Question about Red Frog Rum Bar and Blue Iguana...

Lv2Camp&Cruise

With the addition of these new bars on the Lido deck, how does this work with the Lido waiters? Are you able to order drinks from these new venues from the comfort of your chaise lounge or do you have to go into the bar to order? This question came up as DH and I were discussing the option of the Awesome Bar package should it be available on our upcoming Dream cruise.

I wonder if anyone will know since these new 2.0 bars are not on either of the two ships it has been on up to now.

Which ship is it on now.. a 3rd ship starting this week was announced. .. but they just went out of the port.. so no one back yet from that cruise.

I'm not sure about how it will work with the new Awesome Bar package.

If my memory serves me right, there were waiters wearing Red Frog and Blue Iguana t-shirts during the day. I only summoned a waiter once (from Blue Ig) on sail-away. I think you can have them serve you on the lido deck as well. I always just went to the bar though.

Even without the Awesome Bar program I had wondered if you still get bar service from the specialty bars without having to go to the bar. Anyone else know?

I of course don't know for sure, but wouldn't surprise me if the specialty bar drinks on Lido as well as the Alchemy bar drinks suddenly went up in price to be over the $10 limit for the bar package. Most of them are at least 8.95 each now anyway.

I of course don't know for sure, but wouldn't surprise me if the specialty bar drinks on Lido as well as the Alchemy bar drinks suddenly went up in price to be over the $10 limit for the bar package. Most of them are at least 8.95 each now anyway.

It would surprise me. Ice is cheap, and those drinks are more ice than anything.

Great moneymaker.

90% sure you can. Although I don't recall any of the blue or red shirt staff venturing much past their lil areas , I seem to recall lido waiters at the iguana bar. My memory of course may be incorrect since I was at the tequila bar afterall (even iif its cr@p tequila)

On Dream, they have taken out the 2 bars on Lido and are replacing them with the new ones. This is all speculation, but I can't imagine the servers at that end of the ship would go away. I haven't yet been on a ship with the Red Frog or Blue Iguana, but it would seem to me that if I were sitting on Lido where the bars are, and whether I had the drink sticker or not, that someone would be around taking drink orders.

I am looking forward to these new bars in November. I just wish that they had the Pub and the Cantina and not just the bars.

I believe the Red Frog Pub on the Magic is on Deck 5 so it would be more of a destination stop on that ship - don"t know if waiters would be schlepping drinks to the pool areas from there but maybe someone who's been on the Magic can weigh in?

I believe the Red Frog Pub and the Red Frog Rum Bar, are different the Rum Bar is on the Lido Deck. I maybe wrong.

I believe the Red Frog Pub on the Magic is on Deck 5 so it would be more of a destination stop on that ship - don"t know if waiters would be schlepping drinks to the pool areas from there but maybe someone who's been on the Magic can weigh in?

The ships I have been on without the pub still sell the Red Frog beer at most of their bars. Both Lido and atrium to be sure.

I believe the Red Frog Pub and the Red Frog Rum Bar, are different the Rum Bar is on the Lido Deck. I maybe wrong.

The rum bar is on Lido on Liberty. They did not have a Red Frog pub on the ship but the beer was served both on Lido and the atrium bar. Not sure where else as I normally don't drink beer.

On the Breeze the Red Frog rum bar and the Blue Iguana are opposite each other on the Lido deck. Waiters from both bars wander around the pool area and take and deliver orders so you don't need to get up and go to either bar if you don't want to. As I had a soda card I just showed that when I ordered, and the waiter would bring over my drink.

thanks so much for the links...i was curious about the menus.

• 1 year later...