Carnival Meat Police

FLCruiser001

On the Victory in July a person doled out bacon at the main buffet but not at the smaller ones. It was weird if you went to the main buffet they gave you a few pieces but it you went to one of the sub buffets where they made omelettes and stuff you could take all you wanted.

wow....never heard of this!

I don't eat a lot of bacon or ham though :(

Do they watch you to make sure you don't take a lot?

They actually dole it out to you. Last cruise I was on he gave me my allotment, then looked at me and said "Just a minute you need more than that." Then he gave me 4 more pieces. I'm a big boy, but not that big. My wife was snickering behind me.

going on Freedom in a few weeks .... I watch what I eat for weeks before so I can enjoy what I want while cruising and one of the things I love is breakfast .... love bacon and usually a piece of ham .... what if I 'ask' for more when they dole it out? Do they say no? Never ran into this on RCCI or HAL ..... :confused:

Do they watch you to make sure you don't take a lot?
No, they serve (a reasonable amount to) you.

It is my understanding that you can always go back and get more. The intent is to keep piggy people from taking far more than they can eat, then throwing it out.

going on Freedom in a few weeks .... I watch what I eat for weeks before so I can enjoy what I want while cruising and one of the things I love is breakfast .... love bacon and usually a piece of ham .... what if I 'ask' for more when they dole it out? Do they say no? Never ran into this on RCCI or HAL ..... :confused:

No worries, they give you all you want. I had to tell them "Only 2 please". You'll love the Freedom. Have a great cruise.

It is my understanding that you can always go back and get more. The intent is to keep piggy people from taking far more than they can eat, then throwing it out.

I understand Carnival or any cruise line not wanting to waste food..But there are so many other items on the buffet that you take on your own and I witnessed on The Freedom half the food being thrown away..why bacon :confused:

Then you have the Didja menu in the MDR...They encourage you to try it and if you don't like it then it's garbage! I tried the escargot and didn't like it..what happens to it? It ends up in the trash can

I'm still scratching my head about the 'Bacon Police' when I was on The Freedom last month

I understand Carnival or any cruise line not wanting to waste food..But there are so many other items on the buffet that you take on your own and I witnessed on The Freedom half the food being thrown away..why bacon :confused:
Hell if I know. Maybe because when the bacon runs out when people are taking too much at one time, the buffet lines back up?

I loathe buffets, so for me it's not an issue. I eat whatever my waiter brings me. ;)

This is one thing people should just stop stressing about. There is no meat "police", the only reason they do this is because bacon is sticky and there is so much waste done when people aren't careful. No employee will refuse to give you more bacon.

I agree. If you ask for more, they will give it to you, without saying anything. But you do have to ask, which may be offputting to some people. (But I myself don't care:D) But I actually prefer it. Because when you go to a buffet without someone handing out bacon, MY experience of what happens (others may disagree) is that the bacon gets tangled up and someone goes to get some bacon and a whole pile comes up. Eventually it breaks up the bacon and you end up with bits and pieces (which is usuallly when I get to the line). Or you have to wait forever for people to pick out the perfect piece of bacon. :rolleyes:

If have never heard them refuse anyone bacon. I LOVE bacon so usually I ask for more. Then after I am finished if we still want more bacon we will go back up. Usually neither of us do, unless we did not find anything else to eat.

Bacon police! Too funny. Never experienced this on NCL although I only take 2 or 3 pieces and ususally give one of those to DH (see if he eats it it doesn't go to waste). They had big trays of crispy and softer and they didn't appear to be stuck together or mangled in little pieces.

You can get as much meat as you wish... all you have to do is ask.

I'm glad the "police" are there; I'm sure it prevents all the waste from people grabbing buckets full of meat that they won't eat, and speeds up the line from those who take their time sifting thru the pan searching for that perfect piece.;)

While I know DH will gripe (he LOVES his bacon)... there is nothing worse then seeing people LOAD UP their plates and then leave them mostly full on the table.

I don't know about the bacon served at the buffet on other ships, but I do know the bacon on the Liberty is really lousy. It's limp and greasy and not very flavorful.:eek: After the first morning, I took ham. I like my bacon to be crisp and have the grease drained off. I will gladly give up the greasy, limp, lousy bacon to anyone that wants it. Just please save me a couple of slices of ham. Fair enough?

I never heard of bacon police you mean they limit the amount of bacon you to eat?

If your being served the bacon can't you ask for double amount?

I do take more bacon on carnival only because alot of the times it is burnt on the edges, hate burnt meat of any kind...then sometimes its too fatty so take the fat off. But Carnivals bacon is the most greasy!!

Archived