Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

The main problem in May is the ocean temperature - it's pretty darn cold.

A swim usually involves you running in the water, screaming like a girl, running out and waiting for the paramedics to arrive.

I have had mainly beautiful days at sea out of New York. Yes, the weather is unpredictable but as another poster has pointed out, the overall stats don't lie.

Absolutely agree Dr. Cocktail- I do run into the water screaming like a girl and it is cold.

gambee,

Do you know if The Breakaway and the Getaway will have Windows (like the Jewel class ships) where you will be able to see into the Bridge?

Not sure if gambee, or anyone else, has any info on this, but personally I tend to doubt it. Loooking at deckplans, it would have to be on Deck 15, one deck above the bridge; however Deck 15 Forward is apparently where the Salt Room end of the Thermal Suite is located. Could be wrong, but I doubt it will be an option.

Edit - or possibly right behind the bridge on 14, but I'd bet that is only restricted crew access area.

I too would love to see a bridge viewing room....the ones on the Jewel class are great, and the one on the Spirit is outstanding!

On those ships, their existence is indicated on the deck plans, so since the Breakaway doesn't show it, unfortunately, it probably doesn't have one. IIRC, the last newbuild, the Epic doesn't.

While some of us love it, I must admit that most of the time, no one is using the existing ones...:(

Ok, new to NCL, now that I've clarified that mini-suites do not get suite perks, can you tell me where we can purchase spa passes and vibe passes and anyone know the cost of each?

Since we're staying in a "regular" balcony on deck 14, I'd like to at least get ahold of spa passes and any other priced perks.

In case you weren't aware of it, the Breakaway does offer some special 'regular' balconies that do come with Spa privileges...they are priced between balconies and minisuites.

I too would love to see a bridge viewing room....the ones on the Jewel class are great, and the one on the Spirit is outstanding!

On those ships, their existence is indicated on the deck plans, so since the Breakaway doesn't show it, unfortunately, it probably doesn't have one. IIRC, the last newbuild, the Epic doesn't.

While some of us love it, I must admit that most of the time, no one is using the existing ones...:(

Epic sure does have a bridge viewing room :)

NCL%2520Epic%2520260710%25200030.JPG

If you fold the paper luggage tags as indicated they are strong. We place them round the handle then staple them in place (hotel receptions always seem to have staplers). No problems on any of our cruises.

Yes we had paper ones on my last cruise on Holland America and they were strong enough when folded as marked.

I'm not sure if I knew this - there's a private Haven sundeck AND vibe - which is different than Epic - on Epic there's posh for haven guests where you can buy your way in. So maybe Vibe is the buy a pass type place but the haven sundeck is TRULY Haven only?

Is this new news?

This has been on the plans for a long time. There is a Haven sundeck on Epic but as it was the only forward sundeck it seems they allowed non Haven guests in on most cruises. It seems by splitting the forward sundeck in half there is a Haven only area and the other side is open to the general cruise population. I would say they learnt some lessons from how they designed it on Epic as it seems to be an issue a lot of Haven guests complained about on their cruises.

In case you weren't aware of it, the Breakaway does offer some special 'regular' balconies that do come with Spa privileges...they are priced between balconies and minisuites.

Yes, but the spa balconies are $300 per person MORE than the balcony we are currently booked in. It doesn't pay to upgrade, cheaper to buy spa passes. We are on deck 14 already.

The main problem in May is the ocean temperature - it's pretty darn cold.

A swim usually involves you running in the water, screaming like a girl, running out and waiting for the paramedics to arrive.

Well this is certainly not encouraging information. I really thought I had done my homework with this but now it's looking like maybe not so much. Not what we had in mind at all. And sorry to have gotten off topic a bit, as this part of the conversation is more destination based, but thanks for all of your comment on the matter. The wife and I have some serious conversations/decisions to make, and unfortunately if we make a change at this point it's going to cost us money. :(

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, but the spa balconies are $300 per person MORE than the balcony we are currently booked in. It doesn't pay to upgrade, cheaper to buy spa passes. We are on deck 14 already.

Yeah and that's the case with all of these "perks" as they pertain to suites. You'd be a fool if you were getting the suite just for the "privileges" since if you add up the cost of those perks if purchased piece meal it would only be a fraction of the price of what you're paying to upgrade to a suite from a balcony. You get the suite if you want/need the extra space, and the added perks are just the icing (and actually the least that the cruise line can do for the crazy amount of coin you're dropping ;))

Yeah and that's the case with all of these "perks" as they pertain to suites. You'd be a fool if you were getting the suite just for the "privileges" since if you add up the cost of those perks if purchased piece meal it would only be a fraction of the price of what you're paying to upgrade to a suite from a balcony. You get the suite if you want/need the extra space, and the added perks are just the icing (and actually the least that the cruise line can do for the crazy amount of coin you're dropping ;))

It's not even a suite, it's just a spa balcony that costs $300 extra pp. I can't imagine what the spa mini-suites are costing (again, with no real perks). I was interested in the mini-suites until I heard that there are no perks (other than larger cabin). Maybe that's why all the spa mini-suites are available on our sailing.

Well this is certainly not encouraging information. I really thought I had done my homework with this but now it's looking like maybe not so much. Not what we had in mind at all. And sorry to have gotten off topic a bit, as this part of the conversation is more destination based, but thanks for all of your comment on the matter. The wife and I have some serious conversations/decisions to make, and unfortunately if we make a change at this point it's going to cost us money. :(

And to top it off there is a chance they may still have to tender if the pier repairs are the least bit delayed :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I cruise to Bermuda at least two times a year usually in May and September/October. Keep in mind, Bermuda is not really a Caribbean island but is actually 600 miless east of North Carolina. The weather is not tropical but sub-tropical and it is usually warm from May until early October but then it is cool and rainy for much of the remainder of the year.

I have been there in May several times and the weather ranges from a cool 68 to a very nice 80. The water is sometimes still cold in May because it is the Atlantic and takes time to warm up. October water temperature is definitely warmer and sometimes even the weather is better than May but that is just my opinion.

Well said, that has been my experience also. We have cruised there in the spring and fall. In the spring the water was warm enough to swim, but not bath water warm like later in the season.

Can somebody please tell us what the entertainment schedule is so that we can talk about it for our upcoming cruise. We are a family of 7 in four cabins and it be nice to have these things planned together so we all book up the same days and times.

I haven't been keeping tabs on this, but do the people who booked the Breakaway from Port Canaveral still have their reservations intact? I wondered what every came from that, if the release of cabins was in error or if they are going ahead with dual bookings in NY and FL.

Booked on the 5/19 cruise...my wife stayed up til midnight to book reservations on breakaway...she said it was painless...got everything we wanted...the murder mystery lunch was not on the website...she called NCL( yes someone answered at midnight) and booked it over the phone...44 1/2 days and counting

I haven't been keeping tabs on this, but do the people who booked the Breakaway from Port Canaveral still have their reservations intact? I wondered what every came from that, if the release of cabins was in error or if they are going ahead with dual bookings in NY and FL.

My March 11th booking is still there, just checked my account on NCL before answering your post. I even checked to see if it offered excursions for me to book and the excursion page opened. Not interested in any excursions, just taking advantage of sailing the Breakaway from PC.

I hope someone else answers your post, I feel like DH and I are going to be the only ones at the counter checking in, I can't even imagine that they will open a counter just for us!! Maybe we will get some correspondence from NCL when it gets closer but right now we are excited to have been able to book it, we have friends that would like to join us but right now there is no way to book them.

I joined the roll call leaving NY on the 9th but I guess I should check the one leaving the following Sunday so if they are having a slot pull or a cabin crawll they might let us outsiders join in!:)

5/19 I just made the reservations.

By the way I am not sure if someone posted this already, but there is a new show that I was not aware off. Here it is. Any thoughts?

Screenshot2013-04-04at92132AM_zps303d4d01.png

wow - you have to pay for Second City?? That's a first....

Archived