Carnival Meat Police

FLCruiser001

Years ago we would watch people pile it up like they never ate it before then threw it away, food is just to expensive to waste.

I always ask for more and always get it, no problem.

I saw one man several years ago when bacon was self serve fill up one heaping plate of it. It must have been at least 4 packages of it. I hope that he is okay. That kind of diet cannot be good for you.

Hello everyone!:) There used to be lots of discussion about bacon, and sometimes ham, police at the buffets. Can anyone report as to this practice being contined? Thanks!:)

I've been on 9 carnival cruises. Last one only 4 months ago in May. I have never had anyone limit my intake of ham or bacon. Infact in the MDR when I ask for a "very small" side of bacon I end up getting half a plate full. I wish they would offer smaller servings. Besides, if you do want more just tell them! I had a waiter misunderstand on formal night and bring me 3 lobsters! They don't seem concerned with rationing food.

The Bacon police was on the Magic in June.

If you want more, just ask.

They will give you more.

I guess the bacon is the most expensive item on the buffet.

Then again I see so many people load up their plates and not eat most of it.

The meat police, they live inside of my head.

The meat police, they come to me in my bed.

The meat police, they're coming to arrest me, oh no.

Did you have to do that? It's stuck in my head now.

I don't know about the bacon served at the buffet on other ships, but I do know the bacon on the Liberty is really lousy.

Thank you! That is some lousy greasy bacon (just used to the lean thick cut bacon at my local butcher shop - now that's good bacon).

The meat police, they live inside of my head.

The meat police, they come to me in my bed.

The meat police, they're coming to arrest me, oh no.

LOVE Cheap Trick

Bacon and ham police were on Glory last week. Ridiculous IMO. You can take your own serving of other food and waste it just as easily, so I don't know why manpower is spent on a bacon/ham police person.

I haven't seen bacon police on other cruiselines, just Carnival.

Bacon and ham police were on Glory last week. Ridiculous IMO. You can take your own serving of other food and waste it just as easily, so I don't know why manpower is spent on a bacon/ham police person.

The issue is cost. Meat costs more to produce and to purchase than grain, fruits, eggs, etc. Carnival loses more money with wasted bacon than with wasted bread, for example; I guess there's enough difference to cover the salary of a bacon police employee.

No, they serve (a reasonable amount to) you.

It is my understanding that you can always go back and get more. The intent is to keep piggy people from taking far more than they can eat, then throwing it out.

I was on the NCL Spirit last spring and the guy in front of me took ALL of the bacon that was at the buffet. I'm talking 15-20 slices. Now I don't know if he was getting bacon for everyone in his group but when he left none for me, I labeled him a pig in my mind. I couldn't believe it.

This is one thing people should just stop stressing about. There is no meat "police", the only reason they do this is because bacon is sticky and there is so much waste done when people aren't careful. No employee will refuse to give you more bacon.

TA DA

Every question has a logical answer. Why is it that people seem to see something that isn't there??????

I don't know about the bacon served at the buffet on other ships, but I do know the bacon on the Liberty is really lousy. It's limp and greasy and not very flavorful.:eek: After the first morning, I took ham. I like my bacon to be crisp and have the grease drained off. I will gladly give up the greasy, limp, lousy bacon to anyone that wants it. Just please save me a couple of slices of ham. Fair enough?

Try the bacon on a room service BLT. For some reason, it just tastes better on the sandwhich than it does at breakfast.

I don't know about the bacon served at the buffet on other ships, but I do know the bacon on the Liberty is really lousy. It's limp and greasy and not very flavorful.:eek: After the first morning, I took ham. I like my bacon to be crisp and have the grease drained off. I will gladly give up the greasy, limp, lousy bacon to anyone that wants it. Just please save me a couple of slices of ham. Fair enough?

Had bacon on the Conquest and Pride and I agree with you. No taste - just very rubbery. I like my bacon crisp and tasty!

Since Carnival is taking away the "CHOG" complaint we needed another pork product to gripe about?

I AM KIDDING!

<<<Disclaimer>>>

This board posting has no tone. Any tone assigned to it - rude, sarcastic, funny or otherwise was assigned by the reader. If you do not like the tone of this message, look in the mirror!

:D

Need a pot stirring smilie!

We just got off the Valor on 9/9. The main buffet on the Lido Deck had no bacon police, you could take all you wanted. The outside Off The Grill on the Lido Deck did have bacon police but you could ask for more and they would give it to you

I was on the Freedom last week. The bacon and ham police were there!

There is a great amount of wasted food on the cruise ships, guests tend to fill their plates with more food then they will probably eat. When you think about it do you waste food when you're at home if you dont why do you on the cruise ships, food is food. I've been on cruise ships and you would think some guests never ate before the way food is stacked on their plates. I would not care about the bacon and ham police besides I do not eat bacon or ham.

Gary

Got to love bacon.

115.jpg

I saw a young boy with palate of bacon like the above and a banana. Then a little later i saw a different boy with same amount of bacon, a banana and a doughnut! I thought it was pretty funny!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This is one thing people should just stop stressing about. There is no meat "police", the only reason they do this is because bacon is sticky and there is so much waste done when people aren't careful. No employee will refuse to give you more bacon.

TA DA

Every question has a logical answer. Why is it that people seem to see something that isn't there??????

Heh, heh, heh!:D Looks like we found two people who are stressed out! Heh, heh, heh!:D

Archived