Pre-Cruise Concierge for all suite guests

Nalagh

OP, you sound so excited! I can't wait for my December cruise. Thanks for the # just in case I don't get a call. I wouldn't mind planning ahead so everythiing is ready when we get there. My DH can't have feather pillows either. Have a wonderful, wonderful cruise. ( and pay no attention to the negativity on this thread, as the positive had already outweighted it!:))

Thanks for the tips Nalagh!! This is our first time traveling in a suite, so I have a couple of questions:

1) For the "pillow menu", if you've not used it before can you request to see it in advance? Can anyone with experience tell me if the foam pillows are good - DH and I use memory foam ones at home, and he is VERY particular about his pillow, but I'd love to be able to leave it at home if the ships offerings are good!

2)Are the refrigerators the tiny "mini fridges" like in hotel rooms, that only fit small bottles of water and cans of soda, or can you actually put a decent amount of wine or tall water bottles in them? We aren't soda drinkers, but enjoy sparkling water and wine, and will probably bring our own onboard (paying the corkage), but will of course want it chilled!

3) Can I request a few additional things like some milk and snacks for our kids (will be 3 and 6 months when we sail) so they're already there just in case we need them?

4) We're sailing on the Gem in November and have a family suite in the Haven... does anyone know who the butler and/or concierge might be (I know this is of course subject to change)?

Thanks!!

Thanks for the tips Nalagh!! This is our first time traveling in a suite' date=' so I have a couple of questions:

1) For the "pillow menu", if you've not used it before can you request to see it in advance? Can anyone with experience tell me if the foam pillows are good - DH and I use memory foam ones at home, and he is VERY particular about his pillow, but I'd love to be able to leave it at home if the ships offerings are good!

2)Are the refrigerators the tiny "mini fridges" like in hotel rooms, that only fit small bottles of water and cans of soda, or can you actually put a decent amount of wine or tall water bottles in them? We aren't soda drinkers, but enjoy sparkling water and wine, and will probably bring our own onboard (paying the corkage), but will of course want it chilled!

3) Can I request a few additional things like some milk and snacks for our kids (will be 3 and 6 months when we sail) so they're already there just in case we need them?

4) We're sailing on the Gem in November and have a family suite in the Haven... does anyone know who the butler and/or concierge might be (I know this is of course subject to change)?

Thanks!![/quote']

We used foam pillows last September on the Gem and there were great. The fridge is small, but you can fit about 5 bottles of wine. Yes, you can ask for just about anything from your Butler and if you request milk it will most likely come with gummy bears and cookies.:D

Last year on the Gem, Special K (Kadec) was very very good! He had some of the Haven, our cabin 15000, and some AC ph's. I hope you will have him, but whoever you end up with will be a dedicated NCL employee and will be wonderful!

Happy planning! If you have any more Gem questions, just ask! We will sail her again in January.:D

Cherie

We used foam pillows last September on the Gem and there were great. The fridge is small, but you can fit about 5 bottles of wine. Yes, you can ask for just about anything from your Butler and if you request milk it will most likely come with gummy bears and cookies.:D

Last year on the Gem, Special K (Kadec) was very very good! He had some of the Haven, our cabin 15000, and some AC ph's. I hope you will have him, but whoever you end up with will be a dedicated NCL employee and will be wonderful!

Happy planning! If you have any more Gem questions, just ask! We will sail her again in January.:D

Cherie

Tell Monica George & Peggy said Hi! Let us know whether the information makes it to the ship and they actually have the things ready you asked for.....when we sailed on the Star on May 27, 2012 - two cc-ers were in the DOS and he was contacted by the landside concierge and set everything up - but nothing was forwarded to the ship - nothing was ready as expected. But as always, everything was accomplished asap on the ship.

Cherie

Thanks Cherie!! I've read about Special K on here a few times - maybe we'll get lucky and have him!

Regarding the Haven - how deep is the pool? And are there any other "hidden" perks of Haven suites (I've heard rumors of special snack in the afternoons, and coffee and pastries at breakfast time). Is there a haven gathering with crew?

Is there a "behind the scenes" tour of the boat on the Gem?

Thanks Cherie!! I've read about Special K on here a few times - maybe we'll get lucky and have him!

Regarding the Haven - how deep is the pool? And are there any other "hidden" perks of Haven suites (I've heard rumors of special snack in the afternoons' date=' and coffee and pastries at breakfast time). Is there a haven gathering with crew?

Is there a "behind the scenes" tour of the boat on the Gem?[/quote']

When we were on the Gem we had a VIP sail away with Champagne, a suite party hosted in the Haven with all top officers there, and a private invite for a VIP bridge tour. We were also lucky enough to get invited to dine with the Captain.

There is a BEHIND THE SCENES but we have never done it.

You can have whatever snacks you want delivered at whatever time works well for you. If you have a do not disturb time like nap time, just let them know. Be sure you set the dial at the front door as well.

I do not know the exact depth of the haven pool, but if I had to guess I would say about 4.5 feet. It is also a wave pool.:D It is small, but it was often empty on our latest sailing.

Hope this helps!

Cherie

Thanks for the number! I just called and the person I spoke with asked me what type of coffee and tea I wanted, if I wanted extra towels and pillows, and some other questions that I just can't remember at this time. LOL

She also put in a special request for dark chocolate strawberries to be in our suite as a little anniversary surprise. They are usually milk chocolate but we both prefer dark.

Tell Monica George & Peggy said Hi! Let us know whether the information makes it to the ship and they actually have the things ready you asked for.....when we sailed on the Star on May 27, 2012 - two cc-ers were in the DOS and he was contacted by the landside concierge and set everything up - but nothing was forwarded to the ship - nothing was ready as expected. But as always, everything was accomplished asap on the ship.

I will be sure to tell Monica that George and Peggy say hi!

I hope that it works as it only enhances the Concierge service we have already grown to love. If not, it will only take a few minutes with the Butler. I will be happy either way. The only thing I will beg for is Maxi;). I will get back to you with the conclusion.

Cherie

Thanks for the number! I just called and the person I spoke with asked me what type of coffee and tea I wanted, if I wanted extra towels and pillows, and some other questions that I just can't remember at this time. LOL

She also put in a special request for dark chocolate strawberries to be in our suite as a little anniversary surprise. They are usually milk chocolate but we both prefer dark.

Glad to see that it worked out for you!

Cherie

One last question - how far in advance do you think I should call? Our cruise leaves right after Thanksgiving so I was thinking the week before that (2 weeks before the cruise), in case a lot of people have the holiday off on land.

Thanks for all the info, including the pool. No way my 3 yo will be able to stand but I'm sure she'll enjoy it anyway!

Do you happen to recall the type of flooring of the Haven? Is it soft carpet or something like rattan? I'm asking because my little one might enjoy crawling around but not if it's a scratchy surface.

Nalagh, you do not owe anyone an explanation but classy of you to reply. I have thought about it and two things come to mind:

1. NCL would not have made this number/service available if they did not intend for people to use it.

2. Much has been said about how busy embarkation day id for stewards, butlers, concierges, etc. perhaps knowing some of the suite pax's preferences ahead can actually help make it more efficient. For instance, I like extra hangers on embarkation day. Why not add those when making the room ready? I like all tge specialty menus too. Check. Easily done. Fridge emptied? Yes, please. I order a bar setup. I don't need or want the mini booze and mixers, except what I prefer.

NCL is proactive. We know they lead the parade on suite amenities in the mainstream cruise market. This is just one more way to keep ahead of the curve.

Again, for someone to imply you owe them an explanation is their problem.

THANKS!! just called to have 2 blankets on the bed instead of one large one since im sharing the bed with a friend :) and fridge emptied asside from diet coke easier to be annoying on the phone :D

Not a problem since there is no diet coke on any NCL ship. Diet Pepsi yes.

THANKS!! just called to have 2 blankets on the bed instead of one large one since im sharing the bed with a friend :) and fridge emptied asside from diet coke easier to be annoying on the phone :D

I am happy it worked out for you! :)

Cherie

Nalagh, you do not owe anyone an explanation but classy of you to reply. I have thought about it and two things come to mind:

1. NCL would not have made this number/service available if they did not intend for people to use it.

2. Much has been said about how busy embarkation day id for stewards, butlers, concierges, etc. perhaps knowing some of the suite pax's preferences ahead can actually help make it more efficient. For instance, I like extra hangers on embarkation day. Why not add those when making the room ready? I like all tge specialty menus too. Check. Easily done. Fridge emptied? Yes, please. I order a bar setup. I don't need or want the mini booze and mixers, except what I prefer.

NCL is proactive. We know they lead the parade on suite amenities in the mainstream cruise market. This is just one more way to keep ahead of the curve.

Again, for someone to imply you owe them an explanation is their problem.

I could not agree more. NCL is always working to improve service, and goes out of their way to accommodate. This is WHY we cruise NCL. It is a worry free vacation and as planned as I want it to be. Freestyle- freedom to choose.;)

Cherie

Edited by Nalagh

I called again and also requested that there be 2 lounge chairs on the balcony…this is great…I saw in pictures there was only 1 lounge! thanks again OP!

I am going to call back and ask for the same. Thanks for the reminder! We always ask for this!

Cherie

:D

We are very happy that this service is there even if we are not in a Haven suite this time. We did not get a letter, hear about it from our PC, or know from prior service. We found a CC thread that said that the concierge desk had a number, so I called to ask if was just haven guests or was it all suites. I was told ALL full suite guests (meaning no mini suites) were included.

What does pre-cruise concierge service offer?

1. The name of our concierge at sea...Yea we have Monica on the Star next week!

2. Pillow service planned ahead...means no feathers in the room for me when I enter!

3. Beer on ice for my DH when he gets in the room. (not gonna happen otherwise)

4. All of the stuff in the fridge will be taken out so to make room for what I want.

5. The coffee I want will be in the room for the machine will be well stocked.

6. We requested a certain butler....MAXI

So, if you are staying in a suite, you can do this too! Just call 1-855-625-4283. Yup, any suite on any ship! I sooooo love NCL!!:D

Thank you for this info. I was able to call the number and make an advanced reservation for the Chef's Table on my upcoming cruise. Much appreciated.

Thank you for this info. I was able to call the number and make an advanced reservation for the Chef's Table on my upcoming cruise. Much appreciated.

:D Awesome to know! Chef's table pre reservation just uped the pre-concierge value tons! Thanks so much for letting me know! We will not do it this trip, as we just went to it in May on the Star, but for my January Gem trip absolutly!!!

Not sure much was accomplished by calling ahead.

1. Don't understand the advantage of knowing the concierge's name before you arrive.

2. Feather pillows banned? I guess that is good if you have allergys.

3. Stopping at one of the numerous bars to grab a beer is too much trouble?

4. Refrigerator emptied? That is really an issue? Fridges are so small not much fits in them anyway.

5. I have always had ample supplies and varieties everytime I have a suite. Never had to ask.

6. Highly doubtful you will get any other butler than what is assigned for that week. They rotate on a regular basis, and generally have blocks of rooms to make things easier for them and you.

Promises on the phone are easy to make. Having those promises fulfilled is a different story.

Don't forget about feline aids!

Waw waw WAAAAAAW.....

You had to pay in advance for the Chef's Table? Early reservations for dining are supposed to be paid in advance. Did they do this?

When I called the shoreside concierge to reserve the Chef's Table, the person I spoke to said she would put my name on the "list" that would be provided to the ship concierge.

The ship concierge has the final determination about who fills the limited number of seats if more sign up than are available.

As far as cost, I presume that after I board, the ship concierge will inform me if I made the cut and will charge me if I do.