What would you do?

bransworld

I am so torn right now. We are currently booked on Carnival Splendor out of NYC for May 1, 2013. And I have been so excited about it. I like the 4 sea days and the fact that it is going to Half Moon Cay. We have also sailed on Splendor before (our first cruise)

But.... now I have been looking at a different ship, the Dream on May 11, 2013. This cruise would sail over my birthday, and it is going to some ports I want to go to. It is a bit cheaper, for a better cabin location. And flights into Orlando are better than NYC as well. Wish this one had 1 less port day and 1 more sea day.

Not sure what to do.... my partner is no help since he doesn't really care where we go.

So give me your thoughts and preferences....

I would stay with my first choice and look at the second one for a latter cruise. But then the choice comes down to do you want to cancel on (and take any loses from the cancellation) and go on the second one over your birthday.

I would probably go with the cheaper one as well, assuming you like the ports and timing.

SOOOOOOOOO, when is your birthday. My birthday and anniversary is that same week and I love to go on vacation during that week. This time we could have gone that week, however it was cheaper to go April 21-28.

I am so torn right now. We are currently booked on Carnival Splendor out of NYC for May 1, 2013. And I have been so excited about it. I like the 4 sea days and the fact that it is going to Half Moon Cay. We have also sailed on Splendor before (our first cruise)

But.... now I have been looking at a different ship, the Dream on May 11, 2013. This cruise would sail over my birthday, and it is going to some ports I want to go to. It is a bit cheaper, for a better cabin location. And flights into Orlando are better than NYC as well. Wish this one had 1 less port day and 1 more sea day.

Not sure what to do.... my partner is no help since he doesn't really care where we go.

We loved our Dream Cruise, but I am sure whichever you go with it will be great!

My personal preference more days at sea!! :D and HALF MOON CAY CANT BE BEAT!! :p

I would probably go with the cheaper one as well, assuming you like the ports and timing.

SOOOOOOOOO, when is your birthday. My birthday and anniversary is that same week and I love to go on vacation during that week. This time we could have gone that week, however it was cheaper to go April 21-28.

My birthday is May 16th.

Not sure what I am going to do yet...

When we are making these decisions, we take into account other costs surrounding the cruise. We haven't chosen to cruise out of NY yet because ofr us it would be a more expensive port because the parking, hotels and food tend to cost more when we have been in NY.

We loved the Dream and if you want another sea day why do you have to get off @ each port. I had a health flare up while we were on a cruise and the idea of taking the tender into port and having to get on and off of it. That turned into a very restful and fun "sea day" on a lightly populated boat.

Just another thought ...

I question cruises I book too but have found I booked them for a reason and they always turn out well. I'd go with my first choice this time and look at the Dream for later. BUT that said I did cancel a cruise one time and booked another on an awesome deal. Was a great cruise but circumstances as they were when we left for the cruise we would have probably been better off with my first choice. BUT another time I canceled due to a large group booking the cruise and went on another cruise sailing 4 months sooner and was happy with the choice. If you booked early saver I would probably stay with the first booking as it will cost you to cancel.....

We haven't been on the Splendor (85 days to go) but have been on the Dream. We thought they made more staterooms (more people) without making the public areas any larger. It seemed very crowded compared to the other classes of ships.. plus more sea days would always win hands down for us.

I have nothing against the Splendor. Seems like a nice ship and similar to others on Carnival that I have been on, but my preference would be to take the Dream because; Though I like sea days, I also like to visit ports, new and old. Dream sounds like it has a few different venues also being a newer ship. And also in May, I personally would prefer to sail out of Florida, than New York. Calmer seas most likely, and I love to spend a day or two before and after a cruise in Florida, as it just adds to the vacation. This just my opinion, and Im sure you will decide what is best for you. Have a great cruise, whichever you choose.:)

For me it would all turn on where my birthday would land under the two options. My birthday is in the summer. I generally prefer not to be on vacation during my birthday because the birthday usually takes second fiddle to the vacation plans for that day. In effect, it is a vacation day that happens to be my birthday more than anything else.

That said, once in a while it is sort of fun. Last summer, we had decided to book a week on the Magic. With the weeks we were considering I had the choice of booking the cruise so that my birthday would be on the sea day on the last full day of the cruise, or on the Saturday the day before the cruise. I chose the latter because I thought it would be more fun spending the day in Barcelona rather than sort of doing nothing (other than sitting in the son) on the cruise.

How much exactly is the overall difference in price? I would go for the extra day and for Half Moon Cay, if the difference isn't much. Either ship would be lovely (I adore the Splendor!)

Well we ended up going in a completely different direction..

My best friend ended up booking the March 24th Magic cruise out of Galveston for her and her 9 year old son. So we decided to switch to that same cruise. We cruised with them on our first cruise and had a great time so we are looking forward to cruising with them again!

Archived