What's your favorite song the waiters dance to?

atlcruizr

So I guess one needs to have a specific seating to see this? We are booked for Anytime dining. How do we switch to Late Seating? Ahead of time or on the ship with the Maitre d'?

I don't think I've seen this "show." I've been on the Legend and Spirit for a week each. Hmmm.

On the first cruise I took my GS on, he was two, they did the conga line. I grabbed him and joined in. When we got back to the table he told everyone within ear shot that "I was in a parade!!" He is now six, and still talks of the cruise, the "Camp Cannibal" that he went to, the day at the beach and the MDR attendant named Roni that cut his pizza for him, and he still talks about the parade he was in. I have not told him what it really was, and I never will. But you can bet the entire family that was there, grandparents, great grandparents, aunts and uncles, and family friends will never forget that. Every time we talk about the cruise someone always mentions the parade that Craigy was in, with a smile and a wink. It was a wonderful memory maker for my grandson, and I say don't rob others of a chance to make memories of being in a parade! The CONGA gets my vote!:D

Flo Riders "Low Low Low". I have it in my Cruisin playlist on my iPod!

It's the only one I remember - the whole ritual seems kinda silly to me, but I've been known to be kind of a kill-joy...so I'm trying to be a little more open to Flo-Rida during dessert. :rolleyes:

Then, usually, right when I'm getting into it, they stop the music and get back to work.

I do agree with the TGIF poster earlier, though....impersonal birthday songs from waiters who could care less are kind of a waste. :D

I agree.... it means that they will be kicking me off the ship the next morning :mad::eek:. Even thinking about it makes me a little sad. I don't understand all the negatrons (a new word I picked up in another thread lol) the singing is fun and provides a good time. Live a little. IMHO

I couldn't agree more with you. I love the singing in the dining room. I make sure to bring my camera to dinner every night. I don't know why you wouldn't enjoy this......WHAT A BUNCH OF PARTY POOPERS :p

Hey everyone! I'm pretty new here. I've just recently become addicted to cruising :p

I was just wondering what everyone's favorite song that the MDR waiters sing/dance to? I've heard the songs are not necessarily the same on every ship, so I was curious about what everyone's favorite is? :D

Mine is "Hey Baby" by DJ Otzi

We went on our first Carnival Cruise on the Inspiration with extended family. My Step Dad was one of those people who complained about everything. I felt so bad for our waitress because he was constantly sending his food back because he believed something was wrong with it (no one else had any issues) and he got on her case when his coffee wasn't sitting in front of him the instant he sat down. She kept her smile plastered to her face. I don't think I could have been so pleasant. Well she got her revenge :D. On the night all the waiters did the congo line and sang Hot Hot Hot she came up to him with the microphone and asked "How you feeling?" He didn't have a clue. He looked at her confused and said "Oh, Alright I guess". Our table was in tears. I think of that everytime I hear that song. For Christmas that year we got him a reindeer that sang "How you feeling? Hot Hot Hot :p:D.

So I guess one needs to have a specific seating to see this? We are booked for Anytime dining. How do we switch to Late Seating? Ahead of time or on the ship with the Maitre d'?

I don't think I've seen this "show." I've been on the Legend and Spirit for a week each. Hmmm.

You just need to be there right before the traditional folks are getting their desert. We saw the dances on both the Destiny and Glory when we had anytime.

Archived