Do all ships offer free wine in specialty restaurants

S.S.Oceanlover

Is this deal only in the specialty restaurants or in the main dining room seating as well?

If being offered, only in the specialty restaurants. It is an incentive to get you to book. There would be no incentive with the main dining room as that is already included in your cruise fare. I have seen buy two cover charges and get a free bottle of house red or white IF you dine prior to 6 p.m.

Did get a free bottle of Tisdale red from my TA in my cabin. Thought it was undrinkable swill. I did get the 4 bottles of wine for 98 bucks from the viva vino wine package that NCL offers and that was good. Took my wine bottle to my MDR dinner every night.

Mmmm...... well we have just come off the Jade and we had the romance package so we had a dinner included at Le Bistro for this and we booked a table for 8.00pm AND we were offered a bottle of wine from the complimentary wine list and of course gladly accepted! :)

We had the sparkling Beringer, it's a rose,as we have this wine in the UK and I really like it but there was quite a lot of choice anyway so could have gone for something more expensive but I like to drink what I know I like!

On the Pearl two weeks ago, the offer was made for a bottle of wine, but when we said we didn't want it, we were told we could have one cocktail per person or one bottle of beer per person instead. We went that route.

Very glad to know this! We normally eat between 5 and 6 everyday so these would be the times we would be booking anyways because unfed teenagers are no fun!

Only problem, DH doesn't drink at all, I rarely drink and have found 1 wine I like in all my years. Oddly enough, I do use a TON of red wine in cooking. Does the bottle need to be open and drank right then and there with dinner, or would it say, be possible to take back to our room for future consumption (aka, take it home and cook with it!)? I know for sure I am not picky about wines I cook with, I generally pick whatever is on sale that week and is about $4 a bottle or less :D

I just booked a deal on the Sun where if you make reservations at three of the specialty restaurants- one of the nights has be be on day 1, you receive a free bottle of wine on the first night. We on the Sun in May 2013.

Archived