MDR cruise cycle and other questions

PHOENIXfire

Since there are no formal nights:) on oceania cruises, do they do special bon-voyage, farewell or theme dinners in the main dinning room based on your number of cruise days or that days port of call. We want to make our speciality dinner reservations next month and will plan our 25th anniversary dinner accordingly. Also do they publish the menu in advance for that day for the MDR. I understand the TVs are not interactive but is a lot of information available on their channel. Do you get a newspaper at concierge level and activities on the TV each day.

Do you mean the newsletter or newspaper?

I think if you order the newspapers (fee based ) they must be delivered to your cabin

The daily CURRENTS newsletter for the next day's activities is left on your bed at turn down time in the evening

Also on the TV the next morning ..sometimes I have seen the menu listed

I have not noticed any special menus in the GDR for Bon voyage, they used to have a Captains night dinner but not sure if they still do that .. I did not notice it on our last couple of cruises

Hopefully someone will have the answer

Lyn

do they do special bon-voyage, farewell or theme dinners in the main dinning room based on your number of cruise days or that days port of call?

No, nothing like that

Also do they publish the menu in advance for that day for the MDR.

Not in advance, but the menu for the next meal to be served is displayed in the Dining Room Foyer.

I understand the TVs are not interactive but is a lot of information available on their channel.

Not really. The Cruise Director generally does a filmed talk, very early each day outlining that days "highlights" in general terms, and if there has been a lecturer pertinent to a particular port they will rebroadcast that, but nothing else specific to the current cruise.

Do you get a newspaper at concierge level and activities on the TV each day

They print and distribute a News Sheet with the Daily Program, which they call Currents.

Since there are no formal nights:) on oceania cruises, do they do special bon-voyage, farewell or theme dinners in the main dinning room based on your number of cruise days or that days port of call. We want to make our speciality dinner reservations next month and will plan our 25th anniversary dinner accordingly. Also do they publish the menu in advance for that day for the MDR. I understand the TVs are not interactive but is a lot of information available on their channel. Do you get a newspaper at concierge level and activities on the TV each day.

Oceania is a very low key sophisticated cruise line..no one takes pictures of you, no art auctions, no special dinners in the GDR, no over the top entertainment..Just a fabulous relaxed experience with outstanding food and service...

Jamcruz1..

Oceania is a very low key sophisticated cruise line..no one takes pictures of you, no art auctions, no special dinners in the GDR, no over the top entertainment..Just a fabulous relaxed experience with outstanding food and service...

Jamcruz1..

It must be jelly, 'cause JAM don't shake like that! ;)

You now get a copy of the next night's dinner menu with your Currents that is placed on your bed at night. (At least we did on our last cruise)

There is one night that is somewhat special in that there is caviar, etc but we have never figured out what night it is. It does not seem to coordinate with any event. Be that as it may, every night in the GDR is special, in our opinion.

Make your specialty dinner reservations when it is convenient for you and when you can make them and be assured both locations will be good.

What I enjoy is NOT having special recognition that you are a" Special 6 golden anchor member of the Captains Innercircle of the Mystic Knights of the Sea"..Like the mass market ships do.

My suggestion is to let go of the need to know. Take each day as it comes, and dont try to plan everything.. you cant. Plan on a date and regret nothing. The world will some how survive with out any of us

I love the idea of no captains dinner, as I somehow doubt he and his staff have been waiting all their lives to meet me.

( they might get all wound up Phoenix fire, if ole' Alan B were aboard):eek:

What I enjoy is NOT having special recognition that you are a" Special 6 golden anchor member of the Captains Innercircle of the Mystic Knights of the Sea"..Like the mass market ships do.

My suggestion is to let go of the need to know. Take each day as it comes, and dont try to plan everything.. you cant. Plan on a date and regret nothing. The world will some how survive with out any of us

I love the idea of no captains dinner, as I somehow doubt he and his staff have been waiting all their lives to meet me.

( they might get all wound up Phoenix fire, if ole' Alan B were aboard):eek:

Hawaiidan, You and I think exactly alike..sometimes I wonder if the people on CC that want to know every single thing to expect... when they get on board what kind of surprises they get to have..I just love letting each day roll out as it may and rarely make any plans ahead of time..I have spent over 300 days on O and still find things and people each time I get on that are new!!

Jancruz1

Jancruz1

Archived