. He also explained that dinner reservations can be made prior to sailing but only within 55 days of the cruise date.

:D I love NCL's service!

I am curious about the 55 days out though. I know on the Epic some are 120 and 90, but on other ships the booking started 45 days out:confused:. It is the first time I have heard of 55.

Cherie

:D Awesome to know! Chef's table pre reservation just uped the pre-concierge value tons! Thanks so much for letting me know! We will not do it this trip, as we just went to it in May on the Star, but for my January Gem trip absolutly!!!

How was the Chefs table dinner? Is it worth the money ?

How was the Chefs table dinner? Is it worth the money ?

We loved the Chef's table! I tried everything(not like me at all). So many new culinary experiences for me at the same sitting. The wine was outstanding, not to mention plentiful!

I think it was worth evey dime. We are hoping to do it in January on the Gem.

Cherie

We loved the Chef's table! I tried everything(not like me at all). So many new culinary experiences for me at the same sitting. The wine was outstanding, not to mention plentiful!

I think it was worth evey dime. We are hoping to do it in January on the Gem.

Cherie

I am thinking about trying it on the Star in September skipped it on the Star in June

Suzanne

:D I love NCL's service!

I am curious about the 55 days out though. I know on the Epic some are 120 and 90, but on other ships the booking started 45 days out:confused:. It is the first time I have heard of 55.

Cherie

I too am familiar with the 45 days out rule for booking reservations online, I believe that rule applies to all guests, on line booking. I can't say for sure but if I had to guess I would say that the 55 day rule is for the suite guests thru the pre cruise concierge, as an extra benefit for being booked in a suite. I plan to call back in a few days after consulting with my travel companions re: perk selections and will ask this question and post the answer.

I too am familiar with the 45 days out rule for booking reservations online, I believe that rule applies to all guests, on line booking. I can't say for sure but if I had to guess I would say that the 55 day rule is for the suite guests thru the pre cruise concierge, as an extra benefit for being booked in a suite. I plan to call back in a few days after consulting with my travel companions re: perk selections and will ask this question and post the answer.

I just called to add a resevation for Moderno's , and inquired about the 55days out. You are corrcet!!:D Another reason to love the NCL suite life!

Cherie

I just called to add a resevation for Moderno's , and inquired about the 55days out. You are corrcet!!:D Another reason to love the NCL suite life!

Cherie

I won't cruise any other way. I have cruised in suites with Princess as well, but NCL is the hands down winner for all things suite. We have an owners suite booked on Royal for the spring so we shall see how they measure up as well.:rolleyes:

I am thinking about trying it on the Star in September skipped it on the Star in June

Suzanne

You should give it a try. If we went shoreside for the same experience for two it would cost $ 500. $75 pp is a great deal imho!

Cherie

I won't cruise any other way. I have cruised in suites with Princess as well, but NCL is the hands down winner for all things suite. We have an owners suite booked on Royal for the spring so we shall see how they measure up as well.:rolleyes:

Thanks for letting us know that 55 days out you can book SR's. I will use this in the future. I can not do it either. Cagney's in the morning IS part of crusing for me. :p

Hi David!! Silly me just assumed you didn't have a CC account. Come join our roll call!

Hi there, you caught me. have been keeping up with all the roll call posts thru Howard, and really enjoying the back and forth. CC has always been his domain, but I did jump in on this thread. Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else in December. :D

Hi there, you caught me. have been keeping up with all the roll call posts thru Howard, and really enjoying the back and forth. CC has always been his domain, but I did jump in on this thread. Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else in December. :D

Likewise! :)

Wow!

I just heard about this thread while on another one.

Thanks so much for sharing all of this wonderful information.

We'll be in the 2 bedroom suite on the Star in January and we'd love

to set up some of the things early.

We usually book mini-suites, but we'll be traveling with 4 & the suite made sense.

We love the Star (2 previous cruises on her) & have 5 cruises booked on her in the next 9 months.

We should know the entire crew very well by end end of May.

Judy

Wow!

We usually book mini-suites, but we'll be traveling with 4 & the suite made sense.

We love the Star (2 previous cruises on her) & have 5 cruises booked on her in the next 9 months.

Judy

You are most welcome! We sailed on the Star in May for the first time. I was skeptical as I love the Jewel class ships and the Haven. The service on the Star blew me away. The crew was very happy and friendly, more so than any ship we had ever sailed.

This pre-concierge service is new for all suite guests, and some have said that there requests were not met. This is a test for me, so we will see what happens on Sunday. Monica is the best concierge at sea imho. I am sure that if the requests are not filled, it is not on her behalf.

I hope you enjoy your Jan. cruise. We will be on the Gem at the same time!:D

Happpy planning!

Cherie

Wow!

Judy

Wow you are booked solid. Way to go. The crew on the Star are awesome. I went on the Star in June to Bermuda and loved it so back again in September.

Suzanne

Edited by sjnyc323