What Temperature in Dining rooms?

gazman51

If you are the first in the dining room or lounge, it'll be chilly. Once the room is filling up, it'll be warmer. Which is, of course, why they cool down areas in anticipation of body heat. :) The second sitting in Traditional dining can also start out cool. I wear light sweaters or a shawl.

G'day

Can anyone advise what temperature they usually maintain in the dining rooms and lounge areas on Alaska cruises ?

We are just thinking about what clothing to bring for our May 2013 Alaska cruise

Garry

The weather in Alaska was quite cool for our cruises on the Golden this September. I wore my Columbia fleece vest or a sweater most of the time and DW usually wore a sweater or a fleece also. It was cooler inside than most of our previous cruises, perhaps because it was colder outside. It will probably be cooler on your cruise next May. This was not typical of our previous cruises on Princess.

On Island in May this year Horizon Court was hot and stuffy a lot of the time, especially when you were layered up for glacier days.

MDR as mentioned above, cool but I always had a wrap or jacket.

I always grabbed a fleece or a fleece vest when leaving the cabin as I get cold easily.

I dunno why but to me the ships are always a bit too warm on the Alaska sailings. Maybe they figure everyone is freezing outside so they don't need to run the air that intensely? Our last cruise was a coastal up to Vancouver and weather was perfect and the ship temp was perfect, even slightly on the cooler side.

Then we did a week in Alaska on the Golden and the inside public areas felt hot and stuffy to me. Who knows?

I like it slightly on the chillier side and always take a light cardigan with me to dinner. Definitely didn't need it on the Golden that sailing though. I needed a fan! That was our 2nd Alaska cruise in 5 years and both times were hot. Other sailings elsewhere were fine...

Kath

Thanks for Replys so far

With only a 20kg baggage allowance we want to get the what to bring and what not to bring correct.

Staying under that weight and going to a cold climate and on a holiday with dress rules will not be easy

Garry

Archived