LOVED the Dream 8/18 - 8/25

Our cruise on the Dream was WONDERFUL. We had a group of 18 ranging from 6 to 80. Everyone had a great time. I will admit I was nervous about sailing on the Dream due to all the negative reviews. I decided to go with a positive outlook. I am glad I did not change my travel plans due to the negative reviews. The Dream is a beautiful ship and I would sail on her again. I'll write a mini review.

MDR - We had early seating in the Scarlet Dining room. We had two large round tables. The food was good. I would not say I had anything superb but it was always fresh and hot. Service was great. Our servers know our names and had our drinks waiting. Two people have food allergies which were handled very well by Carnival. We only experienced one slow night at dinner but that was no bother to us as we enjoyed relaxing after a long day in port. Most nights we were walking out of the MDR by 7:30pm. Escargot and shrimp cocktail were on the menu.

The majority of our group had Cove Balconies. The guys were in cabins 2280 and 2284. The balcony partition opened. However, the balcony partition between cabins 2298 and 2302 did not open. One person had a single interior on the Empress deck. She was satisfied. Two people had a Balcony on the Upper deck. They were happy with the cabin and location but were disappointed with the lack of privacy due to the Lanai. Overall, eeryone was happy with the cabins. We really enjoyed the Coves and will book again if we sail on the Dream or a sister ship.

All of the past guest cruisers agreed that the beds were not as comfortable as other ships. The beds were a little to firm for my taste. I usually leave wanting to purchase the Carnival Comfort Collection but this time I did not. The beds were not uncomfortable and did not impact my vacation. The first time cruiser thought the beds were awesome.

Four cabins shared the Cabin Stewart and no one was satisfied. The rooms were always clean and turned down. He just lacked attention to detail. I asked for extra glasses a few nights and never received them. We ended up calling room services. I also took glasses off the cart in the hallway. He saw me but never addressed it. He also never called us by name which is something we experienced on every other cruise. Again, this was a minor issue and had no impact on the vacation. The other cabins were extremely satisfied with their Stewart.

Archived