Port of Tampa closing Sunday

Vmalcolm

Of course it will ALL be Carnival's Fault.

Weather is so unpredictable, there is Absolutely NO Way Carnival can be sure what it is going to do.

What they DO is try to keep everybody out of Harm's Way. I have been inconvienced by a Hurricane sailing b/4.

Just have to deal with it as I CHOOSE to sail during Hurricane season.

Just found this on Carnival's website:

CARNIVAL LEGEND – 8/19/12 DEPARTURE

The Port of Tampa is expected to close by 3:00 AM on Sunday. At this time, they are uncertain as to when the port will reopen. Therefore, we have made arrangements to dock at Port Canaveral instead, where we will arrive at 8:00 AM on Sunday. Busses will be available to take guests to the Port of Tampa or the Tampa airport. The parking garage at the port will be open. It will take approximately two and a half hours to the Port of Tampa from Port Canaveral.

CARNIVAL LEGEND – 8/26/12 DEPARTURE

Due to the expected port closure in Tampa, the Carnival Legend will dock in Port Canaveral on Sunday. We ask that guests proceed to the Port of Tampa and plan to arrive between 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM. The parking garage at the port will be open to park your vehicle. We will have busses available to take you and your luggage to Port Canaveral. Please do not proceed to Port Canaveral directly as the ship will be docking in Tampa when we return next week.

It will take approximately two and a half hours to Port Canaveral from the Port of Tampa and no adverse weather is expected. The last bus will depart from Tampa at 4:00 PM and we expect to sail at 8:00 PM.

At this time, our itinerary remains unchanged. However, there is a possibility we may have to make changes, depending on the path of the storm.

I'm not sure how close the parking is to the port, but if I were on this cruise, there is NO WAY I'd park my vehicle there when a hurricane was headed into port. Just talk to the folks who were parked at Galveston during Ike. :eek: --Katie

I'm not sure how close the parking is to the port, but if I were on this cruise, there is NO WAY I'd park my vehicle there when a hurricane was headed into port. Just talk to the folks who were parked at Galveston during Ike. :eek: --Katie

At Tampa, the main parking garage is right across the street. But anywhere there is right on the water. Actually in the multilevel garage is probably better than the off site parking which is on ground level. Probably not enough wind to hurt the garage itself and being higher is better where Storm Surge is concerned.

Question: If todays Legend cruise leaves PC and returns to Tampa, it technically is not a closed loop cruise and the exception that allows the use of a BC and driverss license won't work. I hope the Government looks the other way today.

Question: If todays Legend cruise leaves PC and returns to Tampa, it technically is not a closed loop cruise and the exception that allows the use of a BC and driverss license won't work. I hope the Government looks the other way today.

On someone's post, those getting off without a passport will be acceptable under the circumstance. But, it went on to say those attempting to get on without a passport will be denied due to the law. I hope they get permission this one time to be exempt for those boarding due to the circumstances.

Good grief, the threads will be alive soon with complaints about everything. For those who take this event with a grain of salt, I thank you in advance.

Now that Carnival Sensation is on its way out, perhaps some of that embarkation team can go over to Carnival Legend and assist with all that must still be going on there.

note: It was a bit odd seeing Carnival Sensation use tug assistance with the turn-around this afternoon.

Archived