Our family cruise, Magic 8/19/12 w/pics

Meyer2

After a little while, we headed back to the cabin to change & get the little kiddos something to eat as they wanted to go to CC.

DSC_0340_zps785a6011.jpg

DSC_0339_zpsd363df3c.jpg

DSC_0341_zpsb62c41b5.jpg

After getting them both up to CC, we met my parents for lunch in the Northern Lights MDR, still under the Punchliner menu.

<Sigh> Me & my eyes....

DSC_0342_zps73424e65.jpg

The yummy rolls that came out.

DSC_0345_zpscb1fed86.jpg

Hubby & my Dad.

DSC_0346_zps4ac5851b.jpg

DH's dish, chicken something or other, LOL.

DSC_0347_zpsc5ae6dd7.jpg

Dad with his, Salmon/bagel.

DSC_0348_zps839cc94d.jpg

Mom's salmon dish.

DSC_0349_zpsa974ee99.jpg

Oldest DS & I had the mac & cheese with applewood smoked bacon.

DSC_0351_zpscd7ab5bd.jpg

Churro dessert for DS & I.

DSC_0354_zps08b615db.jpg

Busted him eating the chocolate before I could snap a picture of him with his dessert. LOL

DSC_0353_zps48b6356d.jpg

I am enjoying reading your wonderful trip review. Great family! Looks like you guys had a blast.

Question: I see that you stayed on the bottom floor. We are a family of five as well and are considering the new Breeze.

How was sailing on the first floor of the ship? We have a few concerns. First being on the first floor and so close to the sea, is there more rocking and motion down there.

We are also concerned about any possible smells that may be on the first floor, since you are closer to the engine and plumbing. I have read a few past reports, that I admittedly can't be specific, where the passengers reported smelling sewage.

Did you notice anything down there that you would consider instead booking 2 rooms on a higher floor, over the admittedly nice room on the first.

Thanks!! Again fabulous review!!

I am really enjoying your review. I love you pictures. What kind of camera are you using?

The OP already addressed this earlier in another post and I quote;

"Thank-you! These pictures were taken with our Nikon D40, SLR camera. :) I love it, but we do have a waterproof camera (Fuji) & another small Nikon point & shoot camera that we like."

I am enjoying reading your wonderful trip review. Great family! Looks like you guys had a blast.

Question: I see that you stayed on the bottom floor. We are a family of five as well and are considering the new Breeze.

How was sailing on the first floor of the ship? We have a few concerns. First being on the first floor and so close to the sea, is there more rocking and motion down there.

We are also concerned about any possible smells that may be on the first floor, since you are closer to the engine and plumbing. I have read a few past reports, that I admittedly can't be specific, where the passengers reported smelling sewage.

Did you notice anything down there that you would consider instead booking 2 rooms on a higher floor, over the admittedly nice room on the first.

I am not the OP but wanted to chime in and tell you the lower you are the less you feel the rocking. Not that you won't ever feel it but it is way less then higher up. I have always had rooms on the lower levels. I have also never noticed a smell.

DSC_0076-1.jpg

Like I previously said, the Hotel was packed for this particular weekend. They have the the free shuttle to the cruise terminal & we were just going to do that. But the one negative I have about the Hotel's program for this, is it's a 1st come 1st serve basis the day of. You can not sign up when you check in. Well, there were 7 of us in our group & there were multiple groups trying to go at the same time as us & they had 12 & 18 & there were still other smaller groups. So, we decided to load everything into our van & leave my parents car at the Hotel & we just parked at Lighthouse parking.

Some of the cramming, LOL, Youngest DS isn't too thrilled with having to share his space with luggage & all. ;)

DSC_0080.jpg

I really LOVE your matching outfits! So Festive!

I am not the OP but wanted to chime in and tell you the lower you are the less you feel the rocking. Not that you won't ever feel it but it is way less then higher up. I have always had rooms on the lower levels. I have also never noticed a smell.

I will have to definitely mull your advice over. Thanks again!

The OP already addressed this earlier in another post and I quote;

"Thank-you! These pictures were taken with our Nikon D40, SLR camera. :) I love it, but we do have a waterproof camera (Fuji) & another small Nikon point & shoot camera that we like."

I must have missed it. Thanks!

Mom's dessert.

DSC_0355_zps9caf4214.jpg

Dad's butter pecan ice cream.

DSC_0356_zps183a7cc5.jpg

Hubby with his chocolate ice cream. Silly man, started eating his before I snapped a picture. LOL!

DSC_0357_zpsa1ba09ea.jpg

We then went & walked through the photo gallery some & the shops for a few minutes. Then, headed to CC to get to 2 kiddos. Oldest DS went to walk around & head to the sports square.

Funship Freddie had made an appearance with DS's CC group.

DSC_0358_zps05aef85a.jpg

About 1:50, DD & I headed to the Southern Lights MDR to meet my Mom for 2:00 tea time. There were a lot of people, I was surprised at how many. It was really too busy for even the waiters to keep up & when we left, some people still hadn't even been served yet. Nobody seemed to be in a negative mood that I noticed though.

DSC_0359_zps414d9070.jpg

DSC_0360_zps3214c9ee.jpg

We hardly felt any movement at all! We felt a little one day when the seas were slightly rougher. I will say, we didn't end up with sea legs at all once the cruise was over. We would book that type of cabin again for sure. I don't remember any smells at all.

Thank-you!!

I am really enjoying your review! I can't wait to sail on Magic in March! It seems so far away!

Thanks!! Oh, it will be here before you know it. ;)

Great review and pictures! You have a beautiful family!

Thanks so much!

I am really enjoying your review. I love you pictures. What kind of camera are you using?

Thank-you! And I see you got your answer. :) I really like my D40 a lot, I know it's one of the older styles, but I don't have the need to upgrade at this point right now.

I can't wait to do tea time with my daughter when we gon in March on Magic. We went to do it on Conquest one time and had to walk out because my toddler threw a fit. I was bummed.

You will both enjoy it. We will be doing tea time again on our family cruise Nov. 2013. She can't wait.

This is part of the photo area. I like that you can sit down & look at pictures to make a decision.

DSC_0377_zpsb9e1e667.jpg

Atrium.

DSC_0378_zps971364e4.jpg

Showing 1 set of the doors in the Atrium area, Deck 3, where you embark/disembark.

DSC_0379_zps90d6ba1e.jpg

Saw the oldest in the hallway, he had just been by to check in with DH & was heading back out again. He didn't want his picture taken, LOL!

DSC_0382_zps268ec8fb.jpg

Design on the wall outside of our cabin.

DSC_0383_zps8ec70500.jpg

Got back into the cabin & DS had been resting while hubby napped. He then showed me what a mad funnel looked like, he thought it was hilarious. He's so silly.

DSC_0384_zps99b611a4.jpg

Archived