renewal of vows

dixiana

Will be celebrating our 50th W/A and are wondering if any cruisers have any experience in this matter?

We are contemplating the Laua at Paradise Cove,has anyone tried this?

Does anyone know how you would send an e-mail to the cruise beverage director? I have reviewed their so called "BEER" list, I find no craft beers listed, not even a run of the mill quiness stout. I do not want to appear to be a "beer snob", I drink beer for its taste, like a fine wine. My favorites are oatmeal porters and stouts, I would find it hard to believe that my wife and I would be the only ones on board that enjoy "black beers", as well as other craft brews.

karen and wayne south carolina golden princess 1010 12

Congratulations on your upcoming 50th Wedding Anniversary. A wonderful milestone.

Following up on CruserBruce's recommendation this link will take you to the Princess Cruise Line Board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197

Be sure it is noted on your reservation that you are celebrating your 50th Wedding Anniversary and note what day you would like to celebrate it.

Keith

The Princess board would be the best place for your questions.

With that being said, it would do no good emailing the bar manager asking for other beers, as the same beers are sold onboard all ships in the fleet. There may be some local ones, depending on itinerary (in Alaska, they do get some Alaska beer), but that's it. They are going to stock what sells.

With regards to the Renewal of Vows, I did it on the Crown Princess with my wife to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. The ceremony was done on the first formal night before the Captain's party, but I think if we had wanted a different time, they would have accommodated as best they could. We were the only couple doing it, so it was private.

Wife and I did the same cruise, same basic week for our 20th a few years ago. Did not do the paradise cove luau though. We did the river cruise/fern grotto/luau on Kauai. It was nice but pretty casual for an afternoon luau. The vow renewal was not at all personal, with a lot of couples standing up out of the big crowd renewing at the same time. Nice time, though.

Other thoughts on that cruise:

Lots of sea days (which we like).

Almost no kiddos on our sailing (8 on the whole ship, and several of those were infants.). Expect the average age of the passengers to be a bit older than many cruises. Ours was about 65. Good people, but very little night life.

After a number of bigger 'promenade' style ship sailings, we were not used to the smaller atrium area.

I probably ate 400 fresh baked chocolate chip cookies from the little deli/bakery at the foot of the central stairwell (free). Good...

My wife really loved the coffee card deal princess had. We wish other lines had that deal.

For us, a junior suite with the extra space and balcony, as well as the larger bathroom was well worth the extra money on that venue.

Enjoy...

Archived