Carnival Destiny B2B Epic Review! Tons of Pics, Menus, Food, FunTimes, & Documents!!!

dvdkndy

The Deli looks wonderful...where is it located on the ship?

There is a Mongolian place on the starboard side hallway in between the main pool of the lido and the Sun & Sea Restaurant. Exactly opposite of that on the port side of the hallway, you will find the New York Deli. Hope this helps.

On the side walk leading up to South Beach, people were having picnics, walking their dogs, rollerblading, running, biking, and taking photo shoots! It looked like a really neat part of town.

file-167.jpg

Reaching the beach

file-170.jpg

South Beach on Labor Day = PACKED

file-171.jpg

Boats on the water were plentiful as people were enjoying their holiday weekend.

file-172.jpg

My spare boat coming back in after a friend used it.

file-173.jpg

If you look at this picture close enough, right in the middle, you can see the Carnival Imagination following us out to sea.

file-176.jpg

If you are from Middletown, I know exactly where you are. The senior pastor at our church is from Germantown and he went to Valley View. He was raised in a church in Germantown as well. We also take our youth group up there to play paintball too. Small world right?

Small world indeed. Valley View had quite a few years of great football. Have friends and family there as well. Any tips on the Marriott Biscayne Bay for a great rate.

After a while of standing on our balcony, we went back to the spa for their raffle giveaway. When we got there, all their tours were over so they directed the men and women to the gym through their respective locker rooms. Here are some photos that I took of the men's locker room.

Changing area with lockers on both sides of the room.

file-178.jpg

8 shower stalls

file-179.jpg

file-180.jpg

Sauna that I used on more than one occasion.

file-181.jpg

Steam room which only worked a couple of days during the entire trip.

file-182.jpg

We met in the group fitness area of the gym for the drawing. They gave out 2, $50 off certificates, 2, $100 off certificates, and 1, $200 off certificate.

file-183.jpg

They told us that to get the certificate, you had to come up front and dance for 5 seconds to get your prize. We did not end up winning anything, which was not too bad because dance moves like mine shouldn’t be seen by the human eye! This guy however won a certificate and was more than willing to bust a move.

file-184.jpg

Next it was time to head back and check and see if our luggage had arrived yet. We were thrilled to see our bags waiting at our door and began to unpack and get everything setup in our room. After that it was time to head to our first dinner on the cruise!

We choose Your Time Dining as it allowed us to be flexible with our dining times should something come up during the day. I know there is debate about which is better but we have never had a problem. On our very first cruise, we hit a homerun with our waiter and were hoping to do the same on this cruise.

We were seated immediately and served by our waiter that night. There was slight confusion on his part as we brought our can of pop to dinner with us. We asked him for a glass of ice and also a water too. This seemed to confuse him but he finally figured it out. He had a very heavy accent and so there was a slight language barrier between he and us. He did a good job but we requested a different server the next night.

I tried to take pictures of the menus for everyone and hope that you can see them well. I only took pictures of the menu during the first week because they are the same for the next week.

Every Day Menu

file-187.jpg

Day 1 Menu

file-188.jpg

I chose the Beef Brisket for my main course

file-189.jpg

My wife had the Tilapia

file-190.jpg

For dessert I chose the Cheesecake

file-191.jpg

My wife had the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake

file-1226.jpg

For starters, we ordered the shrimp cocktail but she ate them both as I do not eat it. I would say that most every night I did not order a starter. There was just nothing on there that flipped my switch. I am not that exotic of an eater so this was no big deal to me.

All in all, we had great dinners every night. The first night was our least favorite and that was because of the struggle we had with our server. This was not his fault, nor ours. We just did not understand him well and he did not understand us well. We still left him money, as that is just simply the right thing to do. Every night we were there in the dining room, we always left cash for the server.

I am loving this review. We are on the Destiny in 65 days and reading your trip report is getting me so excited. Can I ask if the sauna and steamroom are co-ed or located in each of the locker room areas?

Thank you for the kind words. To answer your question, the steam room and locker rooms are not co-ed. Though I did not see it myself, I am assuming the ladies have one loacted in their locker rooms. Hope this helps!

OP can you post the daily papers please. We leave in a month and your review might not be done but then LOL.:D Thanks

I will be posting the Fun Times at the end of each day that I am talking about. I am pacing myself on the review because it is very hard to write it all, work my job, and be a good daddy and husband. I am already half way through the trip in my document and am just copying and pasting as I go along. Again, just trying to pace myself so I can leave a buffer should a day come that I may not be able to write.

After dinner, we went and explored the ship to kill some time until Game Show Mania in the Palladium. The sun was just beginning to set and gave us a nice little showing before disappearing in the horizon.

file-193.jpg

file-198.jpg

file-199.jpg

We walked around the track for about a mile to get some type of exercise in. We had been dieting before vacation and one of our goals was to exercise everyday to try and curb the weight gain. They say the average cruiser gains 2 pounds per day. We were going to be there for 10 days so an extra 20 pounds was not something we needed or wanted. When we got home, I weighed myself and found that I had only gained 3 pounds on our B2B cruise. Not too bad if I must say myself!

As we were walking the ship, the wind began blowing and the seas started to get a little rough as a storm was in the distance. You could see it lightning in the clouds and causing some thunder. I thought it would be pretty neat to try to capture a photo of the lightning in the clouds. I think it is a pretty sweet photo! What about you?

file-1784.jpg

I will be posting the Fun Times at the end of each day that I am talking about. I am pacing myself on the review because it is very hard to write it all, work my job, and be a good daddy and husband. I am already half way through the trip in my document and am just copying and pasting as I go along. Again, just trying to pace myself so I can leave a buffer should a day come that I may not be able to write.

I think you're doing a great job!! I'm sure this is hard work, I've never been brave enough to try it myself.

file-198.jpg

Beautiful picture of a very happy couple!!!

Thanks for the response. I know you have a demanding profession. I'm trying to develop patience as a virtue. I'll gather what I have and read along.