Oasis with 16 month old twins

Willow3006

Hi there

I have been on the Oasis a few years ago but am not going on it again in March with my twins who will be 16 months old at the time. Having never been on a holiday with the twins before there is so much I need to know and I wondered whether parents of other babies could let me know any tips, etc. Here are some random questions from the top of my head:

1. We're travelling from the UK so there will be a major time difference - how did you cope with the babies routines in this case? Will they be all over the place?

2. We are staying in a D4 room. I'm assuming they will put 2 cots in the room too? Are the cots going to be big enough for babies of this age to sleep in?

3. How much is the nursery and night time in room babysitting and is it easy to get availability? It's mainly the in room we're looking at as I don't think the twins would sleep in a nursery setting - they are very into their usual routine so would sleep in the room better I think!

4. What did you do regarding food for them at this sort of age? do you just eat really early with them or feed them something in their room?

5. what about nappies? I'm not sure it's sensible to bring loads of them on the plane! Can you buy them on the Oasis?

Any help/advice appreciated!

Thanks

willow x

Just "go with the flow" as far as the time change....throw the schedules out the window.

There will be PLENTY of food for your almost 2 year olds...and don't be afraid to use the dining room! The waiters dote on kids, and will see that they have the foods they like nightly. You also have the option of the buffet or room service, but the dining room is truly the easiest way.

As far as the beds....it will depend what type of beds are in your cabin...some have pullmans, some have sofabeds....I sure would hate to put 2 cribs in a D4 cabin....just way too tight...you won't be able to move!

Bring all the nappies you will need...they don't sell much, if any, baby stuff...so start counting diapers now and figure how many you'll need for the entire trip...bring some extras, too!

Hi there

5. what about nappies? I'm not sure it's sensible to bring loads of them on the plane! Can you buy them on the Oasis?

Any help/advice appreciated!

Thanks

willow x

I'm assuming you're arriving at least the day before your cruise and staying at a hotel? That leaves you with 2 options. 1) Get a taxi to walmart, target, or something similar and buy baby supplies there. 2) Have www.diapers.com deliver whatever you need to your hotel. Take more than you think you'll need. They may or may not have the type/size you want on the ship, and if they do they'll be very expensive!

While I am not familiar with RCCL and their policies revolving around children of your age, I would suggest contacting RCCL with your questions. Many lines have a minimum age for their children programs and many do not have inroom babysitting available. I would double check just to make sure you don't get some unexpected surprises once onboard.

Archived