Who decides the smoking areas on the ships?

Algebralovr

I see that pretty much all the S-Class ships seem to have 4 smoking areas. I understand that a few areas are needed so that those of us who prefer a predominantly non-smoking ship may enjoy the ship without being tormented by the smoke, but that a few need it.

I am curious if anyone knows who decides where the smoking areas are? In particular, the area headed into the solarium which seems to draw the smoke inside that area.

The 5th floor, near the Bistro on 5 is another location that tends to become polluted as smokers are often is such a hurry they light up before they are out the door, and hover near the door finishing up before heading back inside.

Thanks!

I am curious if anyone knows who decides where the smoking areas are? In particular, the area headed into the solarium which seems to draw the smoke inside that area.

Thanks!

I always complained when they had the smoking area right outside the Solarium on the Port side. They have since moved it back aft so that no longer is a problem of smoke drafting into the Solarium when the auto doors open.

I understand Deck 5 outside the Bistro area is still a problem for the balconies above in the immediate area.

Do you know or can you tell me were are the smoking areas? I'm sailing on silhouette next week and I'd like to know before to know were to go. thanks

Deck 5 Port side (left side facing forward)

Pool deck port side,

Smoking area on the top decks jump around a bit and are occasionally on the starboard side.

Who decides? Who knows?

My guess is that it is not a shipboard decision, other than the occasional times when an adjustment must be made while the ship is taking on fuel, and the smoking area is moved temporarily. Otherwise, there really is not any way to know who decides any rule or regulation that comes down from the Miami office.

The hired hands in Miami who sit in a smoke filled room make the decision.

Smoking in the workplace in Florida was banned in 2003. So there can be no "hired hands in a smoke filled room" in Miami.

You'll have to take another guess.

Smoking in the workplace in Florida was banned in 2003. So there can be no "hired hands in a smoke filled room" in Miami.

You'll have to take another guess.

Ok, it's a man named "Melvin" who constantly listens to a recording of "Some gets in Your Eyes".

I am sure fire marshalls have a say as well... Whatever regulations are put in place you will always have selfish smokers who do not care about rules and will smoke in their cabins or light up just outside designated areas.

I do have to chuckle that so many want to see rules enforced strongly on this ( and i am an avid non smoker) but find it ok to want to break rules and policies about beverage packages, bringing alcohol on board, combinng discounts etc. no not everyone... But if the shoe fits..

I do have to chuckle that so many want to see rules enforced strongly on this ( and i am an avid non smoker) but find it ok to want to break rules and policies about beverage packages, bringing alcohol on board, combinng discounts etc. no not everyone... But if the shoe fits..

The difference is that smokers who bend the rules affect others by their action but all the other issues you mention have no direct impact on other passengers unless they share a glass of their contraband... ;)

I suggest decisions on smoking areas be decided as follows:

- All non-smoking passengers on-board have a vote as to the most appropriate location for smokers (limited only by safety and security rules set by the cruise-line).

I'm sure it will result in a satisfactory result for everyone. :D

I suggest decisions on smoking areas be decided as follows:

- All non-smoking passengers on-board have a vote as to the most appropriate location for smokers (limited only by safety and security rules set by the cruise-line).

I'm sure it will result in a satisfactory result for everyone. :D

My answer would be " get overboard" but i dont own the business and although i hate cigarette smoke i believe it is the companies decision as to how they run their business. If we don't like the decisions or policies made by our employers, the c we do business with etc, then we need to finda new job or do business with other companies.... And magically when that happens... Policies start to change...

Archived