Hello, How do i become a share holder?

sassy~one

Is it something that i can do in a day?

Min cost?

thanks so much.

Fin d a broker Purchase 100 shares of CarnivaL cORP AND NEXT CRUISE YOU WILL GET obc DEPENDING THE CABIN YOU CHOOSE

You can ask the cost of shares on your comp

Look for CCL on the NYSE. Currently running around $36.67 per share, so $3667 for 100 shares required for Stockholders benefits. (+ brokers fees) Of course the pricing changes by the minute.

If you use any of CCL's flagged cruise lines, it can come in handy.

I used USAA for my brokerage firm. The biggest issue is making sure you can get your deposit in on time, and then get your stocks. I'm not sure when the cut-off is to get credit as a shareholder.

Look for CCL on the NYSE. Currently running around $36.67 per share, so $3667 for 100 shares required for Stockholders benefits. (+ brokers fees) Of course the pricing changes by the minute.

I used USAA for my brokerage firm. The biggest issue is making sure you can get your deposit in on time, and then get your stocks. I'm not sure when the cut-off is to get credit as a shareholder.

Thanks you so much. I will call USAA right now. Ill compile info from a few places, and make a decision.

thanks again.

One thing. If you and your spouse buy 200 shares of CCL, I don' t think they will give two OBC to you for one cabin, so don't buy extra shares with that thought in mind. I could be mistaken about that, but one time when I traveled with a girlfriend who also had CCL, they wanted to limit us to one shareholders credit for the cabin.

That said, I think over the years, my Carnival stock has been a good investment, and if I cruise 3 times a year, I get the OBC three times, which actually works out to more than a dividend would be (and isn't taxable when I do my taxes:D)

Is it something that i can do in a day?

Min cost?

thanks so much.

no offense, but if you do not know how to become a shareholder in a public compnay, you should NOT be buying stock. the stock market is a gamble at best. to buy stock, gamble, just to get a OBC is silly.

Usaa brokerage should give you your first 25 trades online for free within the first month. I use them for day trading sometimes.

As for is it worth it. Do you cruise a lot on ccl based brands? If so, it could be worth it if you can afford it. I had it for about two years but ended up selling my shares for about a 125% profit.

Note: shareholder benefits are per cabin per cruise based on length. They require a minimum 100 shares, but you don't increase your obc by having more shares.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I believe the amount depends on length of voyage, not cabin grade.

You are correct it is only based on the length of the cruise..

To the OP: Suggest you think carefully about purchasing the stock if you only take one or two of the shorter cruises a year (under 14 days) ..

CCL Every Brokerage house will charge exactly the same for the 100 shares of stock..Right now it's trading at $36.55 which you will pay plus the Brokerage Fee..Investing $3655.00 plus now may not pay if you don't cruise on the longer cruises...Only on the Brokerage fee will they differ..

You will only get one OBC per Cabin as the shareholders rules state:

Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied stateroom..So unless you are doing it for an investment it's not wise to purchase more than 100 shares....

We purchased our stock at around $18.00 plus a share in 2009 & take the longer cruises two or three times a year..We normally receive $250 OBC for every cruise & have taken 6 cruises, plus two in the future & still have not made up the price we paid for the stock..Even for our 68 day cruise in Jan we will receive a Max of $250 OBC for the stock..Of course it was a good investment for us because if we sell it now, we will have make some profit..

If you only take one or two cruises a year & book 7-10 days it will take you many years to make up your investment..

Check out this WEB site: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

The benefit is: $250 for 14 days or more

$100 For 7 to 13 days

$50.00 for 6 days or less

Good luck..Betty

You are correct it is only based on the length of the cruise..

To the OP: Suggest you think carefully about purchasing the stock if you only take one or two of the shorter cruises a year (under 14 days) ..

CCL Every Brokerage house will charge exactly the same for the 100 shares of stock..Right now it's trading at $36.55 which you will pay plus the Brokerage Fee..Investing $3655.00 plus now may not pay if you don't cruise on the longer cruises...Only on the Brokerage fee will they differ..

You will only get one OBC per Cabin as the shareholders rules state:

Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied stateroom..So unless you are doing it for an investment it's not wise to purchase more than 100 shares....

We purchased our stock at around $18.00 plus a share in 2009 & take the longer cruises two or three times a year..We normally receive $250 OBC for every cruise & have taken 6 cruises, plus two in the future & still have not made up the price we paid for the stock..Even for our 68 day cruise in Jan we will receive a Max of $250 OBC for the stock..Of course it was a good investment for us because if we sell it now, we will have make some profit..

If you only take one or two cruises a year & book 7-10 days it will take you many years to make up your investment..

Check out this WEB site: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

The benefit is: $250 for 14 days or more

$100 For 7 to 13 days

$50.00 for 6 days or less

Good luck..Betty

I definitely agree with this. Make sure this is money you don't need and are willing to invest for a while. I actually got mine at around $16 a share, and sold it for around $38. (I really made out on my RCC stock, paid $6, and sold it for $34). I needed the money at the time due to some housing upgrades I needed to do, and figured it would take a while at an average cruise of 1 a year to make up for some of the cost.

Thank you all so much. I did use USAA, and i have a brokerage account opened. I did transfer 3700. Hopefully i can buy 100 shared. What happened was i can not buy for a week. So the cost can go up or down.

Im taking a 14 night cruise at the end of the month. So best thing i can say is 250. BiNg BiNg FAST. lol

Next question: How much time to i need to submit my info by fax?

I can buy on the 10th

I travel on the 26th

Keeping fingers crossed. This would be an awesome, special cruise with an extra 250.

thanks everyone

Thank you all so much. I did use USAA, and i have a brokerage account opened. I did transfer 3700. Hopefully i can buy 100 shared. What happened was i can not buy for a week. So the cost can go up or down.

Im taking a 14 night cruise at the end of the month. So best thing i can say is 250. BiNg BiNg FAST. lol

I can buy on the 10th

I travel on the 26th

Keeping fingers crossed. This would be an awesome, special cruise with an extra 250.

thanks everyone

I think you'll be fine with that time frame but I would note on the fax that you are sailing soon (even though it's obvious).

One thing. If you and your spouse buy 200 shares of CCL, I don' t think they will give two OBC to you for one cabin, so don't buy extra shares with that thought in mind. I could be mistaken about that, but one time when I traveled with a girlfriend who also had CCL, they wanted to limit us to one shareholders credit for the cabin.

That said, I think over the years, my Carnival stock has been a good investment, and if I cruise 3 times a year, I get the OBC three times, which actually works out to more than a dividend would be (and isn't taxable when I do my taxes:D)

You are right -- just buy 100 shares as you get OBC for the cabin.

I can buy on the 10th

I travel on the 26th

thanks everyone

I don't know the length of your cruise but this link should help you:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....l-sharebenefit

I think you'll be fine with that time frame but I would note on the fax that you are sailing soon (even though it's obvious).

unless there is another 'event' (9/11 and costa concordia both come to mind) and the shares tank. long-term i think it is a fine investment, however.

no offense, but if you do not know how to become a shareholder in a public compnay, you should NOT be buying stock. the stock market is a gamble at best. to buy stock, gamble, just to get a OBC is silly.

Yes, I agree. But if the OP is interested in investing in CCL or any other company, it is good to ask questions before investing. (Don't invest in any stock without research please.)

Salacia

Disclosure:

CCL (underwater) stockholder

I can buy on the 10th

I travel on the 26th

thanks everyone

Did you specify the amount of your "buy order? I understand you can buy on Oct 10, but at what price? What if 100 shares costs more than the $3,700 you transferred to your new brokerage account? And if the stock price is less, will your purchase order go through? Thanks, -S.

i bought my ccl stock a few years ago when prices were very low .At first I only got Obc for the cruises i took ...which were a few per year

now we get dividends ....yeah ...so OBC plus dividends......very nice

I do choose more cCCL companies as i am almost Elite with Princess and Carnival And thus get more benefits

basically my obc over the years has paid for my investment and initial purchase

i am very happy I bought it when i did Usuallu you get your papers quite quickly ...I deal with Td bank ...my monthly statement is what i send to the cruiseline to get OBC at least 6 weeks prior to sailing ...You must submit this to yield management or equivalent for every cruise do it just after final payment call to find out who exactly to fax to .....cross out other info with liquid paper on the copy you send

Take your confirmation of Obc with you on board ..you will get it by email

I have gotten OBC on Princess,Cunard.costa,carnival.Holland america and have purchased souvenirs and great watches as a result Remember it is combinable with CCL stock not R cI

so if you get other OBC for whatever reaon this is on top ......that adds up very nicely ....on QM 2 i got a great amount because of that and bought all kinds of stuff with it and it was just a transat from London ...by the way lovely ship

For me this was a very good investment ...but remember i got it cheap and i try to cruise a lot 3to 5 times a year .......and lately I favor the longer cruises ...and i get 250$ per cruise ...not bad

So I bought mine for OBC and have not regretted it

My longest so far was 20 days on Noordam ?......what can iI say I love ships ....not cooking or cleaning is a blessing

Enjoy your purchase ....enjoy all cruises

i could have bought RCI also at that time for 6$ but their benefits are not combinable so it was not as interesting With CCL stock I have cumulated nice amounts which really help cover some expenses on board ....but not all of course the way I spend ...LOL

Bon voyage

Michele

Did you specify the amount of your "buy order? I understand you can buy on Oct 10, but at what price? What if 100 shares costs more than the $3,700 you transferred to your new brokerage account? And if the stock price is less, will your purchase order go through? Thanks, -S.

I need to call back on the 10th. I can not place the order until then. Thanks so much for Your input. I wish we could of talked yesterday.

debbie

I need to call back on the 10th. I can not place the order until then. Thanks so much for Your input. I wish we could of talked yesterday.

debbie

You may need to add more money to your account to be sure you purchase 100 shares. I just checked and the price went to $37.15.

You will need enough to cover the price and the brokerage fee.

You may need to add more money to your account to be sure you purchase 100 shares. I just checked and the price went to $37.15.

You will need enough to cover the price and the brokerage fee.

OH NO. lol Let me call. ThanKS so much

Archived