Food choices on Celebrity

Rustys Mom

Over the past 4-5 years I have lost about 125 pounds and gone from a size 22-24 to a size 8-10. One of my gifts for losing all of this weight is I became a diabetic :confused:. I try to be really good and most of the time but when I am on a cruise - I eat what I want! I still check my blood sugar so that I don't "pass out" and scare everyone. But I am married to an RN and he watches me also.

I think my single favorite food is the Indian food at the Asian flavors in the Oceanview lunch buffet. They always include a vegetarian option. What's especially impressive is the great choice of condiments like chutneys and cucumber/yogurt raita.

One way for me to watch my calorie intake, at dinner, I pass on the bread/rolls. I eat mostly fruit, and maybe a muffin for breakfast on sea days, maybe some oatmeal or an egg when we have port days with an excursion. For lunch, I have lots of salad and meat, and usually dessert. The desserts are my downfall. I do walk the steps, vary rarely take the elevators, and we do lots of walking while on the Islands. Hope this helps!

I loved the french onion soup and creme brulee on the menu everyday on celebrity. Our last cruise was only a 5 night, and I had both every night. Our next X cruise will be 14 nights. I think I may need to break this routine, and not induldge in the creme brulee every night! :eek:

Lots of good and interesting options have been made. That's one of the major pluses for Celebrity. We liked the variety of the potentials with the speciality dining places. See more below. Second, the Oceanview Cafe offers a good variety and an easy way to move in and out, to and from the various stations. Below are a few added visuals.

Speciality Dining Photos/Tips:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1434523&page=2

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 98,900 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For the handy and quick, especially at breakfast and lunch time, here is the Oceanview Cafe buffet on the Solstice. This visual sample shows how large and open are these various serving areas. This area includes getting items from the pizza-pasta bar area, various hot and cold items, free tea and juice machines, etc.:

SolsticeOceanviewBuffet1.jpg

In front of where the desserts were offered at the brunch buffet in the Main Dining Room, there were three ice carvings. Nice to look at, plus sampling these treats!:

SolsticeThreeIceCarvingDesserts.jpg

My wife had this “Potato-Laced French Turbot” at Murano that looked great on its presentation plate. Tasted good, too!:

MuranoTurbotMainDish.jpg

Three at our table at Murano went for the “Grand Marnier Souffle” with Creme Anglaise a la Grousse Tahitenne. It was loved so much, especially the sauce that poured in the middle.:

Murano2DessertTwo.jpg

From the Oceanview Buffet, here are two visual samples, including the sushi selections in this area during the evenings. Second is a carved melon in the fruit area.:

SolsticeOceanviewSushi.jpg

SolsticeOceanviewCarnvedFruit.jpg

Breadsticks!!!! I could eat 25 of them before dinner even starts.

Love the breadsticks! We visited some friends when they visited Astoria, Oregon on a X cruise. Their gift to us for the day of touring - breadsticks wrapped in a daily!!! Yum!

Joe

The chocolate brownie dessert in Bistro on 5 is fantastic. Little balls of brownie in a chocolate sauce with whipped cream. My daughter and I shared one and it was a 'fight' to see who got the last piece. I will have another next time-- in December on Infiniity.

...On the M-Class ships in the Cova Cafe or the S-Class ships in Al Bacio the ALMOND CROISSANTS!!!! They are to die for!!! :D The Coffee drinks are nominally priced, however, these wonderful delicacies (as well as all other pastries) are free of charge!

If you are an Elite Captain's Club Member, there are mini versions of the almond croissants at the Elite breakfast venue, as well!

Jill

The daily menus are posted outside the MDR and Blu earlier in the day. I have heard you can ask to see them the Night before too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yummy! Thanks also for the spreadsheet! I found my room and it had a great review!

Is there a menu anywhere for the premium coffee shops?

Yummy! Thanks also for the spreadsheet! I found my room and it had a great review!

Is there a menu anywhere for the premium coffee shops?

There are menus for all of the specialty restuarants and cafes on Celebrity's web site:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type1.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes_cafe_al_bacio&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes

Archived