9/16/12 Pride Review

luv2gocruzin

My husband and I, 47 and 43, sailed on the Pride on 9/16/12. We thoroughly enjoyed it. I honestly have no complaints whatsoever. I'm sure if I had LOOKED for something to complain about, I probably could have found something, but I didn't!

Getting on the ship was a breeze- we arrived around 11am and were on the ship enjoying lunch before noon!

We were part of a WONDERFUL Cruise Critic roll call group and had several activities planned. We had a cocktail party, poker cabin crawl and did a Slot Pull- all were a lot of fun and the group was a blast to be with!

Ports of Call activities- at Port Canaveral we rented a car and went to the Kennedy Space Center; at Nassau we did a day pass at The Hilton; lastly, we had been to Freeport before and chose to spend the day on the ship that day.

The food was great all week. On Wednesday we decided to go to David's Steakhouse to celebrate out anniversary- it was delicious.

Getting off the ship was just as easy as getting on- we were off and through customs in about 10 or 15 minutes! Easy peasy..............

Would we sail on the Pride out of Baltimore again? You bet!!!

The sooner the better.................

Any questions? Feel free to ask me :)

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. Nice to hear.

I don't have any questions.

We've done the Pride before, and we'll be on her again in Oct. We've never had any complaints either. :)

Well maybe there is one complaint. The fact that the cruise ends ... I do not like that. ;)

I only have one complaint about the Pride...I'm not on her. But I will be in November!

Thanks for the review. Pride is the one Spirit class ship we haven't been on. We will be doing this same itinerary in Feb. Thinking of the day pass to the Hilton. Is this the hotel you can see/walk to from the ship? Can you give me any other info? Would you recommend it? TIA :)

We are sailing dec 2nd. How was the Hilton day pass? We have that booked. Also where did you rent the car from. We are planning on renting one in port canaveral too

We really enjoyed the Hilton Day Pass. We rented the car from Budget in Port Canaveral. They have a shuttle that picks you up as you get off the ship and takes you to the terminal to get your car. It was really easy and inexpensive!

I received a call from CCL yesterday and the rep told me boarding is 1:30 to 3:30. Did you receive that call and were still able to be onboard before noon or did you just show up and that's how it worked out? Can't wait for the 14th!

I did not get a call from CCL. We took the shuttle from our hotel at 1030, got to the cruise terminal before 11, checked in and then had to be seated to wait to board the ship. We were on before noon.

Thanks for the review. Pride is the one Spirit class ship we haven't been on. We will be doing this same itinerary in Feb. Thinking of the day pass to the Hilton. Is this the hotel you can see/walk to from the ship? Can you give me any other info? Would you recommend it? TIA :)

It is a hotel you can see/walk to from the ship. You can book through bahamascruiseexcursions dot com. I would definately recommend it! The staff was friendly and the resort was beautiful.

I did not get a call from CCL. We took the shuttle from our hotel at 1030, got to the cruise terminal before 11, checked in and then had to be seated to wait to board the ship. We were on before noon.

I talked to DW and once we are ready we will head to the port. Worse case scenario is we sit in the parking lot line looking at the ship for an hour or so. Best case is we are on by noon. (Actually it looks like if things go well we will be arriving around 11:30.)

Archived