~Carnival VICTORY Review!! 08/19-08/26 Tons of Pics

ymillo

Random Comment: So sorry But I honestly did not capture as many pictures of the ship itself this time! I barely carried my camera around with me as Im known to be a little forgetful and leave things laying around sometimes lol this review is more focused on the itinerary itself and all the ports. Great photo shots coming up in the next ports, specially st.lucia & st.maarten;)

You know I noticed the same thing on my trip on the ncl sky, what a shame I really thought that ship was so nice inside. I do regret it. But that wont happen again ;)

Loving the review, thank you

Day 5: Barbados

Going into this cruise. I must admit Barbados was one of the ports we were most looking forward too. We woke up Wednesday morning & weren't so happy to see that the weather was not in our favor this

day either. This was the part of our trip were Tropical Storm Issac (not a hurricane yet) got involved....

We were sitting on our balcony having breakfast when we heard the captain come on the speakers & announce that the weather & seas were rough and not the safest.Therefore, Carnival cancelled all shore excursions for the day. We were extremely bummed out as Swimming with the sea turtles was one of the main attractions we were looking forward too the mostwhen we booked this cruise. We still decided to get off and take a taxi to carlisle Bay to stop at the boatyard ( in hopes the sea was not so bad and we could atleast spend the day there).

The taxi to the beach was $20 for both of us and the ride was approximatley 10 minutes. When we got to the beach we were even more bummed out as there were no swimming allowed signs placed in the sand.

There were still some people in the water but right at the edge (basically kids). The boatyard was not charging for entrance or any cabanas or loungers that day since you really could not use either the dock or the inflatable water toys they have. Seeing how the weather was and how ugly the waves were we just decided to head back to the ship and try and enjoy the day onboard. We didn't take a taxi back to port as I had read that it was possible to walk to and from carlisle bay. The walk was about 25 minutes (slow walking). I took a couple of pictures along the way and before we knew it we were alrady at the port. We spent about 1 hour looking around the shops and buying a few souveniours before we headed back up to the ship.

Once onboard, there wasn't many people in the outside decks so we decided to take advantage and enjoy the serenity deck to ourselves! We spent the whole afternoon in the hot tubs just relaxing and having some drinks. I started to pour down on us at around 3pm but since we were already wet and in the hot tub we just stayed there (Bad move as by thursday night I felt a cold coming on). Other fellow cruisers joined us in the hot tub as it was pouring down so we all sat and talked for quite a while as if it were a bright sunny day LOL.

At around 4:30 we decided to head up to our cabin, to dry off and change clothes as they were all soaked from the rain as well. As we walked in the room we noticed the cake I had ordered for my BF had arrived

as well as a nice little birthday card from the staff and crew. It was a nice surprise and without a doubt my BF never expected it. We later had the cake be deliverd to the dinning room to be able to share it with our table mates and ofcourse sing happy birthday! We sailed out of barbados at 5:30 and the captain made another weather update. The seas were pretty rough that night & we did feel some movement through out the night. I decided to make a phone call home as I did not want our family members to be concerned giving the fact that we were relatively close to the storm.

We enjoyed dinner and the night around the ship and finally at around 1am decided to hit the sack!

Quick Note:I will be heading to work now sooo..I will post the pics up for barbados as soon as I have a chance;):)

We ended up over at the boatyard too. Probably my kids you saw playing in the water/sand...;) LOL

lol what a coincidence! yes it could have been your kids. Where you standing keeping an eye on your girl as she played in the water? If so, we passed right by you! lol

You know I noticed the same thing on my trip on the ncl sky, what a shame I really thought that ship was so nice inside. I do regret it. But that wont happen again ;)

Loving the review, thank you

No thank you for reading :) & yes I do regret not taking more ship pics also! Such a shame, But, as you say, that wont happen again. The victory will be coming to miami next year & Iam sure we will sail on her again out of here. So ill take pics when that happens! lol

38 days , 38 days , 38 days , Did I say 38 days ? :)

love the review

Ah! you are so lucky!! :) I hope me review can be of some help & excitement to help get you through your countdown. You will have a great time. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did! Thank you for reading !

CarnivalVictory08-12090.jpg

Carlisle Bay, Barbados (such a beautiful day huh) :(

CarnivalVictory08-12092.jpg

Rough seas (btw, this shot was taken right infront of the boatyard)

CarnivalVictory08-12093.jpg

Walkway back to the ship..just keep going straight ahead

CarnivalVictory08-12101.jpg

ofcourse have to stop and take some pictures lol

CarnivalVictory08-12102.jpg

The birthday cake & card for my BF

CarnivalVictory08-12135.jpg

Departing Barbados

CarnivalVictory08-12129.jpg

CarnivalVictory08-12132.jpg

Later that afternoon..the sky & sea looked pretty scary

CarnivalVictory08-12131.jpg

Our great waiter & staff singing happy bday to BF

CarnivalVictory08-12137.jpg

Coming up: One of the best days in our itinerary. St.lucia & the Land/Sea combo excursion.

lol what a coincidence! yes it could have been your kids. Where you standing keeping an eye on your girl as she played in the water? If so, we passed right by you! lol

YES!!!! LOL That was me!!

Really enjoying this review too! We're sailing on the Valor next March, same itinerary!! Love getting these ideas of excursions and such.

Funny how you saw the other poster in Barbados! I think she's the one who also posted her review here. Neat to see two different perspectives....one from a couples' trip and one from a family trip. (We'll be doing the family one.):D

Archived