Next Cruise Certificate

utkikr21

DW and I just got off the shortened Allure of the Seas cruise and I missed out on the oppurtunity to purchase one of these on board (soo much to do and less time than expected to do it)...

I have heard that it was possible to purchase one of these from RCI shortly after getting off one of their ships but not sure where to do so. Can anyone give me details on this?

DW and I just got off the shortened Allure of the Seas cruise and I missed out on the oppurtunity to purchase one of these on board (soo much to do and less time than expected to do it)...

I have heard that it was possible to purchase one of these from RCI shortly after getting off one of their ships but not sure where to do so. Can anyone give me details on this?

I've no personal experience with this, but I've read a few posts here on CC that report they have been able to this for a short time after the cruise. All you can do is call C&A and ask. If you do this, please report back on your experience.

I've no personal experience with this, but I've read a few posts here on CC that report they have been able to this for a short time after the cruise. All you can do is call C&A and ask. If you do this, please report back on your experience.

Will give that a shot. thanks.

Ok called C&A and the lady I spoke to said normally the answer to that question is no, there is no oppurtunity to do this after teh sailing is complete. She did say that due to the circumstances of this cruise that she would see what she could do. When she came back on the phone she said that they would allow me to do so and asked for my C&A #.... As this was my first sailing with RCI and I have yet to receive my information (as I just signed up) there was nothing she could do until I received that number and she couldnt guarantee I would get the same answer upon doing so....

Long story short, it probably isnt going to happen.

Oh well... I can honestly say that we will definitely sail with RCI again (outside of hurricane season) becuase of them going over and above what they needed to do to make up for us losing 2 days on this trip.

Ok called C&A and the lady I spoke to said normally the answer to that question is no, there is no oppurtunity to do this after teh sailing is complete. She did say that due to the circumstances of this cruise that she would see what she could do. When she came back on the phone she said that they would allow me to do so and asked for my C&A #.... As this was my first sailing with RCI and I have yet to receive my information (as I just signed up) there was nothing she could do until I received that number and she couldnt guarantee I would get the same answer upon doing so....

Long story short, it probably isnt going to happen.

Oh well... I can honestly say that we will definitely sail with RCI again (outside of hurricane season) becuase of them going over and above what they needed to do to make up for us losing 2 days on this trip.

Thanks for reporting back. Be sure to call C&A when you get your membership number because they might surprise you and let you buy the NC. If you have been reading these boards for any length of time, you probably know that you can call Royal 5 times and get 5 different answers.

We got back from the shortened allure of the sea cruise also, I did manage to complete the form and dropped it in the box because I was at the cruise sales dept at around 830 pm on sat and they were not taking any more appts.

As fas as I understand, the $100 obc is probably the only benefit you get for future cruise, but that's still better than nothing at all.

We are booked on the new reflection next year so probably 2014 we can try out the new sunshine class on rcl.

CC

Thanks for reporting back. Be sure to call C&A when you get your membership number because they might surprise you and let you buy the NC. If you have been reading these boards for any length of time, you probably know that you can call Royal 5 times and get 5 different answers.

no problem. yes i have heard/read that about RCI several times.

We got back from the shortened allure of the sea cruise also, I did manage to complete the form and dropped it in the box because I was at the cruise sales dept at around 830 pm on sat and they were not taking any more appts.

As fas as I understand, the $100 obc is probably the only benefit you get for future cruise, but that's still better than nothing at all.

We are booked on the new reflection next year so probably 2014 we can try out the new sunshine class on rcl.

CC

it was also my understanding that the deposit was only $100 and the rest was not due until final payment.

Not entirely sure when we will have time/$$ to cruise again but its always fun to think about!!

it was also my understanding that the deposit was only $100 and the rest was not due until final payment.

This is correct :) Its great to be holding a NCC because they never expire and you can change cruises if you turn into an actual booking and have to change dates/ships.

Hi, I hope this will help. We cruised earlier this month and I did purchase a couple while on the cruise. Just a few days ago we got the following e-mail. Funny thing is when I asked my husband, he said he hadn't spoken to anybody from the cruise line. We did book the cruise earlier this month with a Certified Vacation Planner; but it wasn't Claudia. I'd give her a call and would hope you should be able to purchase within 21 days also.

Good Luck.

Hi Jeffrey,

My name is Claudia and I am a Certified Vacation Planner here at Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. It was a pleasure speaking with you today. From here on out you may contact me directly any time you wish to plan or finalize a cruise vacation with us. I will personally set up your reservations and be here to answer all your questions and provide assistance to you in any way I can. This is a special program we have set up in order to provide more personalized attention and service to some of our guests and enables you to speak with the same person every time for everything.

As a special limited time offer, I can extend to you the "NEXT CRUISE" special of being able to book a future cruise with only $100 deposit and up to $200 OBC. You must however reserve the cruise within 21 days of returning from your last cruise.

Below is my contact information and work schedule.

Warmest Regards,

Claudia Garcia

Certified Vacation Planner, Consumer Outreach

800-859-7225 EXT. 13167

EMAIL: cgarcia@rccl.com

Tuesday - Saturday - 9:30 - 6:30pm EST

I have a question - are the prices you get when you book on a cruise really the best deals you can get? I've only been on 2 cruises, with Allure booked for next May, and all 3 I've booked through different Travel Agents, based on who was offering the best deal. Am I wrong, or does it seem like you would be in the dark when choosing one while onboard?

This is correct :) Its great to be holding a NCC because they never expire and you can change cruises if you turn into an actual booking and have to change dates/ships.

thank you for posting this info...just paid off my upcoming 1st RCCL cruise and was wondering how onboard future bookings worked.

to clarify, is it $100 per cabin or pp?

Okay sailed Freedom of the Seas July 22, 2012

Unable to get an appointment (because we tried to late) to book our next cruise on board. Kinda scared to do it in case we had to move dates so.

Today, travel agent called and booked our next cruise on Allure for next July. Got through to C & A and they gave us $100 off the cabin.

Don't know if it is because we are platinum or what.

Don't know if this is what you are referring too.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

thank you for posting this info...just paid off my upcoming 1st RCCL cruise and was wondering how onboard future bookings worked.

The deposit is $100 per person for staterooms less than a Grand Suite category. GS or better staterooms pay full deposit.

There are two different ways to book your next cruise on board... You can book the cruise itself, i.e. - the ship and sail dates. Or you can book via a Next Cruise certificate, which does not require you to choose you sail date at that time.

I don't know details on booking a cruise with sail date on board, but I have booked a Next Cruise and yes, it's only $100 deposit and you get up to $200 OBC, the actual amount dependent on the length of the cruise you eventually book.

I think some of the posts were confusing the two. :-)

If you buy Next Cruise Certificate, you just put one person's name on it and you pay $100. Basically it's $100 per cabin. You are not booking a specific cruise with a NCC - you're just insuring that you get the OBC that come with it ($100 OBC on a 7 night cruise.) You also don't have to have an appointment with the Loyalty Ambassador to do this - they have a small brochure with a form you can fill out and drop in the box in the LA's office area. We just did this on Saturday aboard the Allure - filled out the form twice for 2 NCCs. I got the emails yesterday with the Certificates and reservation numbers. So when we decide on the next 2 cruises, I'm ready!:D

When you USE a NCC, you tell your RCI vacation planner or your travel agent you have a NCC and you give them the reservation number from your NCC when you actually book your cruise. You can apply it to any RCI cruise. At the time you apply it, you will need to make the deposit for the second person in the cabin ($100), then you pay the balance on or before the final payment date as usual.

Hope this helps!

Judy

If you buy Next Cruise Certificate, you just put one person's name on it and you pay $100. Basically it's $100 per cabin. You are not booking a specific cruise with a NCC - you're just insuring that you get the OBC that come with it ($100 OBC on a 7 night cruise.) You also don't have to have an appointment with the Loyalty Ambassador to do this - they have a small brochure with a form you can fill out and drop in the box in the LA's office area. We just did this on Saturday aboard the Allure - filled out the form twice for 2 NCCs. I got the emails yesterday with the Certificates and reservation numbers. So when we decide on the next 2 cruises, I'm ready!:D

When you USE a NCC, you tell your RCI vacation planner or your travel agent you have a NCC and you give them the reservation number from your NCC when you actually book your cruise. You can apply it to any RCI cruise. At the time you apply it, you will need to make the deposit for the second person in the cabin ($100), then you pay the balance on or before the final payment date as usual.

Hope this helps!

Judy

Thanks for posting this information. It is good to know how it works and that we can get two while on our next cruise.

Do you know if this has any effect on buying travel insurance? Could this be considered the first payment made date for pre-existing conditions?

Thanks.

Thanks for posting this information. It is good to know how it works and that we can get two while on our next cruise.

Do you know if this has any effect on buying travel insurance? Could this be considered the first payment made date for pre-existing conditions?

Thanks.

You don't have to worry about insurance until you actually use your certificate and book your cruise. Once you do that, you then purchase your insurance (as you then have a sail date). The date used for the purpose of the insurance is the date you actually booked the cruise, not the date you reserved your certificate.

Thanks.

CreativeJourney is correct on the travel insurance - the NCC is not a specific cruise, so insurance restrictions wouldn't kick in until you actually use it and convert it to a specific booking. That would be the time you would have an actual booking date.

We bought our first 2 NCCs in February on Voyager, and I have used both of them for future bookings now - one in 2013, and one in 2014. It was so easy! And we got our diamond discount when we booked them, and the $100 OBC shows on the booking confirmations. Yay!

But then I felt terrible that I didn't have any NCCs anymore!:eek: It was so nice having the NCCs and knowing I could use them at any time....so I had to get two more last week when we were on Allure! Ah...now I feel better...:p

Judy

Edit: You can get more than 2 at a time if you want - you just have to pay $100 for each NCC you get.

helpful thread, thanks:). just received email from TA i'm using this trip who specified that you can combine the OBC along with their current incentives for RCCL (prepaid gratuities and OBC). Found it interesting since we always book 'a dummy' reservation when sailing DCL then move it forward as the schedule is released. The TAs i've spoken to in the past have indicated they aren't able to combine their offers with DCL's onboard offer:confused:. Not sure if it's an issue with transferring an actual reservation vs NCC or the commision rate structure doesn't work out to cover promos and the OBC.

• 2 weeks later...

can someone answer a question regarding next cruise certificates. We have recently booked onto the Adventure of the Seas which had an offer of $100 onboard credit per cabin. We also tried to use a ncc but where told by our TA, we could not have two offers together. We purchased the credit on Independence last year at which time we asked this very question and was assured that we could use the credit no matter what other offers were available . Anyone else have any experience of this or advice.

can someone answer a question regarding next cruise certificates. We have recently booked onto the Adventure of the Seas which had an offer of $100 onboard credit per cabin. We also tried to use a ncc but where told by our TA, we could not have two offers together. We purchased the credit on Independence last year at which time we asked this very question and was assured that we could use the credit no matter what other offers were available . Anyone else have any experience of this or advice.

It depends on the nature of the most recent $100 OBC. If it's a Royal OBC, then they won't let you combine 2 Royal OBC's. If it's an OBC from your travel agent, it should be combinable with the OBC from the NCC.

Archived