LIVE from the Vision of the Seas Sailing 5 Oct 2012

Hi Trainman,

Thanks for all the wonderful work and effort you are putting into this live review, we're thoroughly enjoying it and all the pictures & ship info.:)

I just had a couple of questions for you....

Is there additional charges for Ben & Jerry's and also Cafe Latte-tudes? The cookies looked good....

Is there only burgers/pizza in the Solarium at night, or other snacks?

How has the evening entertainment and shows been?

Thanks again,

Debi

Trainman, we are really enjoying your review on the Panama Canal. We did our 1st one 1999 from San Juan to Los Angeles, 2009 from San Diego to FLL. Brings back many memories as these were our 40th and 50th anniversary cruises. Looking forward to your San D to FLL trip.

Fantastic photo's your doing a great job with your new camera. We are both photo nuts and appreciate what your doing.

One question for you, if you recall at your ports what deck are they using to disembark ? We will be sailing 12/14.

Thanks, have a great return cruise.

Hi Trainman,

Thanks for all the wonderful work and effort you are putting into this live review, we're thoroughly enjoying it and all the pictures & ship info.:)

Is there additional charges for Ben & Jerry's and also Cafe Latte-tudes? The cookies looked good....

Thanks again,

Debi

Debi,

Having been on the Enchantment a few months ago I think I can answer your first two questions, though Trainman will have to confirm.

Burgers, dogs, brats, sandwiches, and pizza in solarium during lunchtime and into early evening. Late nights pre made sandwiches and pizza only until 1ish ...

Ben and Jerry's and Cafe Latte-Tudes at extra cost, and seemed price the same as their land based counterparts. Not sure if plain old coffe costs extra but I know cappuccinos, lattes, etc were additional. Supposedly cookies, brownies etc only for those purchasing, but I never saw anyone denied :D

Edited by scottamiller

Hi Trainman,

Thanks again,

Debi

Debi,

The Cookies are free but the specialty coffees and ice cream cost extra in Cafe Lattitudes.

The Solarium has burgers, hot dogs, french fries, pizza, some pre-made cold sandwiches, soup, and some salads.

We usually don't go to the shows but our table mates on the first leg liked most of them.

Jim

The Port at San Diego is not the best organized I have seen. The terminal building is not air conditioned but it was "OK" yesterday because it was not too hot outside.

Unloading took place in the middle of the parking lot. If it had been raining there would have been a lot of wet luggage.

IMG_1179.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

Trainman-thanks for taking us along on your cruise!

Hope Judith is feeling better. I used to get very seasick until I began taking chewable Bonine or generic Meclizine. I take it every day while at sea and haven't been sick since. On most ships you can go down to the medical facility and get little packets of pills for free. Last time I checked it was Meclizine.

Just a suggestion!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.