Modifying dining reservations for select dining

takemewithyou

I am having a problem with the web site.

I made reservations for our upcoming cruise for table for 2 every night at 6 pm. Problem is...we have another couple joining us now (just booked)and they are linked to our reservation.

When I go in to my reservation for dining - there is an option to CHANGE reservation. When I click on that, there is a prompt to add other guests by inputting their reservation number. When I do that they show up and I can click on their names, but not on our own names and I can not complete the reservation.

I called Captain's Club who transferred me to another department. They say they are having problems with this on the web site! They say since we already have dinner reservations at 6 pm to just go with our friends at 6 pm and ask for a table for 4 - should be no problem, so they tell me.

Is this accurate info?

Does any one have any other ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks. :)

I am having a problem with the web site.

I made reservations for our upcoming cruise for table for 2 every night at 6 pm. Problem is...we have another couple joining us now (just booked)and they are linked to our reservation.

When I go in to my reservation for dining - there is an option to CHANGE reservation. When I click on that, there is a prompt to add other guests by inputting their reservation number. When I do that they show up and I can click on their names, but not on our own names and I can not complete the reservation.

I called Captain's Club who transferred me to another department. They say they are having problems with this on the web site! They say since we already have dinner reservations at 6 pm to just go with our friends at 6 pm and ask for a table for 4 - should be no problem, so they tell me.

Is this accurate info?

Does any one have any other ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks. :)

At 6:00 you will have your choice of tables as very few go for dinner that early. The crunch seemes to come after 7:30. You can see the Hostess in Select after you board. Go to Deck 4 Starboard at the entrance to the Restaurant.

Just have your friends book the same time and go together. There will be absolutely no problem. Don't fight the celebrity computer system. The reality is that you don't need reservations...they don't actually hold a table. All the reservation does is to get you in a priority line (although sometimes it doesn't even do that). When you get to the front, they ask if you want a table for 2, or something else...just tell them what you want.

I had the same problem.. First make sure your friends have prepaid gratuities AND that they marked the res as select dining. In my case with 6 cabins they took the prepaid gratuity but " forgot" to mark as select dining. If they are defiantly on select then there is no reason Celebrity cannot make the dining reservations for all 4 if you can make online. That's what they did for my party who were tagged together.

(then they did not remove the original waitlst for early dining and when it cleared they canceled the select sigh.... )

I had the same problem.. First make sure your friends have prepaid gratuities AND that they marked the res as select dining. In my case with 6 cabins they took the prepaid gratuity but " forgot" to mark as select dining. If they are defiantly on select then there is no reason Celebrity cannot make the dining reservations for all 4 if you can make online. That's what they did for my party who were tagged together.

(then they did not remove the original waitlst for early dining and when it cleared they canceled the select sigh.... )

Are you saying you booked direct with X?

We all booked direct with the same TA - not direct with X.

I am having them check their reservation to make sure it says they have select dining. I know they paid for gratuities when they booked.

I figured it out and I'll post the solution in case it helps some one else.

I had to go in and cancel my existing reservations for 2 of us and then and only then - I was able to go in and book new reservations for the four of us.

Problem solved.

Glad you figured it out. If I were you, I'd still follow Orator's suggestion to see the Select Hostess upon boarding just to make sure everything is in place the way you + your friends want.:)

Archived