Ladies: Make Up Questions

Calkacky

Urban decay eyeliner and eye shadow base (gel potion/genie in a bottle) are excellent in waterproof formulas. The eyeliners come in fun and funky colors as well. Readily available at Sephora.

For a base I usually get Nutragena's tinted sunscreen. Comes in fair, light, medium, dark and ethnic. Drug stores.

I then use mineral bronzer for blush. Any eye shadow over the base will stay on and then plain old maybelline (pink/green bottle) waterproof mascara.

I get my lashes and brows tinted a couple of days before the cruise (so I don't have to worry about mascara for the whole cruise) and get the therapist to do them a couple of shades darker than usual - the sun and water means the colour fades faster.

You can now buy temporary tattoo eyeliner. I haven't been game enough to try it, the application sounds too tricky for me.

There was recently a similar post on the Fashions & Beauty board with some great suggestions:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1680831

For foundation, I highly recommend Tarte's Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation SPF 15, followed by Tarte's Amazonian clay pressed mineral powder.

I agree with the suggestion for Urban Decay's primer potion and eyeliners for eye makeup.

For lashes, I found Hard Candy Lash Ink (at Walmart, recommended on the Dr.Oz show). A little more water/sweat resistant than regular waterproof mascara. The Shu Uemura lash curler is the best!

I had eyeliner tattooed several years ago, but the lines were super thin and have faded.....and on the upper lids it hypopigmented, so now I have thin white eyeliner :p

I don't even try to wear a lot of makeup in hot weather situations, but I use a gel blush and powder eye shadow (with mascara) on "elegant" nights.

If I'm out by the pool or doing an excursion with water involved, I don't even bother wearing makeup.

For those of you who wear the super waterproof mascaras, what do you use to remove?

A few I use are Almay (round pads soaked in the solution) and BeautiControl. But I have also resorted to cold cream or an emoliant lotion and a warm wash cloth.

My DH always tells me not to worry about make up; nobody on the ship will see me after a week and then they would never say anything to my face!
That's my DH, he'd rather I never wear make up. But I wear it for me, I feel more attractive when I am "made up." On excursions that involve water, I do limit what I wear- mostly just a sunscreen. Onboard I figure I can run back to our cabin for touch ups.

During the day? Forget it. Sunscreen. And sunscreen. Then more sunscreen. (I burn easy.) Then a good shower to wash off the seemingly inch thick layer of sunscreen I've accumulated during the day.

Yet another thing we have in common :D

I not only burn easilly, but if I don't use sunscreen, I get an itchy rash.....and sometimes even if I DO wear sunscreen :mad::mad:

Archived