Carnival Meat Police

FLCruiser001

Hello everyone!:) There used to be lots of discussion about bacon, and sometimes ham, police at the buffets. Can anyone report as to this practice being contined? Thanks!:)

There was a person serving bacon on the Spirit in March, but he always gave me as much as I wanted.

My husband and I were on the Valor in February and they did have the bacon police. One morning the lady in front of us in the buffet line asked the young man why they were doing this and he said it was to discourage people from taking more than they could eat. Then he said that Carnival saved $40,000 a week fleetwide by doing this. That sounds like alot of money but that is what he told her.

The bacon police will serve you all you want, just ask. I like them because it keeps inconsiderate passengers from picking through an entire tray of bacon, breaking up most of the pieces in the process.

There ya go. The Bacon Police are to dole out the bacon to keep from having 40-50% become broken pieces that people will not take. By serving it, you get nice neat strips of bacon rather than bacon crumbs.

Support your local Bacon Police. Ask for MORE.

I am constantly amused by the petty stuff that boardmembers in here get their panties in a bunch over.

As long as it stays on the CC boards I have no problem with the petty stuff.

No on is really paying any attention and it makes for really good entertainment.

It's funny though, no one seems to talk about this stuff onboard.

The bacon police will serve you all you want, just ask. I like them because it keeps inconsiderate passengers from picking through an entire tray of bacon, breaking up most of the pieces in the process.

There ya go. The Bacon Police are to dole out the bacon to keep from having 40-50% become broken pieces that people will not take. By serving it, you get nice neat strips of bacon rather than bacon crumbs.

Support your local Bacon Police. Ask for MORE.

Support your local Bacon police.:D

Oh dear, and there was me thinking that the bacon police were there to arrest the simply disgusting bacon that is usually on offer;);)

I am not sure how it actually deserves the name bacon as it is 90% fat! Here in the UK it is the cheapest cut of bacon and I use it once a year only to put on the breast of the turkey to baste it at Christmas. I would never dream of actually cooking or eating it.

Why on earth is it so popular in America and on cruise ships? With the huge obesity problems now facing the USA it should be banned like huge big Macs and super sized sugary carbonated drinks!

Maybe the bacon police are doing us a favour!::D

Oh dear, and there was me thinking that the bacon police were there to arrest the simply disgusting bacon that is usually on offer;);)

I am not sure how it actually deserves the name bacon as it is 90% fat! Here in the UK it is the cheapest cut of bacon and I use it once a year only to put on the breast of the turkey to baste it at Christmas. I would never dream of actually cooking or eating it.

Why on earth is it so popular in America and on cruise ships? With the huge obesity problems now facing the USA it should be banned like huge big Macs and super sized sugary carbonated drinks!

I'm not sure but I think what the UK calls bacon is a little different then our (USA) Bacon.

I am sure glad there is no obesity problem in England, or anywhere else in the world for that matter. It is just us Americans.

I am sure glad there is no obesity problem in England, or anywhere else in the world for that matter. It is just us Americans.

I was not implying that obesity is an American problem, it certainly affects us in the UK, too!

But it is certainly MORE of a problem.

Mind you, I do feel sorry for all those people who have paid good money to go on a cruise only to find that they cannot pile up their plates with fatty 'bacon.' :D

It's positively outrageous! Carnival should be ashamed of themselves...........

I'm not sure but I think what the UK calls bacon is a little different then our (USA) Bacon.

Yes, what you call 'bacon' we call streaky bacon. It is from the cheapest part of the pig. We eat 'back' bacon which is far less fatty. I think maybe you call it 'Canadian' bacon? We have seen what we call bacon on Celebrity cruises. ;)

LOVE Cheap Trick

Bacon and ham police were on Glory last week. Ridiculous IMO. You can take your own serving of other food and waste it just as easily, so I don't know why manpower is spent on a bacon/ham police person.

I haven't seen bacon police on other cruiselines, just Carnival.

I like having the bacon police. Too many people take a lot of bacon and then throw it away. I think that's part of the reason but, to me, I think the reason it is served is because the lines backed up as people had to find the perfect piece of bacon so that all the pieces of bacon in the whole tray were looked at, scrutinized, broken up etc. while the jerk decided on his/her choice of pieces.

I can't tell you the number of times I went to get bacon for my husband and found it all broken up because of the inconsiderates looking for their extra crispy or not crispy or whatever the heck they were looking for.

I think Carnival's bacon is disgusting so I don't eat it, but I do know one can ask for more and it is given without any trouble. DH loves bacon and that's basically his breakfast so I just ask for more for him.

I saw a young boy with palate of bacon like the above and a banana. Then a little later i saw a different boy with same amount of bacon, a banana and a doughnut! I thought it was pretty funny!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So funny. My husband loves bacon too. He calls it the candy of meat. He still manages to stay below 1 lb in the morning

icon12.gif

Archived