Best snorkeling with beach entry for seniors?

crAZytwinmomma

My inlaws are going to be in Roatan and they have never been snorkeling. They want to know if there is a vendor where they can snorkel off a beach so they can walk into the water and not have to jump off or climb into a boat.

Anyone have an experience they can recommend?

Also if you rent the snorkel equipment is it a "dry" snorkel?

They would like to book this before sailing in November.

I did Bananarama and the snorkeling was very good. We snorkeled for about 90 minutes and then spent the rest of the day enjoying the resort facility.

If they do the other tour as posted it's just the beach and snorkel. I would inform them of their options.

I did Bananarama and the snorkeling was very good. We snorkeled for about 90 minutes and then spent the rest of the day enjoying the resort facility.

If they do the other tour as posted it's just the beach and snorkel. I would inform them of their options.

I am not sure I understand... the reef is to far out from Bananarama to snorkel there..added to that you would have to be dodging all the boats coming and going... Down at Tabyana you have the reef steps from your lounger, no boats to worry about, potties, and food.

What am I missing?

crAZytwinmomma ~ I would recommend bringing your own snorkel and mask, being a third world county... the idea of using public gear is not appealing to me. Its a bit like using a strangers toothbrush. :0)

:confused::confused:

I agree with Guest. This description of Bananrama doesn't fit the needs of the OP. And what did you enjoy about the "resort" facility? :rolleyes:

Archived