Do I need Luggage Tags?

Justness

Hello

Just received our docs from TA and it has our boarding passes but NO luggage tags.

On MYNCL I do not have an option to print these out (presuming because I've booked through a TA).

Do I need these or can I get these at the ship before boarding?

If I need them I'll go back to the TA (should have booked direct, as I keep going back and forth for one thing or another)

I did do a forum search but nothing came up about not receiving them

Thank you

J

Hello

Just received our docs from TA and it has our boarding passes but NO luggage tags. This is not unusual.

On MYNCL I do not have an option to print these out (presuming because I've booked through a TA). Yes you do, I believe when you print your e-docs the option shows up.

Do I need these or can I get these at the ship before boarding? You can get them at the pier.

If I need them I'll go back to the TA (should have booked direct, as I keep going back and forth for one thing or another)

I did do a forum search but nothing came up about not receiving them

Thank you

J

I printed mine out and used packing tape to attach them securely to my luggage.

You can get them at the pier if you want to spend the extra time. The porters will not take your bags without them, because then the ship's staff would not know where to deliver our bags.

However, having said that, the boarding at most ports is a madhouse, and some porter might just grab your bags without looking closely at them.

If you print them out at home, you might want to wait until you get to your port city before applying them. Our practice is to wait to put them on until we land at the port airport (if traveling day of cruise) or to put them on before we leave the hotel in the morning for embarkation. After all, they're only paper tags, and my fear is that they'll get torn off if you put them on before your airplane flight to the port city.

Thank you. I'll get them at the pier then.

For some reason I don't have an option to print my edocs from MyNCL. My TA has already forwarded them to me but on MyNCL it is not giving me the option to print the edocs / tags

While I can see the Download edocs, it is not giving me the option to click it and go further. Unless its the computer in work that I'm using but I've not had issues before

Thanks again

J

Did your TA give you an NCL Welcome Aboard package? Should be a booklet with all your cruise information and in the center some reenforced luggage tags. When you book yourself they come to your home from NCL. When you use a TA they are supposed to receive them for you and pass them on.

Did your TA give you an NCL Welcome Aboard package? Should be a booklet with all your cruise information and in the center some reenforced luggage tags. When you book yourself they come to your home from NCL. When you use a TA they are supposed to receive them for you and pass them on.

Actually, I always book through a TA, but about 30 days before sailing I get an email from NCL telling me that the welcome aboard book is on the way. Get it shortly thereafter. And it contains the luggage tags.

I printed mine out and used packing tape to attach them securely to my luggage.

I also printed out the tags, put on clear packing tape on both sides, but then made a hole in the tag and ran a piece of strong twine though the hole and when we get to the port will only have to tie the tags on, rather than worry about carrying tape with us. As someone mentioned it can be very busy at the port and having to write your cabin number, name and address on the tag may be a hassle.

a

Do suite people get the tags mailed to them or is it the same deal? I booked directly with my PCC.

Everyone has the luggage tags mailed to them. They will be in the Welcome Aboard booklet you receive. About 30-45 days before the cruise, you should receive an e-mail saying the booklet is on the way. It usually arrives a week or two later. People on your roll call are sure to be mentioning it when they receive the notice and when they get the booklet, so if for some reason you haven't heard anything, call your PCC to check. Things do get messed up occasionally.

Sometimes a TA will arrange to have the info sent to them, and if anyone booked with a TA, they may have to call them to check when people start talking about getting the booklet.

The tags from the booklet are good to have because the info on them is clear and they are in the color that represents your cruise, so the porters will have no trouble getting them on the right ship.

Hope this helps. If you book last minute, this doesn't apply of course. I'm sure if anyone has had a different experience, they'll let us know.

Do suite people get the tags mailed to them or is it the same deal? I booked directly with my PCC.

I heard that only the "sweet" people get them. :p:p:p

Everyone has the luggage tags mailed to them. They will be in the Welcome Aboard booklet you receive. About 30-45 days before the cruise, you should receive an e-mail saying the booklet is on the way.

Hope this helps. If you book last minute, this doesn't apply of course. I'm sure if anyone has had a different experience, they'll let us know.

I just received my advance-warning email. When my booklet arrives I'll check it out and advise here as to whether or not it contains luggage tags. ;)

I just received my advance-warning email. When my booklet arrives I'll check it out and advise here as to whether or not it contains luggage tags. ;)

As an afterthought, I went back and re-read the email. Here's what it says (note the bolded section):

"Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line.

Your Welcome Aboard Booklet has been mailed and should be arriving soon. This booklet contains your luggage tags as well as helpful information about your cruise.

For smooth sailing, we encourage you to log in or register at MY NCL to complete your online check-in and print your eDocs. At MY NCL you can also explore and reserve Shore Excursions as well as other onboard activites customized to your daily itinerary.

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Agent or call us at 1.800.327.7030.

We look forward to welcoming you on board!"

I think that settles it, but in the event that they are not included, I will post again. ;)

Everyone has the luggage tags mailed to them. They will be in the Welcome Aboard booklet you receive. About 30-45 days before the cruise, you should receive an e-mail saying the booklet is on the way. It usually arrives a week or two later. People on your roll call are sure to be mentioning it when they receive the notice and when they get the booklet, so if for some reason you haven't heard anything, call your PCC to check. Things do get messed up occasionally.

Yeah..except my roll call is deader than dead :)

Originally posted by Waldospepper

I heard that only the "sweet" people get them. :p:p:p

That would be me for sure then :) LOL

Thanks for your responses.

Archived