EPIC Spa - overcrowded?

SavvyCruiserNJ

I have not been on the Epic, but I have been on quite a few ships and usually visit the spa at least once. I have never seen a spa very busy and have never had trouble booking appointments at or near my preferred time, even when booking the same day. More than once I have been the only customer in the place. I think they are pricing themselves out of what people are willing to pay. Yet there is this "rush, rush or you might miss out" hype to drum up business. I do realize I am not answering your question - sorry!

Does the spa on the epic tend to be overbooked / crowded? Was on another cruise line recently where this was a problem - wondering if they keep it under control on NCL?

I've only taken the Epic on a transatlantic where there were a lot less people, but while there were plenty of people there (tons of sea days) it wasn't over crowded. There was space in the Jacuzzi, Sauna, Steam room, therapeutic pool etc. They sell a limited amount of spa passes so even on a full ship I wouldn't worry too much about it. Of course it'll also depend on the time you go. Heading to the spa early or around meal times will definitely mean less people.

As for spa services, I booked a few massages and only once had to take a time other than what I'd initially hoped for.

I was on the Epic for a Med cruise last fall - the spa was noisey and there was a lot of people talking and not very relaxing. so you see you are going to get all kinds of experiences.

The Epic spa is wonderful and the best of all the spas so far. But it is very large, with a lot of chairs together and facing each other. The best loungers are on the open balcony, but this is usally full.

After a long day of siteseeing, I need the spa experience, but once I completed all the saunas, whirlpools, heated loungers, etc. I would return to my own balcony.

They only issue a certain number of spa passes for the week - this keeps down the numbers, but again, it can be busy especially on sea days. If you love a spa, I say go for it, but like anything else, if it is prime time for people to go to the spa, it is going to be busy.

I was on a full cruise and we had a spa pass. NCL sells out of couples passes and other spa passes. They only sell so many passes so the place never gets too crowded.

But you can almost have to spa to yourself during 3 times: early mornings, late evenings and port days. One night, we were the only ones in the spa for the last hour

Archived