Carribean versus Mediterean middle east cruise wear

helpme

Yes. Fewer swimsuits and better walking shoes:D Long skirts for church/mosque/monastery sightseeing. And yes, weather much more variable. My bag options will probably differ (luggage and daily purse/bag for sightseeing) It's likely I'd be doing a land stay at one or both ends of the trip and want to be able to get myself and my luggage around easily on my own.

Is there a differance in the clothes that you would take to a med cruise versus the carribean.

Depends on the time of year but in general I wear more short sleeves and brighter clothes in the Caribbean. Last year we went to Turkey and Egypt on a cruise and I stuck to long sleeves shirts (or at least a long sleeve sweater to wear) and pants. Long skirts would work as well.

I'm not a flip flip person in general but many people wear them when visiting the Caribbean, I'd go for walking shoes or sneakers for a Med/ME cruise because the terrain in some places can be more undulating. HTH Enjoy your cruise! :)

Agree with everything above. Plus, the dress on the ship is alot more casual too. Formal nights are not so much formal. I only saw a few long gowns on our Med cruise last summer, only one tux. I had a cocktail dress with sequins and I was one of the dressier ones there.

For our upcoming med cruise next spring, I'm just bringing a couple of nice dresses, not really cocktail to wear. So much easier when packing.

Also, the walking shoes and something that covers your knees/shoulders is a must. I wore alot of sundresses and then took a lightweight short sleeved sweater to go in places.

Very different.

I always dress modestly when traveling in regions where we might be in and out of churches, cathedrals, mosques. In Caribbean, I wear capri and jerseys but in Europe, I wear long pants or full long flowy sort of skirts and tops. Comfortable but respectful.

In Caribbean, I wear sandals but in Europe good walking shoes.

Dress for evenings on the ships are similar but it's the clothes I wear ashore that differ.

I find the dressing on board and off more conservative with darker colors, esp. amongst the locals.More covered up too. They dressed well at dinner(Celebrity) .Bring really sturdy sports shoes for all those cobblestones. Fickle weather. Had 8 days straight in Italy one Spring.

We are travelling from Athens to Dubai and have 2 tours booked I was thinking a long sun dress with a cardigan as it will be hot to slip over when needed do you think that would work

If your sundress isn't really low cut showing lots of skin and you plan to cover at least your shoulders, it should be okay. I would be more apt to bring a 3/4 sleeve button front blouse I could slip over the dress. A cardigan could be awfully warm on one of those sizzling hot days. Maybe a wrinkle resistent top with some spandex to keep it from getting all creased.

A plain neutral wrap you could cover up especially your shoulders you could slip on and off as needed. It would fold up easily into a purse or small tote you might be carrying. Very handy for being modest enough to slip into a mosque or cathedral etc

Archived