Hotels in Miami

Labarador

There are many on the beach you dont say what your budget is but if you have the money The Fountainebleau in the north end of Miami beach is a one of a kind historic landmark and luxe. hotel. They did a many million dollar remake right before the crash and are on rough times . You just may get a fair price for this one of a kind resort. Belive me if you ever get the chance to stay there you will not forget it.

As forementioned there's the Fountainebleau which is a major player with tons of history and real estate to boot, but we enjoyed Loews much better. It's a 2 building hotel located on Collins Ave, directly on the beach, and is in the heart of South Beach. Yes it is pricey but there are deals out there. For us just being in South Beach on Collins Ave was worth it. Sorry, but I can't remember the distance from there to the pier.

Check out 123stay.com. We have gotten excellant hotel prices from them. Always less than calling the hotel directly or walking in. They are only in cities with airports or cruise ports. They will give hotel and prices and you can look up what they give you as to locations.

We stayed in the South Beach - and the taxi trip to the port was around $20-25, and we'd do it again. The hotel itself was just OK, we looked for something cheap, Clinton had a special, the area is nice, but I'd try another hotel.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived