Need suggestions for brunch drinks

thelmalou

Thanks for the suggestions! I had to google most of them to see the ingredients, but they all sound good. Not sure if I'm ready for clam juice, but maybe I'll be brave and give it a try!

I am not big on other than shrimp and lobster for seafood..my granny used to like it and have not thought of it until reading here..i thought of it more as a meaty taste with tomatoe like a meat broth..it was not bad..but still get not liking...

Harvey Wallbanger and there even was a cake of same name we used to make in crockpot..LOL..hmmmmm..everything makes me teary..just lost my mom just had this flashback..ok

It is oj, Vodka, and a dash of Galiano..a yellow Italian licqour on top..a bottle of this in a tall skinny bottle lasts forever..we have it on Christmas with after late big nice breakfast present opening...Sarah

Harvey Wallbanger and there even was a cake of same name we used to make in crockpot..LOL..hmmmmm..everything makes me teary..just lost my mom just had this flashback..ok

It is oj, Vodka, and a dash of Galiano..a yellow Italian licqour on top..a bottle of this in a tall skinny bottle lasts forever..we have it on Christmas with after late big nice breakfast present opening...Sarah

Sarah, I always enjoy reading your posts and replies and your "voice in my head" has a very soothing tone of happiness and joy. I am so sorry for your loss. :(

That drink sounds delightful and may have to try it sooner than later.

We typically get what we call a Bloody Pirate which is a Bloody Mary with RUM instead of vodka.

Sangria is a brunch fave for me.

Also pineapple/malibu is light and yummy.

There is a drink called Cruiser, not to be mistaken with THE CRUISER, a CCL signature drink. This cruiser is just a "regular drink you can get on land." :D:p It is Malibu with OJ and pineapple juice. Course, if you left the OJ out it would make more room for the rum! ;);)

All for fun and Fun 4 all,

Thanks so much.....means alot to me..I am blessed by you today..condolences ..and speaking like this helps me and maybe others be real when it hits if it suits them,,,

Thanks for your heart and kindness, I know i will love seeing the Carolina's and Charleston one day..again thanks for indulging me..it is very very hard..but i would not want it any other way...and i know she is ok...:( but sigh..talking about it helps me...twas a virus that got her heart..most get it as a kid and no issue...not good at 76, just learned the particulars yesterday for sure..and just 7 weeks now...

I enjoy that drink..more in 80's and 90's than now..can be too much sweet and acid without a meal..LOL..

But i do enjoy that drink on Christmas morning and i am doing our first holiday w/o mom..we always do them all as family..Halloween..your drink is a great idea for rum lovers..maybe I will have it as an option to try a tasting then..

My current favorite male singer is backing up Atlantico rum (Enrique Iglesias..LOL)...does it matter..light or dark?? and i bet maybe a plain light one better, think dark are different sweetnesses..I know some folks like in Caribbean are sweet but bet yours is not ..but not sure..went to Baccardi in Puerto Rico in 1992 and nice bottles from there lasted me a LONGGGGG time..LOL...sarah

PS...A friend here loved cruising from there!!! Godspeed to you all. Just reading your review... Sorry for intermission...back to morning drinks...thanks all..

Are you talking about the free drink coupon? You could only use it on the classic cocktails, soda or specialty coffee. I tried to get a non-alcoholic daiquiri at lunch, and we were told no. No mixed drinks, no frozen...just the classic cocktails. :mad:

Are you talking about the free drink coupon? You could only use it on the classic cocktails, soda or specialty coffee. I tried to get a non-alcoholic daiquiri at lunch, and we were told no. No mixed drinks, no frozen...just the classic cocktails. :mad:

That's discrimination to those who don't / can't drink for medical or other reasons- do you have to have an AA membership card or letter from your doctor to get a non alcoholic drink?:eek:

Bloody Marys... Mimosas... Anything else? I'm not usually much of a drinker (especially at breakfast:)), but, hey, it's free at the Punchliner Brunch. Why not try something new? Any suggestions?

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO thelmalou: Depends on what you are eating, but, did you think of trying a nice glass of wine?

That's discrimination to those who don't / can't drink for medical or other reasons- do you have to have an AA membership card or letter from your doctor to get a non alcoholic drink?:eek:

No kidding. I'm not a drinker and can't have caffeine. I just said to bring me any of the cocktails. I left it and didn't drink it. I know it's petty, but I thought it was wrong. I even offered to pay the difference but was told no. I'm thinking they had the cocktails made up already so they could bring them out quicker. Both parties on either side of us were angry they couldn't get the drink they wanted.

We went to lunch in the DR to use the coupons. The hostess was asking everybody in line if anybody just wanted their drink and no lunch. Those people went to a different area, got their drink and left. Thought that was pretty nice of them to do.

I am not big on other than shrimp and lobster for seafood..my granny used to like it and have not thought of it until reading here..i thought of it more as a meaty taste with tomatoe like a meat broth..it was not bad..but still get not liking...

Wow i haven't heard Harvey Wallbanger's in years. My grandmother played cards with her friends when i was a kid and that's the drink they had on Friday nights, i couldn't remember the name of that drink so thanks.:)

what are the classic cocktails?

Wow i haven't heard Harvey Wallbanger's in years. My grandmother played cards with her friends when i was a kid and that's the drink they had on Friday nights, i couldn't remember the name of that drink so thanks.:)

LOL..i am 52..it is a funny one from that era..my Mimi made her own Galleano...LOL...her gals all played until 95 and had the bridge drink!!!:):cool:

what are the classic cocktails?

Check out page 2 through the link below. There are 6 drinks that Carnival has listed as "classic". I have drunk them all except for the cruiser since I do not like coconut. The long island iced tea is your best bang for the buck and the Mojito when made with Bacardi Razz gives it a nice twist.

http://zydecocruiser.net/Carnival-Bar-Menu/CarnivalCruiseBarMenu.htm

No kidding. I'm not a drinker and can't have caffeine. I just said to bring me any of the cocktails. I left it and didn't drink it. I know it's petty, but I thought it was wrong. I even offered to pay the difference but was told no. I'm thinking they had the cocktails made up already so they could bring them out quicker. Both parties on either side of us were angry they couldn't get the drink they wanted.

We went to lunch in the DR to use the coupons. The hostess was asking everybody in line if anybody just wanted their drink and no lunch. Those people went to a different area, got their drink and left. Thought that was pretty nice of them to do.

I posted on JH's Facebook awhile ago if the coupon could be used for a virgin Miami vice and he said no problems. I don't drink. I don't like coffee. This is my only perk. I'm gonna be ticked if I can't after he said yes. Doesn't the coupon say any drink under $10?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted on JH's Facebook awhile ago if the coupon could be used for a virgin Miami vice and he said no problems. I don't drink. I don't like coffee. This is my only perk. I'm gonna be ticked if I can't after he said yes. Doesn't the coupon say any drink under $10?

I cannot remember exactly, but it did state classic cocktail, soda and something else. The enforcement on ships might vary, but on the Paradise we were out of luck.

Check out page 2 through the link below. There are 6 drinks that Carnival has listed as "classic". I have drunk them all except for the cruiser since I do not like coconut. The long island iced tea is your best bang for the buck and the Mojito when made with Bacardi Razz gives it a nice twist.

http://zydecocruiser.net/Carnival-Bar-Menu/CarnivalCruiseBarMenu.htm

TYVM! That is a good lot to choose from. I prefer the juicy drinks as they cover the taste of the alcohol better.

Thanks for this great thread, very interesting and fun. I think we'll be sailing as Gold level and was not aware that we'd get any free drinks, so a nice treat!

My first Harvey Wallbanger was on the Oceanic in 1970, wow seems a whole lifetime ago, which it was:) We also experimented then with something called a Singapor Sling, which I haven't heard about since! m--

I cannot remember exactly, but it did state classic cocktail, soda and something else. The enforcement on ships might vary, but on the Paradise we were out of luck.

That's lame. According to the bar menu a virgin daiquiri is cheaper than their classic cocktails. Lame lame lame.

Archived