Pre-Cruise Concierge for all suite guests

Nalagh

:D

We are very happy that this service is there even if we are not in a Haven suite this time. We did not get a letter, hear about it from our PC, or know from prior service. We found a CC thread that said that the concierge desk had a number, so I called to ask if was just haven guests or was it all suites. I was told ALL full suite guests (meaning no mini suites) were included.

What does pre-cruise concierge service offer?

1. The name of our concierge at sea...Yea we have Monica on the Star next week!

2. Pillow service planned ahead...means no feathers in the room for me when I enter!

3. Beer on ice for my DH when he gets in the room. (not gonna happen otherwise)

4. All of the stuff in the fridge will be taken out so to make room for what I want.

5. The coffee I want will be in the room for the machine will be well stocked.

6. We requested a certain butler....MAXI

So, if you are staying in a suite, you can do this too! Just call 1-855-625-4283. Yup, any suite on any ship! I sooooo love NCL!!:D

Hi Nalagh

Maybe a little late, just saw your tread right now. I think I want to use this service, being allergic to feather. I guess the phone number you wrote is in America. Can I use it from Europe, and if so what is the international nummer to call USA. And if I use it do I have to skip the first nummer 1, like in our own country?

Hi Nalagh

Maybe a little late, just saw your tread right now. I think I want to use this service, being allergic to feather. I guess the phone number you wrote is in America. Can I use it from Europe, and if so what is the international nummer to call USA. And if I use it do I have to skip the first nummer 1, like in our own country?

For international "1" is the US country code. So chances are you are "00" (for international dialing) then country code "1", then 855xxxxxx

For international "1" is the US country code. So chances are you are "00" (for international dialing) then country code "1", then 855xxxxxx

Thanks Anthem for your explanation. We are in suites febr. and nov. 2013. Want to trie out this pre-cruise concierge service

Our group has two Owners Suites booked, leaving next weekend. Haven't heard or received a thing other than our E-docs.

I guess I thought they'd email us.

They seem to be hit-or-miss on contacting suites prior to sailing. I have never been contacted beforehand, even in the Garden Villa. That's why it's so great that someone has posted the phone number to call on this site!

Robin

They seem to be hit-or-miss on contacting suites prior to sailing. I have never been contacted beforehand, even in the Garden Villa. That's why it's so great that someone has posted the phone number to call on this site!

Robin

I called the number listed, the person i spoke to sent me an email with a list of perks to choose from. We sail on Dec 9th on the Jewel and I just emailed them my request list. It is fairly significant with Liquor, soda, water, tea, coffee, pillow selections, plus a few personal requests so I will let you all know how they handle it once we get there. YIPPEE. Getting excited.

Thanks so much for this info. We aren't sailing till next June, in our first suite on the Sky, so I have wrote down some of the request that I liked in my cruise notebook so I have them with all my other info. We can't wait are so excited about our first suite.

Our group has two Owners Suites booked, leaving next weekend. Haven't heard or received a thing other than our E-docs.

I guess I thought they'd email us.

I encourage you to call so that you can get things set-up. We have never been contacted by NCL pre-concierge, even when staying in a DOS. We found the service to be outstanding, and we will use this for all future trips!

Let us know how it works out,

Cherie

Thank you for sharing this info - I had no idea!!! I will be sure to call and set up some stuff before hand. So much easier to do before I am there with 3 kids and the hubby onboard ;)

"We used foam pillows last September on the Gem and there were great. The fridge is small, but you can fit about 5 bottles of wine. Yes, you can ask for just about anything from your Butler and if you request milk it will most likely come with gummy bears and cookies.:D"

OH MY - my children are going to LOOOOOVE that. They adore gummy bears! I will be sure to ask the butler for that! Thanks for the heads up.

What is a "bar setup". I am curious now... any info would be awesome! Do they also provide green tea (my hubby drinks it daily). Stupid question - does it cost extra? Thanks again!

A bar set-up is ordering bottles of alcohol and mixers to your suite. If you are in an OS and up, 3 bottles are included(6 for GV's) and can be prearranged though this service. If you are in any other type of suite, you can still order a bar set-up for a fee by the bottle. Each bottle comes with your choice of 3 mixers and garnishes.

Happy planning,

Cherie

One last question - how far in advance do you think I should call? Our cruise leaves right after Thanksgiving so I was thinking the week before that (2 weeks before the cruise)' date=' in case a lot of people have the holiday off on land.

Thanks for all the info, including the pool. No way my 3 yo will be able to stand but I'm sure she'll enjoy it anyway!

Do you happen to recall the type of flooring of the Haven? Is it soft carpet or something like rattan? I'm asking because my little one might enjoy crawling around but not if it's a scratchy surface.[/quote']

It's carpeting - kinda like indoor/otdoor

First time cruiser here and we have a mid-ship mini suite on the Star the week after Thanksgiving... sadly, the concierge service is not available for mini suites.... :(

No worries though, I'll keep this number and info handy for the next cruise we plan. Thanks for the info! :)

First time cruiser here and we have a mid-ship mini suite on the Star the week after Thanksgiving... sadly, the concierge service is not available for mini suites.... :(

No worries though, I'll keep this number and info handy for the next cruise we plan. Thanks for the info! :)

I hope you wren't expecting any suite amenities and perks for your cruise, because mini suite passengers do not receive any of them.

A mini suite would be more accurately labeled as a deluxe balcony cabin.

I hope you wren't expecting any suite amenities and perks for your cruise, because mini suite passengers do not receive any of them.

A mini suite would be more accurately labeled as a deluxe balcony cabin.

I wish NCL would remane the mini-suites, or give them some suite perks like there used to be with a welcome glass of champagne and strawberries.

There is no doubt the mini-suite is probably mis-named and its closer to a deluxe balcony room than a suite. The pricing should easily give it away since the mini-suite is usually one a little higher than a regular balcony room and the suite is more than double the cost of a mini-suite.

There is no doubt the mini-suite is probably mis-named and its closer to a deluxe balcony room than a suite. The pricing should easily give it away since the mini-suite is usually one a little higher than a regular balcony room and the suite is more than double the cost of a mini-suite.

I think it should be called Deluxe Balcony which is what it is and non be called a mini-suite

Suzanne

I think it should be called Deluxe Balcony which is what it is and non be called a mini-suite

Suzanne

Suzanne, I like your new picture! I think we have have sailed on the Gem together...did you stay in 15500 by any chance?

Cherie

Thank you for all the info posted. I am still overwhelmed by the amenities. So what are 'free' and what are the things that we pay for?

The list included liquor, soda, bottled water, etc..etc. Snacks every night...can someone let me in on this?

Thank you for all the info posted. I am still overwhelmed by the amenities. So what are 'free' and what are the things that we pay for?

The list included liquor, soda, bottled water, etc..etc. Snacks every night...can someone let me in on this?

What determines what is for fee or free depends on your suite category. Water, soda, liquor (3-6 bottles) are included for OS, DOS and GV's. All other suite types can ask to customise the contents of the suite mini-bar so your desired items are available and restocked when purchased. We ask to have it emptied completely except for our wine and bar set-up mixers that we pre-order.

Just let me know if you need any help with this or this service!

Cherie

Nalagh, Thanks for such a great thread! I was wondering you said you always make sure they stock up your favorite coffee, do they have assorted flavors or basically regular and decaf? Also what about cream do they provide that and if so is it flavored or just plain. Thanks!

Cindy

Nalagh, Thanks for such a great thread! I was wondering you said you always make sure they stock up your favorite coffee, do they have assorted flavors or basically regular and decaf? Also what about cream do they provide that and if so is it flavored or just plain. Thanks!

Cindy

The choices in coffee is strength rather than flavor. I enjoy the purple top coffee, I could not even tell you what it is named after all my NCL cruises...LOL. It is a strong coffee and I love being able to brew a fresh cup when I want in my cabin. The creamers and provided, but basic. If you want someyhing flavored, it would be best to bring it with you.

I am sorry that I could not be of more help. I just order the purple ones:o.

Cherie

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly disappointed with the service from the pre concierge group. Sent in all of my requests, pretty minimal, and asked for a different choice of vodka. They now want a $100 up charge for a couple of bottles that would normally cost about 2-3 dollars more. After the cost of a DOS, you would think a minimal change would be ok. I would understand if I asked for some superior booze. First time I felt let down. So many on here have mentioned that they were able to change all of the requested booze to something else, seems like they are now looking at this as another profit center.