Shrimp Cocktail

southernfocus

On my last cruise in May of 2012, I ate shrimp cocktail every night at dinner. I just looked at the menus and it is only in there 1 night. I saw the picture on zydeco and it wasn't

the usual glass with sauce and shrimp over the edge of the glass.

Would my server get me a shrimp cocktail if I ask or am I out of luck?

I just got off the Valor yesterday, and the Shrimp Cocktail was on the Everyday Menu as a starter on all days of the cruise. I notice it's not on zydecocrusier.com's recent Everyday menus, but it was definitely there this past week. Enjoy!

Yes, not updated yet.

They also got rid of the chips and salsa and added spring rolls.

Yes, not updated yet.

They also got rid of the chips and salsa and added spring rolls.

I loved the chips and guacamole, but it was such a small amount, I had to order two. I liked that one.. but I like spring rolls too if they are good. I can get chips and salsa at home.

I am still bewildered as to why people get so hung up on a shrimp cocktail,

unless it is just part of the "cruise experience" they think of.:confused:

There is very little that is easier to prepare at home, it is quick, easy and

relatively inexpensive.

Warm Chocolate Melting Cake on the otherhand... takes a lot more time and effort to prepare.

I still haven't tried to do it.

relatively inexpensive.

Warm Chocolate Melting Cake on the otherhand... takes a lot more time and effort to prepare.

Maybe because you don't have to prepare it? Now go microwave you chicken pot pie ;)

Not easy I have to drive 3 miles to the shrimp boat, come home, cook it, chill it, go to the store to make the home made cocktail sauce and pick fresh lemons out back.

How is yours so easy? Frozen shrimp and some sauce?

Maybe because you don't have to prepare it? Now go microwave you chicken pot pie ;)

Not easy I have to drive 3 miles to the shrimp boat, come home, cook it, chill it, go to the store to make the home made cocktail sauce and pick fresh lemons out back.

How is yours so easy? Frozen shrimp and some sauce?

About as tough as yours:rolleyes:, except I drive to a local store that has fresh shrimp.

I make my sauce, don't use lemons and I use the microwave for a storage cabinet

for chips, crackers and stuff!

I can also use frozen shrimp if I want.

You can bet that you are eating them on the cruise.;)

Like I said ..easy

relatively inexpensive.

I just like shrimp cocktail...is that okay with you?:rolleyes: I am not hung up on it...I just want it every night of my cruise. I live on the coast and I eat it often.

I also eat the melting chocolate cake every night...sometimes, I eat two! :eek:

relatively inexpensive.

When I need a shrimp fix, I go to Walmart, buy frozen cleaned shrimp, let them defrost. Buy my cocktail sauce, open the lid. This doesn't limit you to 4 shrimp per eating session, you can make a cheap meal out of them. So, why do people have to wait for a cruise? They are available at your local grocery store.

When I need a shrimp fix, I go to Walmart, buy frozen cleaned shrimp, let them defrost. Buy my cocktail sauce, open the lid. This doesn't limit you to 4 shrimp per eating session, you can make a cheap meal out of them. So, why do people have to wait for a cruise? They are available at your local grocery store.

And the ones on the ship are not very good either. Get the 16/20's or 26/30's at your local store....much better.:o:o:o

Must be a reason then why restaurants charge something like $9 for them as an appetizer.

Personally I only eat them on a cruise, or if they are offers at a cocktail party or during cocktail hour at a party. Have never bought them at the market for anything other than a shrimp meal, like scampi.

Archived