It's official...no more fcc

Elaine515

Seems to me they are doing away with the certificate but you can still book while on a ship and receive an OBC - doesn't seem unreasonable to me

I bought my lst FCC last cruise (Oct. on the Dream) and I am going to use on my next cruise - 8 days off :) - Paradise on 9/22.. BUT I do not want to book a cruise while on the boat in 8 days. I have a dd in HS and we do not yet have the school calendar a yr. off for Oct. 2013. The fall break week off we prefer to cruise (hurricane season rates :) varies the week in Sept. or Oct. Her school system sometimes decides about Feb. for the next school yr. So booking while on board for a cruise a yr. later does not work for us.

But I do plan to buy one - if not two while on board since we barely make the new cut-off. Just wanted to point out people who cruise about once a yr. don't know a year in advance if they can get off work a certain week, or that their child will be out of school etc. that far to book..:confused:

But if you know the one to use, it still works. I emailed my request in a couple weeks ago and got a confirmation response in a couple of days.

that has nothing to do with my point though.. why remove it?

someone posted above a rep told her that they are going to do away with this benefit too.

Maybe it was posted on another thread .. but someone posted someone at Carnival told them that.. could be confused with FCCs, but who knows.

Vince,

You must have missed it, there is no single deposit any longer because of people like you. It's now at least a double deposit no matter if there is only 1 booked. Thanks a lot! You now will have to pay for both you up front, while I technically can pay almost the entire cost of a cruise.

Your Very Welcome!!!!!....hey they look for every angle to pinch a penny and so do I:D

Yes there are lots of new cruisers out there and it appears (as confirmed to me by my TA) that targeting the first timer is their policy but its a short sighted one. We went on the Fantasy in 2001 and had a great time. We then did a bunch of RCI and a couple years ago decided to try Carnival again. So we did 3 Carnival cruises in a row and gave it, I believe, a fair shot.

To say I was disappointed is an understatement. The food in the MDR was so below the quality of the Fantasy that I was shocked. No more live entertainment on deck, just that big friggin TV blaring out concerts or CNN all the time - I can stay home for that. No more steaks in the MDR. Sorry, flat iron steak is not a steak to be served in a MDR, in fact I wouldn't put it on my BBQ. The quality of the shows in the theatre is along the lines of something you'd see at a high school variety show and it was the same bloody show on all 3 ships and no professional entertainers in the theatres was really a turn off.

Now, I treat nickels like manhole covers so the price was very appealing which is why I gave it 3 chances. As the third cruise was approaching I felt something I had never experienced before - I actually was not looking forward to it after 2 very lack lustre cruises. The third was no better.

My point is this: as a founding member of the Royal Order of Cheapskates, when I turn down a savings of $200-$300 to cruise on another line because I'd rather pay the extra knowing I'm getting quality for my money, then there's something really sub-par going on. This withdrawing of the FCC is just another nickel and dime affair by Carnival to save a few pennies at the expense of returning customers.

Short-sighted and dumb and the only way they'll change their ways is for people to talk with their wallets.

With all the whining on this thread one would think they were in Canada where it's a national pass time......Your last statement is the only one that matters.......if you don't like it...don't buy it....the problem is that too many are still buying it and so Carnival waters down the bottle a little more....can't blame them for selling it if enough people buy it and they make money on it.....That said...

I AM CANADIAN.....and I hate it too........Dag Nam It!!!!

Best way to have your voice heard is to move to another cruise line and make sure Carnival knows it. To me complaining about this is like fighting for scraps at the rich man's table. Make enough noise and maybe, just maybe he'll grace you with a few scraps. Let them go pound sand somewhere. People have been complaining on this board for 2 years now about lack of live entertainment on deck, low quality food and cut backs in the MDR among a myriad of other things. So, show them you mean business, take your vacation dollars elsewhere.

Its the only way they'll truly listen.

I AM CANADIAN....NOW STOP STEALING MY THOUGHTS AND POSTING THEM!!!!!!

that has nothing to do with my point though.. why remove it?

someone posted above a rep told her that they are going to do away with this benefit too.

Maybe it was posted on another thread .. but someone posted someone at Carnival told them that.. could be confused with FCCs, but who knows.

Fire - Are you referring to post #81? I think she did mean the FCC's were disappearing. The post was a little confusing.

I'm not really concerned with what Carnival does, because I only sail Carnival when appropriate itineraries on HAL or Princess aren't available. However, since these cruiselines are owned by Carnival, the possibility exists that they might try to roll this "improvement" out across the corporation. I also wonder whether they might be looking at the Stockholder Cruise benefits, since Royal Caribbean eliminated their program.

Are the other lines under the Carnival Corp umbrella also cutting back? I just havent seen that on their boards, maybe I missed it. Surely, Carnival Cruise line isnt expected to take on the entire burden of Costa.

Any way you do the accounting, the cost of the Costa disaster still rolls up to the Carnival Corporation Bottom Line.

i have concluded that the Carnival beards have mush for brains! I can tellyou that, personally, the ability to purchase a future Cruise certificate and get some OBC was directly responsible for at least a few of our Carnival cruises.

Few of us can afford to pay the full deposit that early and Like others have said, cannot possibly commit to a vacation date without checking work calenders etc.

Last, but not least, the Friends and family vouchers plan is also poorly thought out. Why do they have to book on the same ship and sailing that the original host books? What difference does it make? Why do they only have 60 days to book? If the purpose of the program is to get people booked on a cruise, let them book any cruise they want.

Ok so I understand no more FCC will be sold after next week. I miss the buying of them by one week. We leave on the 29th! So I still have one FCC from my last cruise. Can I cancel it and get a refund?????? I am not sure that I will cruise with Carnival before the expiration date. With all of the changes we want to look at other cruise lines. Any information about getting a refund???

Thanks

Ok so I understand no more FCC will be sold after next week. I miss the buying of them by one week. We leave on the 29th! So I still have one FCC from my last cruise. Can I cancel it and get a refund?????? I am not sure that I will cruise with Carnival before the expiration date. With all of the changes we want to look at other cruise lines. Any information about getting a refund???

Thanks

They are refundable I think you just call the 1800 number.

Yes, we are VERY upset about no more FCCs. We had every intention of buying more for our upcoming cruises, and can't believe that they cancelled.

HONESTLY, we have no idea why they would do this.

Money, money, money!!! Why would they want to give you a free $100???? Carnival is making way to many cuts now. Our next vacation will be with another cruise line or a land vacation. On land I can wear what I want to dinner, bring my own booze to the hotel and have better food.

I agree-time to move on.

Archived