It's official...no more fcc

Elaine515

Yeah Fire, but I wonder if my stock-holders OBC is next??.......Dennis

Now if they stopped that OBC I think that they would see a sell off of folks that own the stock for the sole purpose of OBCs. Would that make a difference to the value? Not sure as I don't know the number of shares owned for primarily that purpose...hope that does not evolve though.

More of CCLs cost cutting IMO --Can"t believe they think this will make more people sail with them.

Not me

Me either, but then I read some of the comments on The Brand Ambassadors™ Facebook page.

I swear Carnival could take their first born and these people would still fly the "Carnival is great value" flag. :rolleyes:

Could someone tell me exactly what it says? I tried to open it but just get a bunch or red and blue bars.

No more FCCs, period full stop. Currently in circulation FCCs will be valid until their expiry date.

You can still get up to $200 OBC if you book a cruise on board. No mention (so probably gone) of the friends and family coupons.

:( we usually have an extra $100 to buy a FCC, but we don't usually have an extra $1000 for deposits on our next cruise. (4 people x $250 each)

To secure the room and the rate you can assign the room to one person and just pay a single deposit. The total double rate is not due till final payment. We always secure our rooms this way for the first few months we book.

Maybe the other lines can charge enough to still be profitable.

Clearly Carnival is cutting everything back that was giving customers benefits they did not pay extra for.

what changes have I missed?

Paying for cappuchino and espresso now $2.95, previously free in the MDR.

This started on the Breeze with the claim that its a new ship with "new and better espresso machines"...but the charge is being reported on other ships now including Fantasy class ships that do not have the 2.0 upgrades.

Well I have 2 that I bought on the Destiny in May and was planning on buying 2 more in November on the Libery. I guess I won't be doing that now.

Its not alot of money to front and I thought the benefit was there especially with them being fully refundable. I guess Carnival now thinks the $100 up front isn't worth it anymore. I don't see many people booking cruises while onboard. I know I won't. :(

To secure the room and the rate you can assign the room to one person and just pay a single deposit. The total double rate is not due till final payment. We always secure our rooms this way for the first few months we book.

No longer... two deposits are requred now. :(

Heald posted something about it and my PVP let me know this as well..I think it took effect in Aug.

I am not sure how a company eliminating incentives to sail with them will increase demand for their product. Increasing demand is the only way to increase prices for their ships. Fewer bookings means cheaper prices.

I wasn't planning to book after my next cruise in October but I was planning to buy another fcc. This made my decision easy. I will waited out until there is a new regime at Carnival. These changes are ridiculous.

I think low economic performance is code for Carnival was not making money on this promo.

Its not about getting loyal customers back on Carnival, if they are loyal, they will be back anyway.

Everything lately is about the bottom line. I kept pointing out earnings were not doing that well, with all the write offs etc. Two Costa ships out of commission .. someone has to pay.

I agree and I still have 3 ....:)

I am not sure how a company eliminating incentives to sail with them will increase demand for their product. Increasing demand is the only way to increase prices for their ships. Fewer bookings means cheaper prices.

I wasn't planning to book after my next cruise in October but I was planning to buy another fcc. This made my decision easy. I will waited out until there is a new regime at Carnival. These changes are ridiculous.

It is a great tool tought in busness school get people money invance ..

Oh Boy! I really hate to hear this!That was one "perk" we always took advantage of. As you can see by my signature, Im a loyal Carnival Cruiser, but between you and me I have been surfing other lines websites out of curiosity. Not saying Im willing to give up that free Platinum gift yet, but ......:rolleyes:

Maybe the other lines can charge enough to still be profitable.

Clearly Carnival is cutting everything back that was giving customers benefits they did not pay extra for.

Someone said they were told on one of their cruises that Carnival's new direction was to pay ala carte for things. The new all you can drink program.. people pay in advance, the new VIP boarding, people pay in advance extra for this too.

this was a benefit to loyal customers, did not make extra money for carnival .. poof.

Cut backs to the loyalty program.. again to benefit the bottom line.

Cut out the fun farewell party with free drinks.. .. save money for Carnival.

More pay restaurants on Breeze and Magic .. more revenue..

Its clearly about generating more revenue .. every one of these changes.

2.0, add more bars for more revenue.

Adding more 180 cabins to sunshine and renaming it.. more cabins equal more revenue for the same ship.

Changing the family OVs to balconys.. can sell the balconys for more money.

change to comfort food, chicken costs less to serve, lots of fried chicken now, we had it offered every night one cruise. Luckily I like fried chicken, but it was obviously cost cutting measure.

4 fantasy class ships so far OVs changed to balconys, which sell for more money.

solos now have to pay two deposits to book .. more money upfront for carnival.

And now FCCs, the only way to get the OBC is to put up full deposits and book onboard, so Carnival has more money upfront for longer.

what changes have I missed?

Taking down the whale tail and putting up the Golden Arches.

I think low economic performance is code for Carnival was not making money on this promo.

Its not about getting loyal customers back on Carnival, if they are loyal, they will be back anyway.

Everything lately is about the bottom line. I kept pointing out earnings were not doing that well, with all the write offs etc. Two Costa ships out of commission .. someone has to pay.

I agree with Fly. They have changed their focus. I am sure we will have the normal trolls drop in here in a few and call us all greedy bastards and that we should be thankful that Carnival is giving us such great value for our money.

Archived