~Carnival VICTORY Review!! 08/19-08/26 Tons of Pics

ymillo

We were the Victory out of San Juan in May of this year. It was the best itinerary we've taken so far. So much to see and do. We tried hard not to overdo it since we also wanted to relax and enjoy the ship too. I'd love to do it all again. For anyone just thinking about it....think no more....best time, just do it!

Sounds like you had a great time! I did this exact cruise with one of my friends last October and had a good time overall. St. Kitts and St. Maarten are now two of my favorite ports, and I can't wait to go back to them.

Unfortunately, I stayed behind in Barbados to take an online exam for grad school, and was a bit under the weather in St. Lucia, so I missed out on two of the five ports, but it was still a fun trip!

What was your opinion of the Victory vs. the Glory? I have contemplated a cruise on a Conquest class ship, but having cruised on both the Victory and Triumph, I've found that I don't really care for them as much as I like the newer Dream class or the older Fantasy class ships. How did Glory compare?

Hi everyone sorry that I could not upload the rest of the pictures last night. For some reason the website I use to upload and get the html code was not working properly. Anyways I will put them up now and Get started on Day3: St.thomas. Thank you all for the nice comments its good to know im not writing this for no reason and theres actually ppl out there reading:) I will get back to any questions you all have just give me a little time:)

ok off to writing....

Almost boarding time!

trip15.jpg

Finally onboard! let the fun begin.

Random comment: Like many of you have probably read, YES!! this is a very green ship. However, I really did love the whole underwater/nautical theme throughout the victory. And do indeed watch out for those "bitting" seahorses in the stair rails (got hit with a couple of them during the week haha)

trip16-1.jpg

trip17.jpg

& ofcourse got to have my nice & fruity "kiss on the lips":p

trip18.jpg

I believe I forgot to mention that this week was also my honeys birthday. Last cruise on the Glory he surprised me with some wine & chocolate covered strawberries in our cabin. So, this time I made sure to order a little something from the Bon Voyage Department for him & have it in our room by Embarkation:) Btw, I also ordered a birthday

cake for him but I asked if it could be delivered on the day of his birthday, (which was our day in barbados). More pics on the cake once I get to that day.

trip19.jpg

Sail away time!

CarnivalVictory08-12068.jpg

CarnivalVictory08-12069.jpg

Next up: Day3: St.thomas, USVI

YES! Finally another Victory review just in time. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your very welcome!! You will love everything about the victory ship & itinerary. Hope you have a blast:)

Great start to your review, can't wait to read more! :)

Thank you so much!! hope you love it :)

Great review! Can't wait for more. :)

Aww thank you so much:) it makes me very happy to see people are enjoying it!

subscribed :) looking forward to more!

Thank you! hope you enjoy it :)

Leaving for this cruise on October 12th! Staying 2 nights at Sheraton Old San Juan. We stayed there 10 years ago when it was a Wyndham property, can't beat the location! Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures and read your review!

Hi! lucky you! You will love the victory it truly is a great itinerary and a beautiful ship:) I must agree the sheraton has a spectacular location, couldnt have picked a better place as far as that goes.

Yea!!!! A Carnival Victory review! Thank you so much for posting a review, I'm subscribing and looking forward to reading and seeing all about it!

Thank you so much! it makes me very happy :)

Subscribed to this thread and waiting with bated breath!! :D

haha thank you so much!! Hope you enjoy reading the rest of my adventure.

I am loving your review and pictures!!! We head out on her on Sunday so this really helps :)

Aww thank you thank you!! I envy you lol you are going to have a blast such a great itinerary and ship so much to see and do. I hope you enjoy it!

I have to say... I get nervous when I fly, but those pictures just made me UBER excited! Look how preeetttyyy!! :D:D:D

lol I totally understand what you mean I'am a little whimpy myself when it comes down to flying :o Glad you are enjoying my review and pictures!

We leave on Oct. 7th for our first cruise ever and it looks like we couldn't have picked a better cruise to be our first. Anxiously awaiting the rest of your review!

I truly think you could not have made a better decision! The victory by far has been my favorite of all 4 ive done and of the 6 my BF has done also his favorite. The itinerary is great. You will not have time to be bored theres so much to see, experience and do. I hope you have a blast:)

Enjoying your Review!!!...this Itinerary is definitely on our Bucket List

Hi! thank you so much! ohh you should definately do it, it was great!

Cant wait for the rest...I am on this cruise Oct 28....thanks for posting!

You are very welcome! thank you for reading :)

We were the Victory out of San Juan in May of this year. It was the best itinerary we've taken so far. So much to see and do. We tried hard not to overdo it since we also wanted to relax and enjoy the ship too. I'd love to do it all again. For anyone just thinking about it....think no more....best time, just do it!

Completely agree! we were thinking of trying something different next year (Allure of the seas) but I loved this itinerary so much & with the hurricane I felt like we couldve enjoyed it more. Now I feel like I just want to do it all over again next year and not wait :D

Thank you for your review, we are sailing on the Victory next week and have a room booked pre-cruise at the Sheraton also. Can't wait to see what you thought of your trip.

Hi marge,

Your very welcome & thank you for reading. You are very lucky! I have no doubt you will love the victory & its itinerary. Hope you have a great time! BTW, the sheraton was great! can't beat the location ;)

Oooh, nice upsell fairy call you got!! We had an inside an received the fairy's call to a balcony, took it and saved us money too!!

Enjoying your review :)

Yes the Fairy call was great!! lol you cant beat going from interior to balcony for just $250! Glad you got to take advantage as well & Glad you are enjoying my review and thank you:)

Sounds like you had a great time! I did this exact cruise with one of my friends last October and had a good time overall. St. Kitts and St. Maarten are now two of my favorite ports, and I can't wait to go back to them.

Unfortunately, I stayed behind in Barbados to take an online exam for grad school, and was a bit under the weather in St. Lucia, so I missed out on two of the five ports, but it was still a fun trip!

What was your opinion of the Victory vs. the Glory? I have contemplated a cruise on a Conquest class ship, but having cruised on both the Victory and Triumph, I've found that I don't really care for them as much as I like the newer Dream class or the older Fantasy class ships. How did Glory compare?

Hi! Im Glad you are enjoying my review. We really did not have a chance to enjoy barbados how we wouldve like due to hurricane Isaac (more on that later on the review) but we did get to enjoy st.lucia and it was beautiful! hope you get to see that one day, Iam sure you will love it. As far as your question goes, I have not yet been able to sail on any of the new Dream class ships so I really can't compare the victory to any of those. However, Glory vs. Victory, I definately would pick the Victory more as far as the overall "theme" and decor. Now, when it comes down to the staterooms, I would pick the Glory. The rooms in the Glory are much nicer and updated (plasma, fridge, etc) where as in the victory we had neither in our balcony room.

As far as food goes, I know this might sound weird, but I found the food on the glory to be GREAT! & in the victory we found ourselves dinning in the buffet 2 out of the 7 nights because the menu seemed more appealing.

I hope that kind of helps you in any way. We loved both ships to be honest. But then again, we truly enjoy every minute of our vacation and are not picky people what so ever. We make the best out of any situation lol. Thanks for reading my review:)

Thank you so much for doing this review, it is a great one- oh and you look great too! ;) Doing this itinerary next April, but on the Valor. Thanks again, look forward to more!

You are very welcome! Glad you are enjoying it:) Aw & thank you for the compliment lol

All right! A Victory review.

My favourite ship, the best itinerary!

Love that ceiling in the Atrium.

Enjoying your review so far. Looking forward to your continuing adventure.

Thank you so much! Glad to see you are enjoying it :) & yes the green atrium was nice! I also loved it.

Thanks again for sharing, can't wait to do this again in November.

You are very welcome! LUCKY you!! Hope you have a great time :)

I love the way you write. Count me in, following. :-)

Wow thank you so much! It really nice to hear good feedback:) Hope you continue to enjoy the rest.

Archived